PDA

View Full Version : Dead GTX 295?

ChaosAD
12-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Yesterday evening i had this problem with my Asus GTX 295. I sold the card to a friend of mine along with my DFI board, CPU and RAM. He came home, we put the rig up, installed Vista x64 (everything at stock settings), installed inf drivers, installed latest nvidia drivers. Everything was running fast and cool. All these on my Samsung monitor. He asked me to plug in his new LG 22" to check how it looks. So tuned off pc, unplugged my monitor and plugged in the LG one. Power on the pc, HDD works fine but no signal on the monitor. I m like WTF? Dead dvi? I plug in my monitor again and as soon as the pc start from memory check screen till the vista bar screen i have a red screen full of artifacts. Hardly readable, full of "noise". As soon as it pass vista loading bar the screen goes blank like in stand by mode, but the hdd keep working normally. Anyone else experienced this? Is the card dead? :shrug:

(My friend tested his monitor on another pc today and it works as it should.)

PS. Both green and blue lights on GTX are on while running.

andressergio
12-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Yesterday evening i had this problem with my Asus GTX 295. I sold the card to a friend of mine along with my DFI board, CPU and RAM. He came home, we put the rig up, installed Vista x64 (everything at stock settings), installed inf drivers, installed latest nvidia drivers. Everything was running fast and cool. All these on my Samsung monitor. He asked me to plug in his new LG 22" to check how it looks. So tuned off pc, unplugged my monitor and plugged in the LG one. Power on the pc, HDD works fine but no signal on the monitor. I m like WTF? Dead dvi? I plug in my monitor again and as soon as the pc start from memory check screen till the vista bar screen i have a red screen full of artifacts. Hardly readable, full of "noise". As soon as it pass vista loading bar the screen goes blank like in stand by mode, but the hdd keep working normally. Anyone else experienced this? Is the card dead? :shrug:

(My friend tested his monitor on another pc today and it works as it should.)

PS. Both green and blue lights on GTX are on while running.

Mate you are testing on HIS LCD 22 ? on YOUR SAME PC ? if so does it works on your samsung ? if it works on the samsung and not the LG then you have to check your resolution and refresh to see if the LG likes it...

Keep me updated :up:
Cheers
Sergio

ChaosAD
12-06-2009, 07:41 AM
The LG one didnt even show up the post screen in dos. The lcd led was red all the time. After changing back to my samsung i got this red screen with artifacts.

ChaosAD
12-08-2009, 01:44 AM
OK problem solved. Card was dead. I sent it back to the store, got full refund and picked up an XFX 5870 XXX plus some spare cash. First time ever with an ATi. Lets see what it has to offer :) Hope not to regret it that i didnt get the eVGA GTX295 co-op that was sitting there.

perkam
12-09-2009, 12:03 PM
ChaosAD, you won't regret the HD 5870 once you start clocking past 1000Mhz at the flick of a switch :up:

Perkam