PDA

View Full Version : Shot in the Dark (eVGA 7900GT BIOS)

Shpoon
11-17-2009, 01:34 PM
So I have this aging PC that I installed windows 7 on, and now unfortunately the screen messes up (horizontal lines/black) temporarily whenever I login, come back from standby, start a movie, etc.

Searching around, it's a 7900GT problem, and can be fixed with a simple +5mhz clock on the gpu/memory.

However, using a program to do this (I'm using rivatuner right now) requires it to load at startup, which causes UAC issues, and before it loads, it's still messed up, etc.

I'd like to directly change the clock by altering the BIOS, but nibitor can't pull the BIOS in a non-XP environment, and evga says that they don't have it because it's long discontinued...

So just hoping someone might be able to help?

Splave
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
could try modding one of these ? careful though not sure if some use different mem
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?page=1&architecture=&manufacturer=&model=7900+GT&interface=&memSize=0

Shpoon
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
could try modding one of these ? careful though not sure if some use different mem
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?page=1&architecture=&manufacturer=&model=7900+GT&interface=&memSize=0

Hmm...well mine is a evga 7900gt 256mb, so any on that list should work, no? I *should* be able to get one and just set it at +5 on everything from default?

That being said, I might also be open to suggestions on good budget cards that would pair nicely with a P5WDH Deluxe just in case this doesn't go well :rofl:

I've been out of the computer technology loop for quite some time.

Shpoon
11-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Link worked in it's own way, thanks!

gpu-z (which I didn't know about) was able to extract the BIOS from my card. Used nibitor to up the clocks +5, made a bootable USB stick, flashed, and everything is golden on my end right now.

I have all these small useless installed programs now however that are dirtying my clean windows 7 install :mad:

Gonna have to get rid of those.