PDA

View Full Version : Old thread

HeXploiT
11-29-2009, 12:34 AM
dead thread

Today I unexpectedly ended up buying a BFG GeForce GTX 295 H2OC (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143200) from a friend for $200!! :shocked:

I've decided to throw my GTX260 to the wind and use this 295. The rest of my system is staying aircooled but I'm looking for suggestions for a decent complete watercooling setup just for the videocard. I'm using the CoolerMaster HAF 932 so I have plenty of room but I would prefer a drive bay solution.

Any suggestions are appreciated.:)

Jah
11-29-2009, 12:59 AM
The price difference between a GPU only loop and a CPU and GPU loop is pretty much the cost of the CPU block, in other words ~40$. I would go for both.

A Primochill Typhoon III and a D5 or XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir and a DDC should take care of pump and res in two drive bays. Then just add radiator, hose, blocks and extras as you see fit :)

Component choice depends on you personal preferences regarding noise, performance, price and looks.

affiliate13
11-29-2009, 02:03 AM
Also, maybe keep the 260 for Physx. Shame to waste it. :)

millertime359
11-29-2009, 06:39 AM
Also, maybe keep the 260 for Physx. Shame to waste it. :)

GTX295 handles about anything out there. I would just hold on to the GTX260 and use it in a crunching/folding rig.

The price difference between a GPU only loop and a CPU and GPU loop is pretty much the cost of the CPU block, in other words ~40$. I would go for both.

A Primochill Typhoon III and a D5 or XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir and a DDC should take care of pump and res in two drive bays. Then just add radiator, hose, blocks and extras as you see fit :)

Component choice depends on you personal preferences regarding noise, performance, price and looks.

+1. A decent CPU only loop isn't that much. The T3 and a MCP655(D5 vario) should handle your loop just fine. Depending on CPU and overclock, you could get 2 Swiftech MCR220-QP rads, or depending on CPU and clocks, A MCR320-QP and MCR220-QP would be a bit better.

You can go check out the FS section here for parts. :)

HeXploiT
11-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Starting to rethink this now. At first I thought I wanted a drive bay unit but the more I think about it the more I'd like to go with a radiator/pump setup. As it stands I'm looking at the 2x120mm & 3x120mm radiators. Would the 2x120mm be plenty for this card? I don't plan on putting the cpu/NB in the loop because I'm still using 775 and I could be switching platforms any time in the next six months.
So...if I do go with a 2x120mm or 3x120mm radiator, what would be a decent pump to use? I'd like one that is extremely quiet.

washu9
11-30-2009, 03:28 AM
A tripple radiator is the minimum for an i7 system, but I suppose a dual is ok for a 775. Although I'd get the tripple if your case can fit it.

Like Jah said,
MCP655(D5 vario) pump can be coupled with Primochill Typhoon III reservoir for ease of maintenance latter down the road. PS. be sure you get the adjustable version of the pump so that would fit your need for a quieter system.

millertime359
11-30-2009, 06:26 AM
2x120 will be fine for a GTX295. That is what I am using on mine. A D5 vario is about the easiest for keeping quiet, but an undervolted DDC will be quiet too.