PDA

View Full Version : 5870 dead?

yiannit
11-11-2009, 07:57 AM
so i just booted my pc up and it constantly beeped i'm running two saphire 5870s im able to boot into windows while its beeping so i checked device manager and its not recognizing 1 of my cards most likely the 2nd one. i had this problem before before couple weeks ago and i re seated the card and it worked. i havent tried re seating yet, but even if it does work i dont wanna have to re seat my card every couple weeks. im hoping its not the pci-e slot. if i had to rma the card will they be able to see that i have flashed the bios?

btw the first time this happened it was pre flash. and the card was fine after until now

Jamesrt2004
11-11-2009, 08:13 AM
well ill you flash back to stock bios they won't know...

imo its probably beeping cos' not enough power.. if not that then pcie-slot (had same problem with 8800gtx's a couple years back) they both worked on their own but dodgy slot meant it didnt sit properly n' messed about :(

yiannit
11-11-2009, 08:20 AM
well im using 1200w thermaltake toughpower psu, unless the cables are messed up. if the card is dead how will i flash it back? past few days i was scoring low on vantage it was 17kish which is what 1 card does. anyway to test the pci-e

well i reseated the card and its working again i dont know what to do from here

purecain
11-11-2009, 08:57 AM
it could be the psu... you have the same psu as me... just googled to see if anyone else had any issues with the thermaltake1200 toughpower... and unfortunatly there were quite a few...
think i might swap it out for my old seasonic m12... :(

Piotrsama
11-11-2009, 09:25 AM
well i reseated the card and its working again i dont know what to do from here

Invert everything from one card to the other.
PCI-E slot, power cables...

If you keep having problems, try to clean the slot's contacts (maybe your mobo is dirty).

yiannit
11-11-2009, 10:14 AM
i tried swapping power cables before re seating it and it was still beeping. the motherboard is brand new well month old, ill try swapping the video cards