PDA

View Full Version : radiator placement..

sandman
12-06-2003, 12:21 PM
I want to add another radiator to my setup, but I'm not sure where to put it, or whether to put in parralel or series.

I am planning on adding another chevette to the front of my case to help deal with the added heat of my TEC's I'm adding.

This is my current setup.

sandman
12-06-2003, 12:23 PM
But, then I don't know where to put the pump, because the radiator would go where the pump is now, and I have PCI cards in the way of putting it there.

Also, I'm thinking with TEC's that it would be better to have a heatercore in between the GPU and the CPU in the loop.

So, should I just run it like it is now, except after the cpu go to the rad in the front of the case? But, then once Again, there is no place for the pump.

mdzcpa
12-06-2003, 12:50 PM
One of the major principles of water cooling that most folks miss is that the water temperature at any point in the system is about the same. Water leaving your CPU TEC block will only be slightly warmer than the water entering.

Consider you water loop as a single unit. The key is to make sure your loop cooling (rad) can dispose of the heat entering the loop (blocks). That's it.

The next principal to remember is that the higher the water temps, the more efficient the rad works. Bottom line, a second rad in a series (or elsewhere in the loop) will not cool the water as much as the first rad. In addtion, often the loss of flow rate from the second rad can hurt more than help.

The best approach is to run one rad....the best rad you can get.