PDA

View Full Version : Water cooling conversion issue, any help appreciated

Archangelboy
11-16-2009, 08:25 AM
This is my first post here at Xtreme Systems, and I'm glad I made it. First off, I couldn't find anything on this using the search function... ASUS (mobo manufacturer) also has not heard of this issue. Tech support was wondering if i'm on crack or not...

I am running an ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution Mobo with an i7 and 6gb of QVL RAM. System works like a charm, until this. Board is running 0407 (second of 3 updates) BIOS.

I am attempting to run quad SLI with dual PCB 295s. In pursuit of that, I converted the EVGA 295 (first of the two 295s) over to a water block solution. The other is a BFG Thermointelligence 295 with their factory installed water block.

The EVGA card had previously been working like a charm in the same slot into which I replaced it, but after putting the water block in, I encountered a zero graphics output situation.:shocked: The G.P, diagnosis card (silly little 20-pin plugin diagnostic card) says it posts fine and goes to OS, but zero video output at any point. So I tried the BFG card. Same result, nothing, but the diagnosis card says the system is running fine. From POST to OS, zero output.:down:

I then put an air cooled 295, an 8800, a gts 250, in all of the affected slots, all of them worked fine. Put the watercooled cards back, fail.

Anybody have any experience, insight or suggestions for me? (I've already considered just shooting myself in the head, that option is out...)

Thanks in advance!!

Mabyboi
11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Did you maybe over tighten the blocks? acidentally break something? take the blocks off, try with the stock coolers, if it works.. put them back on one by one..