PDA

View Full Version : Overdrive - PWM Problem

PioneerFX
11-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi, Long time reader of XS first time poster :)
just curious if anyone else has had experience of this problem as well, my current setup is;

Crosshair III Formula
Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.8
True 120 + Apache push, second apache on pull on top of case above the CPU

Ok so my problem is, overdrive seems to be detecting that single apache 120mm as 2 separate fans in overdrive, i have checked bios settings for PWM fans and cant figure it out.
Also, i never had this problem until a few days ago..

I'm pretty anxious to fix this soon, as i'm going to daisy chain fans for a radiator to the CHA_PWM header. and DCC pump to CPU_PWM header for monitoring
I'm confused....halp

demonkevy666
11-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Hi, Long time reader of XS first time poster :)
just curious if anyone else has had experience of this problem as well, my current setup is;

Crosshair III Formula
Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.8
True 120 + Apache push, second apache on pull on top of case above the CPU

Ok so my problem is, overdrive seems to be detecting that single apache 120mm as 2 separate fans in overdrive, i have checked bios settings for PWM fans and cant figure it out.
Also, i never had this problem until a few days ago..

I'm pretty anxious to fix this soon, as i'm going to daisy chain fans for a radiator to the CHA_PWM header. and DCC pump to CPU_PWM header for monitoring
I'm confused....halp

that is the channel for the power supply it is always on as full blast unless Qfan is enable ( if it has Q-fan)
try a different 3 pin plug off the board.
silent is the slowest setting performance is fastest and balanced is in the middle of those.