PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia "Eyefinity"

jtdigital
12-28-2009, 11:30 AM
so when fermi comes out, what will Nvidia call their eyefinity?

sli vs crossfire
eyefinity vs ? :)

dengyong
12-28-2009, 11:44 AM

Better. :rofl:

Jowy Atreides
12-28-2009, 11:45 AM

sli vs crossfire
eyefinity vs ? :)

Nothing, nvidia aren't going for the 3 monitors thing. They're bypassing the issue.

Or maybe they'll rename the global numbering system ..again

Frag Maniac
12-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Nvidia seem to be more into their 3D Vision than triple+ monitor setups, which makes sense IMO. Eyefinity for the most part is going to be used by the business sector. Not many gamers can afford 3 let alone 6 HD monitors, and for using 3 there's always TH2G anyway. Last thing I want to do is make my living room look like a wall display at Best Buy or Frys just over one of ATI's latest marketing gimmicks.

H2O
12-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Nvidia seem to be more into their 3D Vision than triple+ monitor setups, which makes sense IMO. Eyefinity for the most part is going to be used by the business sector. Not many gamers can afford 3 let alone 6 HD monitors, and for using 3 there's always TH2G anyway. Last thing I want to do is make my living room look like a wall display at Best Buy or Frys just over one of ATI's latest marketing gimmicks.

You would be surprised. I am using two 22" LCDs and it makes a huge difference when writing papers and browsing the internet. I still only game on one (as the bezels would split the crosshairs), but in every other application I could never see myself going back to a single monitor.

NeXaR
12-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I myself am gaming tripleheaded on nVidia without a TH2Go. Google the software "Soft TH" ;)

Frag Maniac
12-28-2009, 10:22 PM
@H20,
Using only 2 monitors is not exactly what I meant. Eyefinity used as 6 displays is a very small niche of the gaming market. Besides, what you said in no way invalidates my point, in fact it actually validates it. Eyefinity will probably be used more technically than entertainment wise.

@Nex,
Yeah I've heard of the software type TH, but it doesn't support very many games.

JohnZS
12-29-2009, 03:31 AM
NVS Multiple display technology on the Fermi Quadro cards will drive upto 4 displays without the need of purchasing an additional NVS add on board. For consumer Fermi cards I would guess nVidia my call this nVision/nView 2 or something like that.
Please note this is pure speculation as only the Quadro Fermi cards have confirmed 4 display output.
John

H2O
12-29-2009, 09:52 AM
@H20,
Using only 2 monitors is not exactly what I meant. Eyefinity used as 6 displays is a very small niche of the gaming market. Besides, what you said in no way invalidates my point, in fact it actually validates it. Eyefinity will probably be used more technically than entertainment wise.

@Nex,
Yeah I've heard of the software type TH, but it doesn't support very many games.

Ok, sorry, I read a little too much into your post. Yeah, I can't really see most gamers using a six monitor setup either, unless it was a specialized setup (:banana::banana::banana::banana:pit for flight simulators, racing setup, etc.).

Solid Snake
12-29-2009, 03:31 PM
mmmm

Eyefinity VS Nvidia G92

jajajajajajajaja:shocked:

Always is the same model xD

Blacky
12-29-2009, 03:31 PM

a 120hz monitor (1680x1050 btw) + 3dgoggles ($500-550) set cost almost as much as 3 24" TN panels monitors which are 550-600 :rolleyes: I could make more use of 3 displays than 1 that does specifically one thing 3d gaming/ movies maybe besides normal using...even so the market that buys R800 or either Fermi when is launched have money for these kind of setups...

LedHed
01-01-2010, 09:20 AM
a 120hz monitor (1680x1050 btw) + 3dgoggles ($500-550) set cost almost as much as 3 24" TN panels monitors which are 550-600 :rolleyes: I could make more use of 3 displays than 1 that does specifically one thing 3d gaming/ movies maybe besides normal using...even so the market that buys R800 or either Fermi when is launched have money for these kind of setups...

anyone that is bothering to run a multi-display setup will not buy TN panels.

zalbard
01-01-2010, 09:21 AM
anyone that is bothering to run a multi-display setup will not buy TN panels.
Don't see why not, horizontal viewing angles are fine.

LedHed
01-01-2010, 09:25 AM
because they are cheap and inferior to MVA/PVA/ITS panels and anyone with any sense will buy a single high class display rather than a lot of cheap ones.

zalbard
01-01-2010, 09:27 AM
For gaming? Not necessarily.

Blacky
01-03-2010, 08:16 PM
For gaming? Not necessarily.

This

Chickenfeed
01-03-2010, 09:39 PM
As much as I like the idea of running multiple high end LCDs, I'll have to agree. My educated guess would be the average 3+ display user ( those already being a select few ) is / will run multiple 16:9 TN panels from here on out ( being they are becoming the norm ) Hell, your brick and motor stores scarecly carry none TN panels anymore let alone 16:10s. There will always be a demand for higher end displays however the average user appears to be content with TN and for most intents and purposes they do just fine, not to mention their very low cost. For me it was the kind of " I didn't know what I was missing until I tried it" deal. I was fine with my TN panel but when I went to a nicer panel, I appreciate the differences now. Still, the fact remains that when I purchased this displaying getting into a 24" LCD meant spending $800+, now you can get 23/24" 1080P TN displays for $200-300. The remaining few true 24" 1200 none TN displays in circulation still cost $500+ so they still aren't what I'd consider mainstream.

From the buisness end, most I've seen using multiple panels in the past have just gone for multiple cheaper models ( eg many 19"s vs a single larger display ) and other than your design fields ( eg photo, film, animation ect ) I honestly doubt there is a huge need for much more ( given most people won't / don't appreciate the difference in higher quality panels given their usage )

m0da
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Don't forget a large portion of the medical sector needs high-q monitors.

When your x-ray/ultrasound/etc is scanned into the computer, would you rather your oncologist diagnose via a tn or an i/m/p panel?

MaK2000
01-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Still, if you look at what most Eyefinity setups are around the most I have seen are three TN panels like the P2310H from Dell has become really popular because of the low price tag and the inclusion of displayport. Three of that monitor is the most common Eyefinity setup that I have seen around. I think that most people would rather shell out $600 for three TN than $1500+ for VA or IPS of the same size. For what most people do the panel type doesn't matter to them since most people don't know the difference and are only looking at price and most people haven't seen a VA or IPS panel and wouldn't be paying enough attention unless watching a movie to comment on how the color was better than their own monitor. I would be just fine with three TN panels and am familiar with how much better my friend's with UltraSharp monitors look than my own. I don't think it has anything to do with sense. The pricetag compared to what I care about means I don't care about the higher quality picture. I just care about the real estate and spending the money elsewhere.

shaolin95
01-04-2010, 12:27 AM
No need for Flatfinity here....3D vision is the way you are supposed to experience 3d games.
No matter if you use 100 LCDs it would still be a flat world.

revenant
01-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Still, if you look at what most Eyefinity setups are around the most I have seen are three TN panels like the P2310H from Dell has become really popular because of the low price tag and the inclusion of displayport. Three of that monitor is the most common Eyefinity setup that I have seen around. I think that most people would rather shell out $600 for three TN than $1500+ for VA or IPS of the same size. For what most people do the panel type doesn't matter to them since most people don't know the difference and are only looking at price and most people haven't seen a VA or IPS panel and wouldn't be paying enough attention unless watching a movie to comment on how the color was better than their own monitor. I would be just fine with three TN panels and am familiar with how much better my friend's with UltraSharp monitors look than my own. I don't think it has anything to do with sense. The pricetag compared to what I care about means I don't care about the higher quality picture. I just care about the real estate and spending the money elsewhere.

Well said!

shawnoen
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes, I love my setup. I have NO issues with TN panels. My displays are clear as can be!

SocketMan
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
When I am watching 3 p00rrn movies at the same time - last thing that comes to mind is what the monitors are made of :rofl:

InCredible
01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
also the common eyefinity is 3 monitors..only one card will do 6 and its not even out yet.
3 will be a lot more common and honestly as long as performance is on par per price with nvidia id MUCH rather have 3 lcd's vs physx or 3d gaming. of course this is all personal preference but screen real estate is very important to me..id much rather work on 3 lcd's then one and i for one always have a bunch of web pages/programs opened at once and would prefer them to be spread out..however i do own a higher end panel vs a TN..and would like two more which will be costly...i just cant see going backwards..idk if ill notice the quality but id be pretty upset if i did.

ajaidev
01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
This dream got answered by Nvidia very good nvidia....

shawnoen
01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes indeed, glad I held of buying a 5870. I'll wait now for details to decide if new displays are in order. I want to see if they will be using 3x DVI, HDMI, or displayport.

No need for 120hz here since I won't be doing 3d. I tried it in Vegas a couple weeks ago at a private Fry Electronics party and it made me physically sick within about 30 seconds.

LedHed
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes, I love my setup. I have NO issues with TN panels. My displays are clear as can be!

if you set your TN panel next to a high quality S-IPS/P-MVA/PVA panel you would see why it cost more and is a better quality display.

My friend has one of the newest TN Samsung 24" panels and he brought it over to my house; the difference was obvious. However he paid $180 and I paid $600 :D

individual
01-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I also doubt that many gamers would use 3 monitors, unless you are into flight sims. or want to sacrafice graphic quality for some demanding games AKA crysis. I've got 2x 22" myself for window shopping on the net and work, but i only play on one when it comes to gaming. 3D seems the way to go, avatar just gave it a massive boost for the consumer market, considering the monitors glasses only started coming out less than a year ago (i think) I was at harvey norman the other day and i could hear everyone in the tv section, i swear to you everyone asking about 3D capability. Nvidia made the right choice IMO with 3D, i doubt they would bother with an eyefinity-like feature when its easy to predict how fast 3d will come into the average home, I mean they are releasing blu-ray players with 3D in time for Avatar blu-ray release.

Lekko
01-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Why not just have the center monitor be a nice panel, and the two side panels be TN ones for cheap? I could see that happening more often.

jtdigital
01-19-2010, 06:32 PM
so i read somewhere, nvidia version of multi display is called "Nvidia 3D Surround", i'm still kinda skeptical about their 3D vision gaming thing though... hmm.... :)

LedHed
01-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Why not just have the center monitor be a nice panel, and the two side panels be TN ones for cheap? I could see that happening more often.

that is actually a great idea