PDA

View Full Version : HD5850 Slow graphic at windows 7 logging

boldenc
11-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Hello, I just got my new HD5850 but at the windows 7 logging, the graphic is lagging at the screen after the welcome screen, there is fading but it is happening slow, same for shutdown, but games are fine and just this slow happen at logging or shutdown. I didn't have this issue with GTX275/HD4890.

Blkout
11-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a residual driver issue. Try cleaning your Nvidia and ATI drivers completely from your hard drive and re-install the ATI drivers. I would also clean your Temp files and Prefetch files. Give it a few days for the prefetch files to re-populate and see if it's still happening.

boldenc
11-14-2009, 04:04 PM
I installed the 9.11 driver, and it is much better now, but not as smooth I had with my old GTX. I think it is driver issue, most of XS use the classic theme so they won't notice it.

Blkout
11-14-2009, 04:49 PM
I installed the 9.11 driver, and it is much better now, but not as smooth I had with my old GTX. I think it is driver issue, most of XS use the classic theme so they won't notice it.

What do you mean by classic theme? Windows classic theme? If so, I don't use it, I use Windows Aero on Win 7 and I have no issues with start-up or shut-down.

boldenc
11-14-2009, 04:53 PM
well, it makes little tearing after the Win 7 Welcome Screen, it will take some seconds on this screen, then this screen will fade and show your desktop, in this fade a little tearing will happen, maybe you won't notice it, but with driver 9.11 is much better than 9.10