PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up 2 Newegg shipping

FireDragon
12-15-2009, 12:13 PM
I ordered my parts on Saturday night so nothing was processed till Monday, the parts shipped from Cali and i just got them delivered today, just now, So i phoned up MicroCenter with whom i ordered my memory with on Friday in the afternoon ish,and they r open on Saturday, long of the short my order didn't even ship till sometime around 4pm on Monday WTF? and is currently STILL in Pennsylvania where it was first processed...., update as i was writing this, it just got shipped to HAGERSTOWN, MD lmao i figured i would have my memory WAY b4 my other parts.....the only difference is MicroCenter used Fedex and Newegg.com used UPS...

i also think part of it was MicroCenter REALLY dropping the ball on shipping it.....as it was only memory lol, Newegg got me everything the cpu, motherboard, psu....a lot heavier and bigger package i might add that cost me 8.50 to ship ups vs also 8.50 from Fedex for 1/3 the distance and 2x the time lol, plus a lighter package by A LOT

Dragon

demonkevy666
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I ordered my parts on Saturday night so nothing was processed till Monday, the parts shipped from Cali and i just got them delivered today, just now, So i phoned up MicroCenter with whom i ordered my memory with on Friday in the afternoon ish,and they r open on Saturday, long of the short my order didn't even ship till sometime around 4pm on Monday WTF? and is currently STILL in Pennsylvania where it was first processed...., update as i was writing this, it just got shipped to HAGERSTOWN, MD lmao i figured i would have my memory WAY b4 my other parts.....the only difference is MicroCenter used Fedex and Newegg.com used UPS...

i also think part of it was MicroCenter REALLY dropping the ball on shipping it.....as it was only memory lol, Newegg got me everything the cpu, motherboard, psu....a lot heavier and bigger package i might add that cost me 8.50 to ship ups vs also 8.50 from Fedex for 1/3 the distance and 2x the time lol, plus a lighter package by A LOT

Dragon

I though it was known they only ship business days ? meaning 5 days a week not weekends
I think UPS tracking is just slow to check I once had something in had before it was ever updated on there for a whole day...
ups sometimes the boxes get beat up a lot.

FedEx how ever is usually faster for me, never been later or damaged.

FireDragon
12-15-2009, 01:14 PM
yar it was known they only ship 5 days a week, i just figured ordering the memory on Friday from MicroCenter it would have shipped out much faster on Monday morn, as they r also open on Saturday for the order to b processed all boxed up and waiting to b shipped, and the fact i knew it was shipping from PA i figured it would b here ALOT faster then an order shipped from Cali.... and i am finding the opposite out Fedex tracking wasn't even working til late last night, where UPS has been working since i first revived my e-mail with the tracking number from newegg, up to the point that i just checked on there site and it is listed as delivered not more then a few hrs after getting it

I guess all im saying is for me i found out who im always going to go threw i got the ram from Microcenter as it was cheaper then newegg by 30 bucks, but next time ill pay the extra and get all my stuff at the same time vs thinking somewhere ships faster then newegg lol

Dragon

jpm804
12-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Sorry to hear that your memory is lagging, also want to thank you for pointing me the MC route for the memory.

I would have never checked there thinking they wouldnt even carry this memory, I was going to order it online also since the MC store next to me didnt have it in stock.

Luckily they just got one in stock today and went down there quick to pick it up, thank god since that sale price was only good til 20th i think and also had a 5% off MC coupon.

Probably cheapest price i've seen it online... also another place i wouldnt have thought carried it was Best Buy and they were even cheaper than Neweegg... go figure...

Looking at same setup as you... have processor and memory but no board yet.. looking at the CHIII also. cant wait to see your results.:up:

Stoner133
12-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Just remember that after the first of the year all shipping costs will be going up. I believe it's going up 6.9% for ground shipments and 4.9% for air shipments at UPS and 4.9% for FedEx.

FireDragon
12-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I wont b shipping ANYTHING Fedex again in my entire life, little update i still dont have the memory, BUT it is out for delivery atm, from the Fedex Depot....get this...the next State over from me....i am in Vermont and it is getting delivered from New Hampshire......WTF there is a Fedex depot a lil more then an hr from me.....so i will b surprised if i even c it b4 7pm tonight, if tonight at all......and if that is the case i will b getting some money back from MicroCenter.....

Maybe it is just where i live that Fedex has a hard time shipping here.......but for UPS and newegg to ship stuff in 28hrs from Cali vs 3 days from Pennsylvania with fedex and still not here.....that is telling me something about fedex's service and Microcenters time about getting stuff out the door....