PDA

View Full Version : Dual loop or Single with dual radiators?

Santzia
10-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Hello.

I have been trying to search for an answer to my question but keep coming up zip..
Anyway I am currently in the middle of my first water cooling build in about 10 years. I sold everything and just bought a laptop. It has been fine but I started to get an itch in my fingers when reading other peoples build logs.
So I bought a Thermaltake Mozart TX and started to build.
I have just sent the case to be powder coated.
Now to my question. I am going to have 2 radiators in there.
one Phobya Xtreme QUAD 480 Radiator in the back and a Black Ice Extreme II in the front. (behind all the 5.25" slots as I will be using an externa dvd-rw on my desk anyway)
Should I put these on different loops or not?

Was thinking of running cpu and MB on the Phobya Xtreme QUAD 480 Radiator
and my graphics cards on the black ice xtreme. My graphics cards are 1 asus top 4890, Might buy another one and do crossfire.
and my cpu is q9550 @ 4ghz.

The Pump I have bought is an Swiftech MCP655.

What do you all think?

/ Santzia.

Ps. please forgive any and all typos as english is not my first language.

Sadasius
10-29-2009, 05:03 AM
One loop will be fine. Just make sure all your blocks you choose has good flow and your golden. I have everything in 1 loop myself and it is chugging along just fine.

mjtir
10-29-2009, 05:53 AM
Interesting choice of Quad rad...

Keep on posting please :cool:

Santzia
10-29-2009, 06:01 AM
once I start getting a bit more "done" with the system I will Post a build log.
doesn`t feel like much of an idea to do it now before I even have gotten all the parts.
I will try it all in one loop to begin with. might add a second loop later if needed.

IIm thinking o going with EK blocks both for cpu and gfx. and a swiftech for the NB on my asus formulla II.

/ Santzia