PDA

View Full Version : Does Amd work well with nVidia cards ? Or Intel Is Better

beno
11-17-2009, 06:34 AM
i was about to buy a new cpu and iam confusing between Intel Core2Quad and Amd Phenom II X4 , it will work on Gigabyte 260 GTX S.O.C

and i heard that Intel with nVidia , Amd With Ati for better Performance and best one , so is that right ?!

thanks 4 help in Advance !! :)

zalbard
11-17-2009, 08:36 AM
The silly thing is that Intel + ATI works better than AMD + ATI...
But since it's Nvidia... I don't think it's a big deal, I'd get Phenom II x2 myself, and unlocked it to x4. AM3 platform may offer you better bang / buck, and also more upgrade options in the future.

beno
11-17-2009, 09:45 AM
The silly thing is that Intel + ATI works better than AMD + ATI...
But since it's Nvidia... I don't think it's a big deal, I'd get Phenom II x2 myself, and unlocked it to x4. AM3 platform may offer you better bang / buck, and also more upgrade options in the future.

i didnt understand you well .

So you say that Intel + Nvidia = Amd + Nvidia ?!

and i should buy an amd processor in that case .

zalbard
11-17-2009, 09:52 AM
i didnt understand you well .

So you say that Intel + Nvidia = Amd + Nvidia ?!
Well, you see...
It depends on the CPU you are going to pick.
Core 2 Quad is faster than Athlon x4, but Phenom II x4 is going to be faster than Core 2 Quad in general.
Faster CPU means faster system in general. Phenom II x2 is cheaper than Core 2 CPUs, and can be unlocked to Phenom II x4.
And AM3 platform gives you an upgrade path to future processors, while socket 775 is slowly dying and will not see any more models.

SoulsCollective
11-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Not this old chestnut again.

There is no difference in performance of a graphics card based on the vendor of the CPU. A faster CPU will mean a faster system, but your graphics card, nVidia or ATi, will not run faster or slower just because your CPU was made by Intel or AMD.

That being said, there are slight performance differences based on what chipset your motherboard is built around - for example, a 790FX board will be faster than an nVidia nForce 6, and a P45 board will perform better than a P965 - and obviously you need to get different motherboards depending on whether you're building an AMD or Intel system.

beno
11-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Well, you see...
It depends on the CPU you are going to pick.
Core 2 Quad is faster than Athlon x4, but Phenom II x4 is going to be faster than Core 2 Quad in general.
Faster CPU means faster system in general. Phenom II x2 is cheaper than Core 2 CPUs, and can be unlocked to Phenom II x4.
And AM3 platform gives you an upgrade path to future processors, while socket 775 is slowly dying and will not see any more models.

Not this old chestnut again.

There is no difference in performance of a graphics card based on the vendor of the CPU. A faster CPU will mean a faster system, but your graphics card, nVidia or ATi, will not run faster or slower just because your CPU was made by Intel or AMD.

That being said, there are slight performance differences based on what chipset your motherboard is built around - for example, a 790FX board will be faster than an nVidia nForce 6, and a P45 board will perform better than a P965 - and obviously you need to get different motherboards depending on whether you're building an AMD or Intel system.

Really .. Really you are good people and iam very grateful for your kind reply.

you have cleared alot of things for me :)

So if i was about to buy Intel Core2Quad Q9550 Or Phenom II X4 965 , the right choice will be Phenom II X4 965 for sure , am i right ? ;)

and what is the best MotherBoard for it ?!

i know iam talking too much but excuse me ( its a habit in me :D ) .

SoulsCollective
11-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Out of those two options my choice would be the AMD system. Phenom II is a faster platform than a Q9550 system would be, taking into account not only raw calculation performance but also system latency and the benefit of the Hypertransport link over Intel's FSB architecture.

As for what motherboard, it would help if you could give us some idea of a budget and whereabouts you live so we know what's available to purchase - while I apologise if I'm wrong, from your posts it seems like English is not your native language. Links to a favourite e-tailer would be helpful here.

zalbard
11-17-2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221303 for AMD.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205132 for Core 2.
The are the best. But not so cheap probably.

beno
11-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Out of those two options my choice would be the AMD system. Phenom II is a faster platform than a Q9550 system would be, taking into account not only raw calculation performance but also system latency and the benefit of the Hypertransport link over Intel's FSB architecture.

As for what motherboard, it would help if you could give us some idea of a budget and whereabouts you live so we know what's available to purchase - while I apologise if I'm wrong, from your posts it seems like English is not your native language. Links to a favourite e-tailer would be helpful here.

hahahah i really like your talk .

Lol ,And yeah you are right .
iam from Egypt , i have at least 164$ for motherboard only .

and about your last request its newegg .

beno
11-17-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221303 for AMD.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205132 for Core 2.
The are the best. But not so cheap probably.

thanks 4 answer.And for Prices,i will take care of that problem .

beno
11-17-2009, 11:21 PM
i searched this board msi 790 fx-gd70 on newegg , and its seem that it support DDR3 Ram only .

So i need a board for DDR2 Ram , should i go For Gigabyte ?!

zalbard
11-18-2009, 05:05 AM
If you want AMD, I suggest sticking to AM3 socket, hence DDR3 RAM.
If you really want to keep your DDR2 RAM, just get Core 2.
I'd suggest getting AMD, though!

beno
11-18-2009, 08:13 AM
If you want AMD, I suggest sticking to AM3 socket, hence DDR3 RAM.
If you really want to keep your DDR2 RAM, just get Core 2.
I'd suggest getting AMD, though!

hummmm .

it might be a problem , but anyway thanks for your big help , dude ! :cool: