PDA

View Full Version : NF7 sound issue

Holst
12-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Hiya.

Im running an ordinary NF7 rev2.

Playin games its fine but I just tried to watch a DVD and the sound was all distorted, it was fine for 5 minutes but after that it sounded dreadfull.

I reinstalled my NF2 drivers, and tried several sound drivers.. realtek and windows ones.

Tried with and without NVidia IDE drivers.

Clocked back to stock speeds and voltages on everything (even took VDD to stock)

Reinstalled power DVD.

This is all on bios 16 and 20.
And win2k.

I put my soundblaster 5.1 in and problems were all gone and sound quality was markedly better..

What sound drivers do you recomend for the NF7.. any other suggestions for a fix?

Sovereignty
12-14-2003, 12:53 AM
Everybody had the same problem with the NF7 onboard sound. One of the newer nforce driver updates fixed it.

quicksilver98
12-14-2003, 01:35 AM
Yea update all yer drivers... bios... that jag

Holst
12-16-2003, 10:48 AM
I thought I "had" updated the drivers.

But im not sure what I sould be using... Im on the latest Nforce but its the sound drivers themselves that confuse me.

Iolao
12-16-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm using 3.75 drivers patched and all seems fine. I installed them by a set of remixed drivers (see nforcehq forum). In control panel be sure to mute line in and mic if not used to stop crackling. Maybe your problem is ac3 filters?

jmg823
01-13-2004, 06:59 PM
i had same problem with my 5.1's sond was coming out from wrong places and EVEYTHING was messed up! new drivers just messed it up more by coming up woth an error every time i tried to load the sound utility

they finally worked after i switched the plugs around on the back of the comp (THEY WERE IN THE RIGHT SPOTS! I MOVED THEM TO THE WRONG SPOTS BEFORE THEY WORKED!

LORD
01-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Firstly, make certain the old drivers are cleaned out as well as can be.

Then use proggy, Driver Cleaner. Follow the instructions to the letter.

Use DX 9.0B. Install the 3.13 nForce Drivers. Then install ATI's.

Also make certain the South Bridge has a good sink on there. Actively cooled if possible.

With this method there is no crackling.

Use Bios NF7D_14beta with 4227 SATA drivers.

Good luck

EDIT: Just realised yours is NON 'S' I still found that bios to be good. Although D10 was good for highest fsb.