PDA

View Full Version : need to buy new motherboard

Sn@ke:~
12-23-2009, 07:40 PM
hi guy looking forward for your great advise

My P5N-D 750i motherboard was crap since day one but had to keep it, cuz of the situation i was in. But I just lost the 2 first memory slot as i wanted to have 8 gig of ram.

Now i would like to buy a new 775 socket motherboard cuz i want to keep my hardware and i was thinking of buying a TRI SLI board. But i don't know which one i should buy and oh ! yes i'm using ddr2 8ooMhz mem so no ddr3 board.

Which board i should be getting out of all the TRI SLI 775 socket should i go intel or nvidia. I'm thinking that i could buy 2 ATI GPU and keep 1 of my 8800 gts g92 for physix and sell the other one to a friend which i have a duorb intalled on both.

All advice are welcome

Please keep the focus on m need to know

Thanx in advance:up:

Chickenfeed
12-23-2009, 09:45 PM
To clarify from the start, all intel 775 chipsets strictly support crossfire and not SLI so if you do infact want an actual Tri-SLI board, your options are basically limited to the 7xxi boards (nvidia chipsets and generally less than favorable boards as you have mentioned hehe).

Since you've mentioned wanting 2 ATI cards (crossfire) however, I believe you in fact meant you want a board with 3 PCIe slots. That said if you could mention a budget, we could give you a more appropriate recommendation. There are many afforable, quality 775 boards and even some of the previously high end, more expensive boards have came down in price substantially in the last 12 months so there are plenty of options.

Do you have a perference as far as board makers go or are you open to most things?

12-24-2009, 02:48 AM
I ment 775 CPU socket not chipset set !

And yes i'm open to any brand as long as it is the best quality perofrmance price

I have a Intel core 2 duo e8400 i'm using ddr2 800Mhz memory and would like to use one of my 8800GTS (g92) gpu for physix without having to buy any other hardware.

Yes i would like to have 3 PCI-E slot as i would like to go crossfire and use the 3dr slot for physix.

Leeghoofd
12-24-2009, 04:55 AM
If you buy a new GPU is there's a real need for Physx card ? do they really boost games or is the gain just inbetween the ears ( will have to look into that)

I would go for a simple mobo like P5Q-E, Gigabyte 45 UD3LR... thee will boost ya CPU to 4ghz without a problem ( CPU, ram and cooling permitting ofcourse ) For the Crossfire no problem, 3rd PCI-E I think you need to go into a higher price range , which to me isn't worth it at all to waste cash on S775. And for your info there are modded drivers that do SLI on an Intel chipset based S775 Mobo. Better give that a try first...

KizilejdeR
12-24-2009, 08:06 AM
I advice Dfi Lp Dk P45 T2rs+,Biostar Tpower i45 and Dfi Lp Ut X48 T2r (For 3 PCIe slot).

12-30-2009, 01:43 AM
I guess it is the best sugestion i can get for a new motherbard.

Ummm

I thought there was more mobo than that. I heard mobe with three PCI-e that can run crossfire and also using an Nvidia for physix.

I don't know if it is worth it, but i do know i have the Nvidia card already and that i will go for crossfire instead of buying $$$$$$Nvidia$$$$$ new card.

H2O
12-30-2009, 09:37 AM
As KizilejdeR said, go for the DFI PanParty X48 UT T2R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136049

I used the LT version of this board in my previous build, and it was very good.