PDA

View Full Version : HTPC Build done, for now!

ginnz
11-21-2009, 06:52 AM
Hey guys.... i finished my HTPC build!

i used alot of parts for it from my main PC, which i upgraded last month....these are the parts i carried over:

-ASUS P5B-Plus
-E6600
-2 GB OCZ Special Ops DDR2
-600W Cooler Master extreme power duo PSU

I bought for the build:

-Simplifi HTPC case (W 7" LCD built in)
-ATI 4650 HD video card
-Xigmatek AIO-S80DP cpu cooler
-1 WD 500 Black ed. SATA HD (for OS/APPS)
-1 WD 1TB Green ed. SATA HD for video storage
-Logitech diNovo Edge Bluetooth Wireless Li-Ion Keyboard

Now one thing i wanna point out is the CPU cooler JUST FIT withou a mm to spare! and the AIO water cooler works AWESOME in this build!!! it absolutely kicks the crap outta the stock HSF, im running temps of 40c on the cpu, overclocked to 3.2 ghz in the HTPC!!!! im getting better temps then the reviews i read up on it !?!

the build was alot of fun, and im finding that the hardware side was alot easier to tackle then the software end on an HTPC!! im still settling into that end of the build! The case i got, is just awesome, its exactly the same as the Ahanix MCE 701, just rebranded to SImplifi..... the 7" touchscreen works 100% with Win7 as well. its a neat addition to an HTPC!

here is a pic of it in the L.R cabinet.... Enjoy!

crackhead2k
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
you receiver doesn't have much room to "breathe"... might wanna give it a bit of room otherwise the system looks nice.

PaganII
12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
you receiver doesn't have much room to "breathe"... might wanna give it a bit of room otherwise the system looks nice.

I agree. Receiver would be better on top and outside of cabinet.
Are you using any HDTV tuners? BlueRay? How is the touch screen? Cool case.

[XC] leviathan18
12-01-2009, 07:26 PM
if the receiver doesnt get much air just run some cable from the psu down the back of the cabinet and strap some 12cm fans to extract the heat from the cabinet