PDA

View Full Version : Forcing Patches to Install

Bad213Boy
11-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Recently I just got the game Borderlands. For some odd reason, the patch to update the game to v1.01 was bugged, go figure. Anyhow, I was looking online to see if there was a fix. I came upon a post that told me to extract the patch using an unzipping program. Then he said goto your Command Prompt (RUN: CMD) and type this inside the directory you just extracted:

msiexec /i Setup.msi /qb

Boom it started installing on my desktop. The main setup file was named Setup.exe. There was also a Setup.msi file, which I'm assuming is why Setup.msi is in the command.

Anyhow, I need help with another game. I have East India Company and the expansion Privateer. There is a Director's Cut add-on patch for the game and it wont install. The patch is different than a regular patch is. This one has the setup file and another one that what looks ISO file, at least thats the icon it looks like. It keeps saying that the game doesn't exist. The weird thing is that I've patched the game with its regular patches without a problem.

So is there a way to force a patch to unpack? And if so, what exactly should I do? If I screw up, its no big deal, I can always reinstall.