PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

yiannit
11-13-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm running two Sapphire 5870's in crossfire, recently I've had some problems with low Vantage scores and with fps drops in games. Also when running furmark with crossfire enabled I get black screen. On Wednesday when I powered on my PC there was a constant beep but I was able to log into Windows opened up device manager and my 2nd card wasn't being recognized, after re-seating the card everything seemed fine. I ended up swapping the 2 cards to see if it was maybe the PCIE slot so far no beepage. But now when running vantage or playing Aion I'm using MSI Afterburner to monitor the GPU usage, and temps. The first GPU is being used about 10-20% more most of the time as compared to them both being used equally like before. Forgot to mention that with default settings my temperatures are pretty high main GPU at 90 and 2nd at 80-82

Things I've tried:

tried switching power cables
tried different crossfire bridge
tried each card in each PCIE slot and ran Vantage(low 16k scores which isnt really normal) and furmark(to see if i'd get black screen) with no problems

I'm not sure where to go from here.

LordEC911
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
What PSU are you using and how old is it?

yiannit
11-13-2009, 02:38 PM
thermaltake toughpower 1200w this is all brand new pretty much not even a month old

notice in aion how gpu 1 is being used 100% and gpu 2 78% in the bottom right
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/yiannit/gpu_usage.jpg