PDA

View Full Version : what are the good 360 games that are not shooters

zanzabar
12-17-2009, 02:07 AM
what are the good 360 games that are not shooters, im not down with wasting time with a controller and a shooter and was hoping for platformers but they seam to be rare and sony only

SNiiPE_DoGG
12-17-2009, 02:19 AM
360 only games? from what I have been looking at forza 3 seems pretty incredible and is getting reviews off the charts, but I know your gonna shoot me down with "GT is always the best" :p:

Michowski
12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Forza 3 is the best racing game ive ever played.

Chris_redfield
12-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Banjo Kazoie Nuts and Bolts!!! There are quite a few haters for this game as a lot of people dislike the GTA openworld approach to Banjo Kazooie, but the humour is brilliant, the graphics are jaw dropping in some places (I think this may be the best looking game on the 360, because from the high points of some of the levels you can see the whole map, with clockwork clouds, patchwork fields and crazy looking creatures its just amazing to look at.) and it also allows you to be creative, rather than forcing a certain type of vehicle on you to complete a mission you can chose to create one of your own.

Kameo is also a lot of fun, and again a great looking game (although it has aged a bit now as it was a launch title, but I felt that it was the best 360 title available at launch and it is often overlooked.) The first time you get to ride a horse onto the world map brings out that feeling you got when you first got to ride Epona in Zelda the Ocarina of Time. Only in Kameo you get to charge head first into a huge army of orks.

Fable II is spectacular. Its very short if you decide just to follow the story through as quickly as possible, but if you take the time to explore, settle down start a family, maybe even start up a business or just try to complete all the side quests then there is a very rich and engaging experience waiting for you.

Too Human is good fun as well considering you can pick it up new for about £5-£10. It's probably not worth the wait that silicon knights put us through but its a good old bit of smashing stuff up with RPG elements.

I also really liked Last Odyssey. It took me a while to get into it as the opening bit is a bit dull and very formulaic but its actually quite fun after awhile. It very cleverly uses literature that you have to read on the screen, as well as the old fashioned cut scenes in order to give the main character a past that spans centuries creating a much richer and interesting story than most JRPG's manage. But, these parts never feel pushed upon the player and you don't have to read them if you don't want to. And importantly, the turn based battle system is pretty damned good, adding emphasis on how you position your characters in battle.

Garou Mark of Wolves is also on the Live market place and thats worth the points. If you are into beat em ups at all DOA4 is worth picking up just for the novelty of getting to play as a spartan. And again that can be found quite cheap if you can put up with a second hand copy.

I'd also recommend Mass Effect very heavily but there is a chance you have played that already on the PC. And all this talk of Forza 3 makes me sick PGR FTW :up:

zanzabar
12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
i dont have a hard drive so im not going to get last odyssey, i might check out banjo i liked the original and bad fir day. i just heard that it was a gamer score padding game like avatar

i already played the others

Chris_redfield
12-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Some of the gamer score points are easy to get (take a few pictures, make so many vehicles and save them etc.) Though these only amount for a small amount of the points. And some of them are pretty vague in their description that they actually serve as a bit of a riddle and is quite fun figuring out what you have to do. But actually finishing the game and getting all of the achievements is incredibly hard and eats up so much time.

Banjo isn't as blue as conker's bad fur day, and its kind of a mix of the original Banjo and Diddy Kong racing but its still a great fun game.

I forgot about Dead Rising, but you have probably already played that as well. A great zombie game that may as well be renamed Dawn of The Dead, again its pretty funny and the sheer amount of weapons on offer is a lot of fun. The only problem I have with it is the ridiculous difficulty imposed by the incredibly unfair save system. Some argue that it makes the game even more tense to play and therefore better. I just think thats an excuse for a huge flaw in an otherwise great game. I still haven't finished it because of the save system but I do return and start a new game from time to time.

GTSRboy
12-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Geometry Wars.
http://jasoncirillo.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/geometry_wars.jpg

Chris_redfield
12-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Looking at that screenshot I heard in my head the sound that the black holes make when they go off as well as the shooting sounds from the ship. I have just realised now how much of my life Geometry Wars stole from me.

Angmaar
12-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Castle Crashers, Oblivion, Marble Blast Ultra and Geometry Wars get my vote.

daitro
12-19-2009, 07:55 PM
SKATE & SKATE 2 are brilliant games.

doox00
01-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I just picked up forza 3 and the ms racing wheel, so far having alot of fun with it. graphics are amazing too and game play is very good. I also like the pgr series, wonder if there is a new one being developed?

Volcanicstrad37
01-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Bayonetta! Been playing for a couple days now, it is a very fun game!

zanzabar
01-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Bayonetta! Been playing for a couple days now, it is a very fun game!

i thought that it was disappointing it was way to short, but when it was going it was good. i also need to get darksiders but there is dark void and masseffect 2 for the pc for this and next week

Trembledust
01-24-2010, 07:39 PM
i thought that it was disappointing it was way to short, but when it was going it was good. i also need to get darksiders but there is dark void and masseffect 2 for the pc for this and next week

Really? U thought Bayonetta was short?

I dont know about Dark Void. Played the demo on both xbox and pc. Not a game i'd see myself dropping $40 on considering the other games expected to release like Mass Effect 2. Darksiders I havent treid yet so I'll keep an open mind.

Hmmm but back to the thread topic....good non shooter on 360...Grid but i'd play that on pc over console anyday.

If u into sports games u got Madden 2010, FIFA, NHL Fight Night Round 4, Tiger Woods...basically all of the EA sports titles except Live 2010. Would go with NBA 2k10 instead but u can get that on pc for cheap. UFC Undisputed is another good one in sports genre.

zanzabar
01-24-2010, 08:07 PM
bayonetta was supposed to be like DMC so i thought that it would be a good 25-30 hours in the 1st play through, and for a full priced and or disk game i find it absurd when single player games are sub 10 hours. but it didnt feel played out so i guess short and not boring is better than a game that gets played out and is long.

i decided as of now to replay mass effect to get a save for ME2, then if its engaging im going to go back and do it again but full rebel (but on the pc)

and i had meant console exclusives, but mostly 360 only ones

ExodusC
01-27-2010, 07:46 AM
I've been playing Mass Effect (if you want to call that a shooter, I guess you can) and Operation Darkness (tactics RPG that focuses mostly on long-range combat). I'm not sure how most people feel about Operation Darkness, as the critics gave it awful reviews, due to the lacking graphics (a stupid reason) and camera (albeit it's bad, I got over it quickly).

Haven't played much of Eternal Sonata, though I'm mostly waiting to finish Mass Effect before I start another RPG.