PDA

View Full Version : Help me complete my dream water cooling setup, no price limit :o

blackvette94
11-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi guys! I am building a water cooling pc, below is all the specs and parts, any recommendations for better stuff would be great! As you will see I don't know what to get for some of this stuff. Price is no object, but my case (Silverstone TJ03) has limited room, thanks!
Also for pump recommendations, I want one that is quiet and very good,thanks!
User Name:

System:
CPU: i7 920
Motherboard: EVGA X58 CLASSIFIED 3 WAY SLI
CPU Overclock Speed: WANT TO RUN CPU AT 4 GHZ
Video Card & Quantity: 1 EVGA GTX 295
Videocard Overclock: WANT TO RUN GPU AT 720 MHZ

Watercooling:
CPU Block: EK SUPREME FULL COPPER EDITION
NorthBridge Block: EK-FB KIT-EVGA-CLASSIFIED-AC/NK
SouthBridgeBlock: EK-FB KIT-EVGA-CLASSIFIED-AC/NK
Mosfet Block: EK-FB KIT-EVGA-CLASSIFIED-AC/NK
Videocard WB/WBs: KOOLANCE VID-NX295
Radiator & Quantity: FESER XCHANGER 240MM AND ALSO ONE 120MM
Radiator Fans & Quantity:TWO 80MM NOISEBLOCKERS FOR THE REAR OR CASE, ONE FESER 120MMX55MM LOW SPEED FAN FOR TOP CASE WITH FESER 120MM RAD, FRONT TO HAVE 120MM NOISEBLOCKER PWM FAN, AND BOTTOM OF THE CASE TO HAVE FESER 240MM RAD WITH 2 FESER 120MMX55M FANS LOW SPEED(CASE TO HAVE HOLES ON BOTTOM CUTOUT FOR SUCKING AIR INTO RAD)
Radiator Location:SEE ABOVE
Radiator Fan Direction: TOP FAN SUCKS AIR INTO 120MM RAD, BOTTOM FANS SUCK AIR INTO RAD, FRONT FAN SUCKS AIR INTO CASE, 2 80MM FANS ON REAR SUCK HOT AIR OUT
Reservoir: NOT SURE, ANY RECOMMENDATIONS!?
Tubing & Size: I WANTED TO USE FESER 3/18 TUBING IF POSSIBLE, 3/18 IS CRUCIAL B/C I HAVE LIMITED ROOM IN CASE AND NEED FLEXIBILTY, NOT SURE IF THEY EXIST
Barb/Fitting Size: BITPOWER FITTINGS, NOT SURE WHAT I NEED THOUGH?
Pump & Quantity: NOT SURE, NEED RECOMMENDATIONS
Pumps-Series/Parallel: NOT SURE?

millertime359
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
First off, if price is no limit, get a bigger case. Silverstone TJ07, Corsair Obsidian, Coolmaster Cosmos S, and Mountian Mods are all good choices.

A single Feser 240mm will not be enough. You will want to get 1 120.3 rad for the CPU and one of the 120.2 rads for the GPU.

Dual loop is best option. I would recommend getting this res (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/dubayreforla.html) and 2 Swiftech MCP355s.

I would also recommend getting a Swiftech XT. It is a top performing water block and it has one of the best mounting systems on the market.

GPU block is fine, but might want to look into a EK GTX295 block so it matches your MB. :shrug: GPU blocks perform all about the same though, so it is purely on looks and cost.

Primochill Pro LRT tubing is my choice. I also like the 7/16" ID 5/8" OD tube. Tube size doesn't effect performance greatly though.

Pick your tubing size, then match your fittings to your tubing size. :up:

Distilled water and .999 % silver is your best option for coolant.

Also, check in on the stickies. It seems this is your first time, great info there.

blackvette94
11-18-2009, 03:35 PM
First off, if price is no limit, get a bigger case. Silverstone TJ07, Corsair Obsidian, Coolmaster Cosmos S, and Mountian Mods are all good choices.

A single Feser 240mm will not be enough. You will want to get 1 120.3 rad for the CPU and one of the 120.2 rads for the GPU.

Dual loop is best option. I would recommend getting this res (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/dubayreforla.html) and 2 Swiftech MCP355s.

I would also recommend getting a Swiftech XT. It is a top performing water block and it has one of the best mounting systems on the market.

GPU block is fine, but might want to look into a EK GTX295 block so it matches your MB. :shrug: GPU blocks perform all about the same though, so it is purely on looks and cost.

Primochill Pro LRT tubing is my choice. I also like the 7/16" ID 5/8" OD tube. Tube size doesn't effect performance greatly though.

Pick your tubing size, then match your fittings to your tubing size. :up:

Distilled water and .999 % silver is your best option for coolant.

Also, check in on the stickies. It seems this is your first time, great info there.

Yes this is my first time.. second of all I had my Silverstone custom painted and it cost ALOT and I love the look so I wont change cases. I dont think I can fit a 120.3 in the case, I can do 120.2 on the bottom and a 120.1 on the top. You don't think that will be adequate? Even at stock speeds? I would think it would be fine :/

dan7777
11-18-2009, 03:38 PM
id change the gpu to a 5970 then you will have the fastest gpu on the planet. :)

blackvette94
11-18-2009, 03:39 PM
id change the gpu to a 5970 then you will have the fastest gpu on the planet. :)

:) any insight on the stuff above?

shazza
11-18-2009, 03:49 PM
If you've only got room for a 240 and a 120 rad, I'd say you may be limited to running your CPU at stock (although I'd guess you can get some decent OC if you can keep the voltages low enough). You may also want to consider going with thinner rads, like the Swiftech series if space is tight. Or, something like the Black Ice GTX with higher RPM fans if you can take a bit of noise and you have the room.

If you haven't already purchased the GTX295, it's worth considering the 5870, since it has lower power requirements than the 295.

While you can probably get by with a 3 x 120 radiator setup for the CPU and GPU, you're pushing it with the motherboard blocks. Not saying you can't do it, but it's going to be tight.

For fans, not sure I'd go with the Feser fans - they seem expensive for what you get (but I've never used them). The Scythe Gentle Typhoons or S-Flex fans are good. Lots of people also like Zalman fans.

Kanzy
11-18-2009, 03:59 PM
:) any insight on the stuff above?

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/ati_radeon_hd_5970_undisputed_performance_champ

there you go, if their is no price limit, get two of this, lol :D

millertime359
11-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Well, you did have overclock requirements there and you did say money was no object. :shrug:

If you don't want to meet those overclock requirements and only run at stock settings, then you will be fine.

+1 on Shazza and the fans.

You can make the case work, but it will require some cutting and and having a rad hanging off the back. If you spent alot of money on the case, maybe set it aside for a smaller build and get a bigger case for this build so you don't have to cut up the case. :)

blackvette94
11-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Well, you did have overclock requirements there and you did say money was no object. :shrug:

If you don't want to meet those overclock requirements and only run at stock settings, then you will be fine.

+1 on Shazza and the fans.

You can make the case work, but it will require some cutting and and having a rad hanging off the back. If you spent alot of money on the case, maybe set it aside for a smaller build and get a bigger case for this build so you don't have to cut up the case. :)

Yea I def wanted to overclock the GPU and CPU, if I dont overclock them, you think I will be ok water cooling everything with the 120.1 and 120.2 ? I guess I see alot of guys coolin their system with one 120.3 so I figure this is close enough.

When you guys say its going to be tight with the rads Im looking at, are you saying if I want to overclock? My main goal is to build a water cooling unit with mild OC and quiet operation. Is what I have outlined able to achieve this goal? I def dont want a rad hanging out of the case, so everything has to be internal.

This is the case Falcon Northwest uses, I know they use Asetek LCLC for the cpu, I just figured what I was doing would be better. :/ Now Im sad :( I dont know what to do, I love this case and I want to make a watercooling system that is all internal...

Utnorris
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Like Shazza said already, if you only plan on overclocking at stock voltage then you should be fine. However, if that is the case then why go with the Classified? Save the money and go to something like the Blood Rage or EVGA SLI x58. You can probably overclock your 920 to 3.6Ghz on stock voltages. If you can do a push/pull on the rads that would help also, not sure if it will fit. It looks like the top will accommodate a push/pull, but I doubt the bottom will. The other choice is to go external on the rad so you can do a triple. After looking at the case, I do not see how even a dual rad would go in the bottom. In truth, I would back off the Classified and get a different case or do an external mount.

shazza
11-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Give it a shot.

First, put your 120.2 rad in and hook up just your CPU. See how it does. Then, go ahead and add the other single rad and add your GPU - assuming you are happy with what you see with the first setup.

Skip the motherboard blocks initially - you can add them later if everything is okay, and it's better to get some experience with water cooling before doing the GPU or mobo.

DarthBeavis
11-18-2009, 06:55 PM
www.charitycasemod.com

Bid on this ;) I used Bitspower fittings by teh way

millertime359
11-18-2009, 07:09 PM
www.charitycasemod.com

:ROTF::ROTF:

You probably won't be able to get to your goals with that.

If your not going to OC, then drop the MB blocks like Shazza said. There is no use for them if your running stock voltage and it will allow a little more room to play.

Your best bet would be to do a different build with that case you have. Do a dual core AMD build with a 4850 video card. Those will run just fine on your setup, or run them on air. You can then use that rig for Crunching and Folding. ;)

To do the build the way you want to do it, with the goals you have in mind, your best off getting a bigger case for this rig. As you said, you want a dream water cooling system where price is no limit. :)

Kanzy
11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
www.charitycasemod.com

I'd so bid on it if you post this like a month later, lol. Just to learn from the best.

blackvette94
11-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Give it a shot.

First, put your 120.2 rad in and hook up just your CPU. See how it does. Then, go ahead and add the other single rad and add your GPU - assuming you are happy with what you see with the first setup.

Skip the motherboard blocks initially - you can add them later if everything is okay, and it's better to get some experience with water cooling before doing the GPU or mobo.

Ok, how about this, one 120.2 rad on bottom, one 120.1 rad on top and one 120.1 rad installed in the 5.25 bay, that would be a total of 4 rads 120. At that is this possible? haha Im reaching here I know...

Antioch
11-18-2009, 07:40 PM
The thing is, you may be able to fit all those rads, but then you've got to consider the pumps, reservoir, and tubing, a CD-ROM drive, HDDs -- and don't forget all the wiring. You will soon run out of space and feel quite cramped.

Moreover, using the thinner radiators requires the use of faster fans (louder fans) to get adequate cooling. I have a C2D e6700 and an nVidia 8800GTX running in 1 loop with a thin 120.3 radiator all at stock voltages with no overclock. The air coming out of the radiator is warm. Change my parts to yours, and you've got a hotter CPU and a hotter GPU. Over clock them and you're looking at an unstable system, especially when running an intense game. To compensate you'll have to turn your fans WAY WAY up which does not meet your goal of a silent build.

I have built 3 WC rigs since 2001, and the one thing I've learned is that if you want to go all internal and cover every part with water you really need a case that is big enough. Especially if you're going for a silent build because you can get great performance from the thick radiators with slow (quiet) fans.

I agree with everyone else, if money is no object and you want the best, you can't limit yourself to a small case. Why not turn it into a HTPC or something?

Edit: When I say small case, I meant to say "poorly arranged for watercooling" case. The TJ03 is a fine case if you are willing to hack it up and go for a more basic watercooling loop.

shazza
11-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Actually, millertime had a good idea. I'm guessing you are set on i7, but a better fit for your case would be i5 or better yet, go high end AMD. One 240 rad will cool a 955 (and probably 965) and a 5850 - probably even a 5870.

RADCOM
11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
In the Uk we'd go for something like this Dream PC (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/pcs/2009/10/23/scan-jellyfish/1)

Antioch
11-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Shazza, he can totally do it, but I am concerned with tube routing for all of those rads (4) and blocks (CPU, GPU, Mobo) - there will likely be many bends cutting down on the flow, making OCing worse. Things will get quite messy and, IMO, take away from the "killer paint job."

It's all just a matter of being creative, though! That's half the fun of WCing :)

millertime359
11-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Shazza, he can totally do it, but I am concerned with tube routing for all of those rads (4) and blocks (CPU, GPU, Mobo) - there will likely be many bends cutting down on the flow, making OCing worse. Things will get quite messy and, IMO, take away from the "killer paint job."

It's all just a matter of being creative, though! That's half the fun of WCing :)

Not saying it can't be done, but no sense in hacking apart his case to do it, seeing it still won't be ideal for his goals. :shrug:

shazza
11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I agree it's worth a shot, just wouldn't want to see him be disappointed in his first water cooling effort. Also concerned about airflow within the case.

A rad in the bay drive won't help a lot unless it's got some air going through it.

woffen
11-19-2009, 02:20 AM
As said before, if money really is no object then definitely get another case. Even if you would manage to fit all those rads you wanted, I don't think you'd be happy with the outcome specially as you're looking for a "dream water cooling setup".

Maybe build something else of the TJ03, a cool little htpc, server or whatever. Maybe your children/kid brother/wife/gf or whatever would like a little puter for normal use.

affiliate13
11-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Are external rads totally out for the question?
Not overclocking much and buying a classified wont do much for you in the long run either.
Maybe save the money on it, sell the custom case and get one that fits the needs of your build better.
Lots of nice stuff in there to play with, but it would be a shame to try to shoe horn it all in and possibly end up disappointed.

blackvette94
11-19-2009, 07:31 AM
I agree it's worth a shot, just wouldn't want to see him be disappointed in his first water cooling effort. Also concerned about airflow within the case.

A rad in the bay drive won't help a lot unless it's got some air going through it.

Yea, you think I will be disappointed with any potential overclocking? If I ran at stock voltages for eveything, wont the 120.2 and 120.1 be enough to cool them? I would think that would be better then air cooling :/

Look here, this guy used the TJ03 for water cooling, he just did the opposite as to what I was going to do, he put a 120.2 rad on underside of top case and cut holes into it. What kind of temps do you think I would have with outlined setup above at stock and overclocked settings? Better then air??

millertime359
11-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Yea, you think I will be disappointed with any potential overclocking? If I ran at stock voltages for eveything, wont the 120.2 and 120.1 be enough to cool them? I would think that would be better then air cooling :/

Look here, this guy used the TJ03 for water cooling, he just did the opposite as to what I was going to do, he put a 120.2 rad on underside of top case and cut holes into it. What kind of temps do you think I would have with outlined setup above at stock and overclocked settings? Better then air??

Going back to your OP, you said you wanted to get it to 4 GHZ. That requires more than stock voltage to do that. Also, each chip is a little different, so you might require more than stock voltage to get to 3.6 and stay stable.

Temps are hard to predict as there are many variables to account for.

If you would be satisfied with not reaching your OC'ing goals as listed in the OP, then you should be fine. If you wish to reach those goals, then set that case aside for a different build, and look into a larger case where you have the room to do your "dream system". :)

edit: also as stated before, if your not going to do more than a mild overclock and you don't plan to run anything more than a single GTX295, I would look into a cheaper MB than the Classy. The Classy is a high-end board that was setup for high overclocks and multiple video cards. There are plenty of other boards that work just as well with minor overclocks, but are half the cost.

blackvette94
11-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Going back to your OP, you said you wanted to get it to 4 GHZ. That requires more than stock voltage to do that. Also, each chip is a little different, so you might require more than stock voltage to get to 3.6 and stay stable.

Temps are hard to predict as there are many variables to account for.

If you would be satisfied with not reaching your OC'ing goals as listed in the OP, then you should be fine. If you wish to reach those goals, then set that case aside for a different build, and look into a larger case where you have the room to do your "dream system". :)

edit: also as stated before, if your not going to do more than a mild overclock and you don't plan to run anything more than a single GTX295, I would look into a cheaper MB than the Classy. The Classy is a high-end board that was setup for high overclocks and multiple video cards. There are plenty of other boards that work just as well with minor overclocks, but are half the cost.

Ok cool, I think I will back down my over zealous OC aspirations for now, maybe I should get the 965 and then its less to OC to 4ghz...

I want to thank you for your help!

I think the bottom 120.2 and top 120.1 should be ok for no overclocking , its got to be better then air, right??

Kanzy
11-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Ok cool, I think I will back down my over zealous OC aspirations for now, maybe I should get the 965 and then its less to OC to 4ghz...

I think the bottom 120.2 and top 120.1 should be ok for no overclocking , its got to be better then air, right??

I don't think you will get a huge difference from a good air cooling system

millertime359
11-19-2009, 09:06 AM

I guess I'm a bit lost on why you are stuck on that case. You will think about spending $1000 on a CPU, but a $200 case is too much? I know you said you invested alot into the case, so why not do a different build in that case. You could do an inexpensive AMD or Core I5 build in that case and use it as crunching/folding machine, have it as a backup, a server, or let a family member use it.

This will then allow you to be able to have the ability to achieve your goals with this build. I just hate to see you invest everything into this build and be disappointed in it.

shazza
11-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Hey guys ... no sense trying to talk blackvette out of using his case (would love to see a photo of it!). If he's got the $$ to buy a high end i7 processor and mobo, then it's not up to us to dissuade him. It sounds like a fun and challenging project. Hope to see a work log on this one.

blackvette94
11-19-2009, 09:18 AM
I guess I'm a bit lost on why you are stuck on that case. You will think about spending $1000 on a CPU, but a $200 case is too much? I know you said you invested alot into the case, so why not do a different build in that case. You could do an inexpensive AMD or Core I5 build in that case and use it as crunching/folding machine, have it as a backup, a server, or let a family member use it.

This will then allow you to be able to have the ability to achieve your goals with this build. I just hate to see you invest everything into this build and be disappointed in it.

The Silverstone case with the paint job was over $1200.00

I love it, its something really special and I want to use it, I'm not sure what you mean be being disappointed with the water cooled build? If I do what I outlined in post 1, and I get temps around where air cooled give me with an OC, that would be perfect to me. I realize this setup wont idle at 35C or load at 58C. My guess is with that setup outlined I would probably idle at 48-50c and load around 70C. If that is what I am looking at then Im wicked happy at those outcomes.

I assume with those numbers most would be very disappointed in them, but I find this a worthy challenge to water cool the TJ03, I have seen WAY smaller cases water cooled...

blackvette94
11-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Hey guys ... no sense trying to talk blackvette out of using his case (would love to see a photo of it!). If he's got the $$ to buy a high end i7 processor and mobo, then it's not up to us to dissuade him. It sounds like a fun and challenging project. Hope to see a work log on this one.

Thanks man! I will def be putting a work log on this, because its definately going to be different!

To describe the case, I had it flow coated which is that they sand down and prep the entire case, then primer it and sand it, then paint it with Ferrari PPG code 591 ( Avio Metallic, only available on 2009 430 Scuderia) then they clear coat it. Then they wet sand it, then paint it again, wets sand then clear coat and wet sand it again lol. So there will be no orange peel on the paint job and it will look like glass. This was done by the best Automotive paint shop in New England. Everything is painted in dustless booth and baked. They are also painted my Logitech performance mx mouse, logitech illuminated keyboard and xbox 360 usb controller! Of course all parts were taken apart so only certain parts were painted.

I then before getting case painted had two holes drilled on the top front door, for the Ferrari Cavalinno Rampante( the Silver horse emblem that is on the rear of the Ferrari) I bought a brand new one that goes on the back of the Ferrari Enzo from a Ferrari dealership. It has two pegs on the back with huts, so I put through the two holes drilled and presto, one sick looking and unique case!

I will post pics up of this case once I put it all back together and start a work log, but this is why I dont want to give the case away or abandon it. Got to find a way to liquid cool it, thats why I need your guys help!! :)

millertime359
11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
And you want to cut holes in that. :shocked:

We need photos of this case. I can now understand why you are stuck on this case. I wish you would have explained it earlier. I would have understood your reasons for wanting to keep it then. :p:

Looking forward to the build log on this. From what your describing, i couldn't bring myself to cut into in though. I guess that is why I come here. :ROTF:

blackvette94
11-19-2009, 09:41 AM
And you want to cut holes in that. :shocked:

We need photos of this case. I can now understand why you are stuck on this case. I wish you would have explained it earlier. I would have understood your reasons for wanting to keep it then. :p:

Looking forward to the build log on this. From what your describing, i couldn't bring myself to cut into in though. I guess that is why I come here. :ROTF:

Haha! Yea I guess I should have explained it earlier :P I am cool cutting into the bottom, adding two blow holes and the 8 holes for the screws for the fans. The bottom I wasnt going to get painted but I fgured why not lol, it cant be seen anyway but I want it to look on point all over.

So now... the challenge to water cool this bad boy... what I am going to do is put the case back together, start a work log on here and get suggestions for placement. I REALLY do think this can be done, its just going to take some imagination to make it work lol!!

millertime359
11-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Haha! Yea I guess I should have explained it earlier :P I am cool cutting into the bottom, adding two blow holes and the 8 holes for the screws for the fans. The bottom I wasnt going to get painted but I fgured why not lol, it cant be seen anyway but I want it to look on point all over.

So now... the challenge to water cool this bad boy... what I am going to do is put the case back together, start a work log on here and get suggestions for placement. I REALLY do think this can be done, its just going to take some imagination to make it work lol!!

Well, seeing you understand it isn't ideal, and you are comfortable not being able to overclock it to its full potential, and not having the lowest temps, then you should be fine. Posts like that come through where people expect to get more than what is reasonable and we just don't want those people to get frustrated when it doesn't meet their expectations.

It will be a fun project though, Good luck. :up:

blackvette94
11-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Well, seeing you understand it isn't ideal, and you are comfortable not being able to overclock it to its full potential, and not having the lowest temps, then you should be fine. Posts like that come through where people expect to get more than what is reasonable and we just don't want those people to get frustrated when it doesn't meet their expectations.

It will be a fun project though, Good luck. :up:

Thanks bud!

Lagaaja
11-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Agh, -94 :(

Get the new ATI cards and forget the mobo watercooling. New ATI's run much cooler and are same in regards of performance. 240 + 120 is enough for i7, 920 overclocks ridiculously easy.

Hafe fun with the project, but remember to be patient too. It's the key to success :up:

blackvette94
11-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Agh, -94 :(

Get the new ATI cards and forget the mobo watercooling. New ATI's run much cooler and are same in regards of performance. 240 + 120 is enough for i7, 920 overclocks ridiculously easy.

Hafe fun with the project, but remember to be patient too. It's the key to success :up:

:) I have always done ATI, but this time I went with the EVGA gtx 295 :0
I heard the EVGA Classy runs hot so I figured it couldnt hurt to water cool it too :) This will be an uphill battle and I know there is NO way this will break any records temp wise. If I can keep it under 75C under load I will be happy. We shall see!

NaeKuh
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
dump water.

Dump the 920

Add funds and wait for i9.

Thread..

millertime359
11-19-2009, 11:26 AM
The GTX295 and 5870 are about equal in performance and you can find them for about the same price. I got mine brand new for $400.

Also considering that 5870s still seem to be OOS on Newegg, I don't think a GTX295 is a bad choice at all.

Kanzy
11-19-2009, 11:33 AM
We need to see a pictures of your case, at least I really want to, cause for $1200, I would so get a murdermod tj07 which I am going to, but I really wanna see how yours look like. pictures plz.

blackvette94
11-19-2009, 11:51 AM
We need to see a pictures of your case, at least I really want to, cause for $1200, I would so get a murdermod tj07 which I am going to, but I really wanna see how yours look like. pictures plz.

Wow lots of Michigan people here! I grew up in Gross Isle, near Detroit :)

Anyway, I will def be starting a work log and with tons of pics as soon as I put this all back together. I have seen the Murdermod stuff, I plan to use the sleeving MDPC sells, going to do every freaking wire in the case with their black sleeving.. I think this case job may surprise people, its REALLY impressive quality wise :)

Hopefully when I start the worklog I can get some great insight from you guys, thanks!

millertime359
11-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Nice, I know where Gross Isle is. I think Kanzy is a MSU student. ;)

Get some of their red sleeving too. It would go well with the Classy. :up:

blackvette94
11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Nice, I know where Gross Isle is. I think Kanzy is a MSU student. ;)

Get some of their red sleeving too. It would go well with the Classy. :up:

I cant tell you how lucky you are to have Vernors... I moved to CT back when I was 9, I miss that soda :( soo awsome with ice cream haha

Will def mix some red sleeving with my case.. interested to see what people will think of it when I put pics up!

blackvette94
11-24-2009, 01:35 PM
I was thinking on just using one pump if its possible, but if I use two I'm not sure if should just do two loops or not :/

So if I use one pump, and cool the Mobo, the gpu and cpu, the order of things would be :
RES to PUMP to 240mm rad to GPU to MOBO to CPU to 120mm rad then back to RES

Does that sound right ??? haha, if I use two pumps how would that fit in the equation? The 120mm rad will be on top of the case and the 240mm rad will be on the bottom.
I could probably get one of those RES that is cylinder in shape and attache inside above pump to help with flow.

What do you guys think about the flow I outlined above? Should I do two pumps and if so where do I put the second pump in the flow outlined??

So ... lets keep the info flowing, I need all I can get haha, will def be starting a worklog in here real soon!

millertime359
11-24-2009, 02:34 PM
I would only use one. You would be better off with 2 seeing the EK supreme is a restrictive block and the Mobo block is restrictive, but considering you are pushing the limits of the rads, the extra heatdump from the added pump will probably not help things too much.

The cylinder res will not help with flow rates either. Loop order doesn't matter so much. Just run it so that the tubing is as short as possible and it looks clean. The only real rule in loop order is res before pump. :)

blackvette94
11-24-2009, 05:41 PM
I would only use one. You would be better off with 2 seeing the EK supreme is a restrictive block and the Mobo block is restrictive, but considering you are pushing the limits of the rads, the extra heatdump from the added pump will probably not help things too much.

The cylinder res will not help with flow rates either. Loop order doesn't matter so much. Just run it so that the tubing is as short as possible and it looks clean. The only real rule in loop order is res before pump. :)

Is there any RES you recommend? I was hoping to get a REALLY nice looking once, cylinder if possible I suppose. Would you recommend the Swiftech GTZ over the Supreme? Would I want a less restrictive cpu block? I guess any ideas to make this setup better I'm all yours!

Maybe layout out parts you would get for my setup if price was not issue, keeping in mind I need on 120 rad and one 240 rad, so fill this out:

CPU Block:
NorthBridge Block: EK-FB KIT-EVGA-CLASSIFIED-AC/NK
SouthBridgeBlock: EK-FB KIT-EVGA-CLASSIFIED-AC/NK
Mosfet Block: EK-FB KIT-EVGA-CLASSIFIED-AC/NK
Videocard WB/WBs:
Radiator & Quantity:
Radiator Fans & Quantity:
Radiator Location:
Radiator Fan Direction:
Reservoir:
Tubing & Size:
Barb/Fitting Size: BITPOWER FITTINGS
Pump & Quantity :

millertime359
11-24-2009, 05:48 PM
A res doesn't help flow rates, but it does help with bleeding and not allowing the pump to run dry. You can't go wrong with EK's res' if you want a tube style. in your case, I would get a HK 3.0 LC (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_498_495&products_id=25216). It might go better with your theme too seeing it all black. It's pretty free flowing and still has respectable performance.

blackvette94
11-24-2009, 06:11 PM
A res doesn't help flow rates, but it does help with bleeding and not allowing the pump to run dry. You can't go wrong with EK's res' if you want a tube style. in your case, I would get a HK 3.0 LC (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_498_495&products_id=25216). It might go better with your theme too seeing it all black. It's pretty free flowing and still has respectable performance.

What is considered the best CPU blokc out there right now?

millertime359
11-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Swiftech XT and HK 3.0 LT or CU. The LC is slightly worse than the LT or CU as far as temps go. Check the stickies. There are a ton of reviews on there of CPU blocks. Vapor also has one that includes the XT.

I prefer the XT as the mounting system is better than the HK's.

Antioch
11-24-2009, 08:54 PM
And I would get the Swiftech XT :)

CedricFP
11-25-2009, 04:09 AM
If you go for the XT, vapour showed it to be extremely low-flow resilient so you could use 1 pump. Either way, the difference at 1.5 and 2 gpm was like 0.6 degrees anyway.