PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Soundbar and are happy with it?

mechman
12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
My wife wants me to reduce the wires and clutter in the HTPC area...I'm debating just doing a soundbar but never have used one. Anybody have experience or words of wisdom?

I don't have the back surround sound speakers installed because of said wife...so I won't be losing out on that.

little_scrapper
12-12-2009, 03:16 PM
My wife wants me to reduce the wires and clutter in the HTPC area...I'm debating just doing a soundbar but never have used one. Anybody have experience or words of wisdom?

I don't have the back surround sound speakers installed because of said wife...so I won't be losing out on that.

I guess we know who wears the pants in your house. :yepp: your wife.

Man up! Go find the jar she keeps your nuts in, and then tell her to quit "worrying about YOUR wires and to get back in the kitchen where she belongs!" :up: :rofl:

Couldnt resist. Dont listen to me, I havent been able to find my wifes nutt jar in years! Hehe

AliG
12-13-2009, 08:19 AM
I have to agree wtih little scrapper to some degree, a soundbar from my experience is just a waste of your money. Sure it'll take some more time and effort, but if you must, buy some inwall speakers and wire them behind the dry wall. It won't be easy, but it'll definitely give you much better sound. Or you could get some hifi speakers that are so loud that you can't hear her complain about the clutter or wires