PDA

View Full Version : Do You People Actualy Want The Ps3 To Be Hacked

desozapeaterr
11-15-2009, 01:23 AM
I use to frequent the scene alot back in the xbox years. sorta loss interest after a good while. but now i am wondering about the ps3

I would love the ps3 to be hacked, but not for games but to enable a better media system then it is already.

that being said has there been any way to get .mkv playing on it yet (preferable h264) and since h264 mp4 don't play nor the same in an avi container, the same question goes for them also.

thanks,

Khoral
11-15-2009, 05:09 AM
You can do it with PS3 Media Server.
It's a streaming server installed on a PC which is on the same network (or sub-network) as your PS3. It will appear under the "Video" tab on the PS3, and will permit you to browse all the files in your PC from your PS3, and play them on it.

Blkout
11-15-2009, 05:20 AM
I use to frequent the scene alot back in the xbox years. sorta loss interest after a good while. but now i am wondering about the ps3

I would love the ps3 to be hacked, but not for games but to enable a better media system then it is already.

that being said has there been any way to get .mkv playing on it yet (preferable h264) and since h264 mp4 don't play nor the same in an avi container, the same question goes for them also.

thanks,

All you need is mkv2vob. It's free and it works flawlessly. I use it all the time.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mkv2vob

Xello
11-15-2009, 08:58 AM
You can do it with PS3 Media Server.
It's a streaming server installed on a PC which is on the same network (or sub-network) as your PS3. It will appear under the "Video" tab on the PS3, and will permit you to browse all the files in your PC from your PS3, and play them on it.

+1 Java media server.

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

Streams everything i throw at it without a hiccup and fantastic quality.

zanzabar
11-15-2009, 01:08 PM
i would like some emulators on it, and while it would be nice to have a HDD loader and custom firmware like the psp its likely that it would kill the console

AndrewZorn
11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
why would it kill the console? the psp has the BEST games of any system lately... and even more to come

zanzabar
11-16-2009, 01:58 PM
the psp has major problems with publishers dropping the psp but now with the non custom firmware models and the go it seams to be better, but i cant imagine not using an iso loader (just for battery life and not having those damned umds on me) or PMP streamer with the psp. i would love to have the ps3 upscale to 1080i/p over the dterminal since the tv my ps3 is hooked to dosnt know how to tell the diffrence from native leterbox or panscan and u have to manualy change it but with 1080 it auto wide screens.

i dont see piracy being a huge deal as the games are normally multi layer blue ray and u can only burn single layer and with most games that have been decrypted and posted being in the 40-60GB range piracy dosnt seam feasible with the current internet connections or media

grasskicker509
11-17-2009, 09:49 PM
honestly i dont want to see it hacked...last thing i need is for sony to ban me like those x360 fellas...the ps3 has plenty of functionality, everytime i look at it i wonder how those engineers fit so much into so little, and manage to build it with quality.

zanzabar
11-18-2009, 03:35 AM
honestly i dont want to see it hacked...last thing i need is for sony to ban me like those x360 fellas...the ps3 has plenty of functionality, everytime i look at it i wonder how those engineers fit so much into so little, and manage to build it with quality.

sony dosnt ban psp users i dont see them banning ps3 users. its illegal to ban people the way MS dose as it goes against the DMCA and sony knows how the dmca works and exactly how far they can go without risking a class action suit or legal ruling

i could go for u user mode hack or a way to make it think that all disks are burnt, i dont get sonys thinking on up scaling, if u copy a disk the copy will upscale but an official disk will not upscale on the d-term