PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Mods Questions

Chris_redfield
12-01-2009, 09:36 AM
For long and extrenuating circumastances I need a new case. I was shopping around and my dream case would be the Lian Li PC-A71FB but I'm finding it difficult to find anywhere with it in stock so on a whim I had a look over at the Mountain Mods website. Would love one but living in Scotland cost of shipping is a bit of a kick in the nuts. However they do have this one on special offer.

http://www.mountainmods.com/twice7-patriot-red-wbrushed-big-windows-p-558.html

I just have one quick question. The MM case on which side does the motherboard sit? Or is it completely interchangeable?

I only ask because from the picture it looks like the motherboard sits on the left hand side of the case (the same side as the spacings for a 240mm and 360mm rads.) Which is obviously where I'd want to mount the radiators. I like the idea of keeping the rads, and components seperate would that be possible with this case. Could I have my 240mm and 360mm rads on one side of the case and components on the other?

Chris_redfield
12-01-2009, 10:10 AM
OK, I wasn't looking at the pictures properly.

Its seems that it is only possible to run a 240mm rad at the front on the left hand side. I don't know what got into my head and made me think that there were three 120mm spacings at the back of the case.

EDIT: I went ahead and bought the case. I figured if I put it off a week or two then they would all be sold and it would be a while before there was a decent MM case in my price range again.

A quick note on the customer service at mountain mods. I'm incredibly impressed, I have never received a reply as quickly as that from an online shop. I sent them a query on the website, and by the time I logged into my email there was a detailed reply waiting for me. They can't have taken much longer than two minutes to respond.

josh1980
12-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I haven't had a 2 minute reply, but I have had first business day responses from a few of my questions. They do care about their customer service (rightfully so considering the money spent for the cases), my only complaint would be that there is no backorder or ETA on parts that are out of stock. I placed an order 11/13/09 and the status is still "Pending". I haven't emailed them yet because I'm sure I'll get it when its available so why pester them. I just wish it had an ETA on when it would ship and what parts I am waiting on. So I sit and wait and hope I get my case in the next week before I go on vacation for 2 weeks. I would hate to have the package be returned because I don't pick it up for 5 days..

Chris_redfield
12-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm sure if you got in contact with them they would be able to give you an ETA and if the time frame wasn't acceptable then you could ask them to delay the delivery.

For the case that I ordered they had shipped it within 40 minutes within placing the order. :woot:

And with regards to their prices, they are actually quite competitively priced. What drives the price up for me is shipping which doubles the cost. THEN I have to hope that I don't get caught out by the tax man who will slap a further 15% on top (provided it gets here before Jan 1st. If it gets here after that date then the tax will be 17.5%)

I really wish they would get another UK distributor.