PDA

View Full Version : Catalyst 9.11 Install Manager Causes Reboot

LennyRhys
11-25-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm running 9.10 again because I can't install 9.11 - ATI seem to be trying out a new installer which just plain sucks, causing my system to reboot randomly in the middle/at the start of the installation process. I thought that maybe my system was unstable but even at stock the reboot palaver ensues. If I go to control panel and attempt to continue the installation, the system reboots in exactly the same place.

As I said, I have no problems with the previous verison of the installer, but I really want to try out the newer display drivers to see if performance will be any better.

Anybody experiecne something similar?

SoulsCollective
11-25-2009, 01:36 AM
The installation process for 9.11 Beta, 9.11 full release and 9.12 Beta is FUBAR. There seems to be some kind of issue with the version of Visual C++ 2005 that CCC installs (CCC relies on C++ to run), meaning that on a fairly high percentage of machines, installing any of the above packages often either fails outright, causes crashes/BSODs, or fails to install CCC while successfully installing the rest of the driver package (ie. the display driver, AVIVO, HDMI audio drivers etc), with this last being most common. Aside from the obvious, this results in an error popup whenever Windows is started complaining about "MOM implementation".

I managed to work around it by running the 9.12 installer and selecting only the drivers, not CCC or Visual C++, and thus not installing CCC, and then using a 9.10 installer to install CCC.
From the 9.11 driver thread (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=4117795#post4117795).