PDA

View Full Version : K8s-la athlon 3300+ need help

Gnarkill9800
10-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Ive read a lot about these boards and they are quite common. The main issue I have is Hp owns the k8s-la but is manufactured by Asus. If only Asus made a bios without hp's nazi multiplier. Maybe the revolution will come soon enough that we can burn these institutions to the ground; but until then I have quite an issue.

Gta 4 plays but terribly. fallout 3 indoors 50 fps outdoor 35.

I can turn down the graphics and get better game play but this card can handle it. Its the pc that cannot. wtf you expect with 800mhz on the bus?
blah it aint 2005 anymore.

the k8s-la has Sis chip sets, not the greatest. hopefully someone out there has some programming skills. I lack any skill at all to edit a bios.

I need a fsb control!!!! voltages, or just whatever works. They should be there. the board can support all of this, it is only limited and locked by that damn 3.15 bios.

software is unstable, around 900mhz. i have an asus board most of them are rock solid. the sis chip idk yet. if i have the control i can see how far i can push past a 1000mhz

I did talked to one person who knows a thing or two about pcs. what discussed was how hp set the cpu multiplier. For a while i searched for a way to change that multiplier from 11 to 12 etc. But hex language is jibberish to me.

If there isnt a way to change the fsb in the bios on boot??? is it possible to make multiple bios with different multipliers??? he thought there must be someone out there that could change and upload 5 or 6 different bios with different multipliers even if that is possible that will do.

hopefully, someone on this forum is a genius.

Gnarkill9800
10-31-2009, 06:55 PM
i guess no one out there can help me. well that sucks. i was hoping to sell that little piece of crap. no one will want it like that and i wasted 100$ on agp card.