PDA

View Full Version : My first WC with pics

nismosd
12-18-2009, 02:26 PM
I just wanted to share a few pics of my first WC setup. Comments and critics are welcome.:up:

Hardware:
ABS Tagan black pearl
i5 @ 4.0 Vcore 1.4v
ASrock p55 extreme
4890 @ 925-1100

Swiftech gtz & 655
ek 4890 lt
2xmcr220
primochill lrt
custom res.

TJ TRICHEESE
12-18-2009, 02:28 PM
is ur mobo upside down

nlancaster
12-18-2009, 02:29 PM
looks pretty good. I like where you put the resevoir. may make it hard to work on but an interesting location, maybe paint/anodize the resevoir cover black to match the case? Need some pictures that give a better overview of the system.

:edit: Just noticed that your CPU block is twisted a little. Probably wont effect performance at all. But it is crooked in th epictures.
Also anyone know what the pictures dont wrap down to the next line. They are running horizotally across my browser, Opera.

Waterlogged
12-18-2009, 02:45 PM
looks pretty good. I like where you put the resevoir. may make it hard to work on but an interesting location, maybe paint/anodize the resevoir cover black to match the case? Need some pictures that give a better overview of the system.

:edit: Just noticed that your CPU block is twisted a little. Probably wont effect performance at all. But it is crooked in th epictures.
Also anyone know what the pictures dont wrap down to the next line. They are running horizotally across my browser, Opera.

Block is mounted like that intentionally because it's a duel mounting hole MoBo.

nismosd
12-18-2009, 03:10 PM
is ur mobo upside down

Yeah it's inverted, That's the setup with this case.

[QUOTE=nlancaster;4161853]looks pretty good. I like where you put the resevoir. may make it hard to work on but an interesting location, maybe paint/anodize the resevoir cover black to match the case? Need some pictures that give a better overview of the system.

I have a black res cover cut already, it just has to be finalized.

Sorry about the low quality pics, but all i have is a point and shoot camera. The last pics is with flash.

Envydia007
12-18-2009, 03:58 PM
it looks neat.

weston
12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
nice job with the custom work. I am a big fan of that case too, I have the Lian-Li version.

nlancaster
12-18-2009, 04:36 PM
yeah looks pretty good. Nice short loop that is for sure.

Kanzy
12-18-2009, 05:37 PM
I like your res, very cool looking.

CedricFP
12-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Looks great!

WaterFlex
12-19-2009, 12:07 AM
yes, white horses are sexy :up:

Conumdrum
12-19-2009, 07:41 AM
With the water out hose from the GPU into the res create bubbles all the time in the res? So the loop always has small bubbles in it? Or is it a nice trickle so no bubbles form in the res?

Stewie007
12-19-2009, 08:26 AM
You might want to secure your tubing with something other than a zip tie.

nismosd
12-19-2009, 03:46 PM
You might want to secure your tubing with something other than a zip tie.

I was under the impression after reading many posts that zip ties were fine to use as clamps. The screw band type clamps just plain looks ugly.

With the water out hose from the GPU into the res create bubbles all the time in the res? So the loop always has small bubbles in it? Or is it a nice trickle so no bubbles form in the res?

Yes that is a problem, this is a temporary res. I'm making one which will still feed from the top but will have a secluded chamber to solve the issue. This is my first WC and have a lot to learn. I have the res now filled almost to the top to reduce the air bubles. Temps are good but will probably benefit from a res that's built right.

StAndrew
12-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Nice. Love the res and how you have the pump positioned. Now all you need is three more vid cards to fill up that empty space :).

Zip ties are just fine. Used them many times. As long as you pull them tight enough (I use some needle nose pliers to tighten mine usually). The only down side is taking them off.

WrigleyVillain
12-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Looking good :up:

ViViD
12-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Clearly ;)
Good Work And Use Short Hose It's Too Better :)

nismosd
12-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Nice. Love the res and how you have the pump positioned. Now all you need is three more vid cards to fill up that empty space :).

Zip ties are just fine. Used them many times. As long as you pull them tight enough (I use some needle nose pliers to tighten mine usually). The only down side is taking them off.

Yeah, I'm going to add 1 more card, but I don't fully understand how to link them fittings wise. I gotta do some research on that.

Looking good :up:

Thanks...

Clearly ;)
Good Work And Use Short Hose It's Too Better :)

Funny thing is I ordered 10 feet of hose. Oh well time for a new loop :)