PDA

View Full Version : Congrats INFRNL on the pass...

123bob
10-28-2009, 11:42 PM
It took a bit, but you got me, at least for now.....Congrats to you. :up:

I've been suffering form the blue screen problem now with the genius nVidia drivers we have to run for GPUGrid now. I have to admit, a good part of me is tempted to roll back to 182.50 and run all folding...

It has been a REAL PITA for me to have to deal with the KVM incompatibility thing too. I'm about done having to manually plug the monitor into each rig, then shoving it back to the KVM in order to get boot accomplished....:mad:

So, Ill certainly stay around long enough to put T2CH behind us, but after that, I don't know about nVidia. They need to get it together......

Bob

DAK1640
10-29-2009, 04:08 PM
123bob, perhaps I can help...I got kvm's, various cards & lots of experience.:up:

GTSRboy
10-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Congrats INFRNL!

Dont bring all that hardware over to F@H now im enjoying my #9 PPD spot

INFRNL
10-29-2009, 06:33 PM
It took a bit, but you got me, at least for now.....Congrats to you. :up:

I've been suffering form the blue screen problem now with the genius nVidia drivers we have to run for GPUGrid now. I have to admit, a good part of me is tempted to roll back to 182.50 and run all folding...

It has been a REAL PITA for me to have to deal with the KVM incompatibility thing too. I'm about done having to manually plug the monitor into each rig, then shoving it back to the KVM in order to get boot accomplished....:mad:

So, Ill certainly stay around long enough to put T2CH behind us, but after that, I don't know about nVidia. They need to get it together......

Bob

Thanks. I kind of know what you mean. I have been having various issues ever since I started updating the software.

Since I have been back from vaca I have for some reason started having daily freezes on 2 machines and the past day I have been getting a weird blue screen on my p55 system. I do not know whats going on and I am darn sure its not heat related, since its been below 30 here all week. I keep the window open in this room too.

I have basically been having problems with my P55 rig since I fried my first mobo. Hopefully I can get it figured out. I think as well that it is driver related.

I do not know anything about KVM's, but I wish you the best and I appreciate you letting me pass, but I also know you are gaining on me over on the F@H side. I know you have enough harware to eat me alive. I want to maintain progress over you here, but want to keep up at F@H too. I am slowly going downhill there and am losing my position.

Congrats INFRNL!

Dont bring all that hardware over to F@H now im enjoying my #9 PPD spot

Thanks, have you missed me. I am coming to regain my position and possibly move up a notch. Well I guess 2 notches now since I have lost 1, possibly 2.

If I come back you will still be in the top 10 :ROTF: ;)

123bob
10-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Dak, the issue I'm having is that the cards must get some sort of signaling from the monitor that tells it what resolution to use. This appears to be different with the 185.xx, and up, series drivers.

When I have the VGA/PS2 KVM in between, the card doesn't get what it wants to see so it shows up blank on the monitor, in the windows boot, after the post screens come up. I suspect it is coming up at max resolution based on playing and watching it a bit. I think if I could fix the size the thing comes up in, I could have a work-around. I tried an EDID key override I found on the net, but it didn't work. It was probably written for some older driver.

If I boot with the monitor directly connected to the rig, it comes up fine. I've been working around this issue by having to direct connect to each machine for boot, then hook the KVM back up while the rig is hot. It's a major PITA when you have 14 farm rigs!

The last version that worked for me was 182.50. That comes up fine through the KVM but it doesn't support the CUDA we need now.

Certainly, any ideas, hacks, or suggestions would be very welcome. I run all Vista Ultimate with 260-216 cards. I have stopped adding cards due to this issue. :(

Regards,
Bob