PDA

View Full Version : Apple appeals against Opti's patent victory

god_43
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Hardware firm Apple will appeal against a decision in a Texas district court granting Opti's patent on pre-snooping was valid. A court awared Opti $21 million earlier this week.

Opti sued Apple on January 16 2007, alleging that Apple had breached the patent it owns on Predictive Snooping of Cache Memory for Master-Initiated Accesses.

That, Opti had said, relates to its US patent 6,405,291.

http://www.tgdaily.com/business-and-law-features/44966-apple-appeals-against-optis-patent-victory

:shocked:

iddqd
12-08-2009, 04:41 PM
great, another patent squatter.

zanzabar
12-08-2009, 04:47 PM
not every1 who has patents is a troll or squatter, this isnt like rambus claiming all memory is their IP or the people who sued since they had a patent for a chip on a pcb with resistors that connected power from separate pcb to the chip

and the way that apple sues any1 with a white box with electronics with the biased norther CA courts and juries, i think its funny that some1 got them

god_43
12-08-2009, 05:10 PM
they sued via and are now sueing amd too............idk i think they might be patent trolls.

saaya
12-09-2009, 05:26 AM
they sued via and are now sueing amd too............idk i think they might be patent trolls.

sounds like it, yeah...

trueg50
12-09-2009, 07:25 AM

Don't forget, this isn't people suing each other, this is a company that made an idea, and Apple is using that idea without paying for it. This is a game for big boys and big girls, and is about one thing, making money.