PDA

View Full Version : Open Beta MAG starting Januari 4th

Starscream
12-23-2009, 03:58 AM
From the 4th til the 8th of Januari there wil be an open Beta for the FPS MAG.

During the BEta users will have acces to the 64-player ‘Sabotage’ and 256-player ‘Domination’ game modes.

People can start downloading the Beta client on the 4th.

Steps to get into the Open Beta:

1. Log on to the PlayStation Store and download the MAG Beta file like you would any other freely-available PSN video or demo (37 MB)
2. Launch the MAG Beta program from your XMB to download a special patch that will restart MAG once the update has been received (another 38 MB)
3. After the reboot, the beta will reconnect and download the actual game data so that you can play (1.8 GB – 2.3 GB depending on your region)

Source:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/21/mag-open-beta-announced/

SoulsCollective
12-23-2009, 04:07 AM
Intriguing spelling of 'January' in the thread title ^_^

Seriously though, 256-player games? On a console? Methinks not.

Starscream
12-23-2009, 05:47 AM
Intriguing spelling of 'January' in the thread title ^_^

Seriously though, 256-player games? On a console? Methinks not.

its how we spell it overhere :p: every language spells it diffrently and i kept mixing them up so i stopped trying.

I read reports from people who played in the closed beta and they said they hardly ever had lag. The devs claim to have developed a way to avoid lag.
Besides the game uses proper dedicated servers.

and if it works or not we wil see in the open beta soon.

Jamesrt2004
12-23-2009, 08:02 AM
this will be one of the biggest games... ever it will completley change console online fps been watching on this for a good year and half/2 years now

Monkeywoman
12-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Valor Company FTW!! i already pre-ordered this game, its going to be sick

masterg
12-27-2009, 07:22 PM
i got a ps3 for christmas and joined the PSN for free games/demos. came across the mag beta demo looked like fun. was like 5gb download which took 2hrs then when i ran it forced a 2gb update which i couldnt back out of and at 92% it lost connection and had to restart. then many hours after that i install and run and then tells me i cant play til jan 4th :(

<- poor experience with mag :(

zanzabar
12-27-2009, 08:07 PM
its more annoying since it takes over the ps3 and dosnt let it background dload, i want to see a 128v128 game, with that and the ps3 supporting a mouse and keyboard this could be the greatest step forward for fps not on the pc. we just have to hope that mouse and keyboard are supported in the game and not disabled like what happened with killzone were it was built for it, then enabled then instantly disabled since it wasnt fair to controller users