PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Underground

cowpuppy
12-03-2003, 07:18 AM
I've been playing and addicted to this game ever since I picked it up. If your a Rally Sport fan this is a must own game. Graphics are good (@ 150mph) as a racing game gets. Traffic really throws a loop in that Rally Sport doesn’t have. The Cars are totally customizable to your liking. There is online racing that works good but I'm on a 56k so I'm sure it is a lot better with those w/high speed.

Holst
12-03-2003, 10:00 AM
I got the demo and ordered the full game after playing it.

Looks very nice, definatley one of those games to play when people say "why do you need that giant PC?"

Im normally into more simulation type racing (GP4) but underground is great fun and supprisingly I like the soundtrack as well (not normally my taiste)

I havent tried online yet, but ill give it a go once ive got a bit better.

cowpuppy
12-03-2003, 01:48 PM
I don't know how I could forget metioning the sound tracks :p: There's got to be at least 24 of them and if you got a good set of speakers you will defenatly be cranking them.

It's defenatly a challange, not like the 1st person shooters that you finish in a weekend.

My only real complant was that after I got home with the game there were 2 cd 1's and I had to return the game. I made sure when I walked out of the store that both cd's were in the case.

Oc2theSkY
12-04-2003, 09:37 AM
How does it compare to nfs5? I love that game. Does it use the same physics and what not?

cowpuppy
12-04-2003, 12:39 PM
This is the 1st Need for Speed I've bought, but I would have to say it's the best racing game I've ever played. The camera during jumps and crashes is 1st class

I found my settings for my graphics card set at performance setting still from benchmarking once I set them at quality and AA@4x and AF@8x the graphics are absolutely beautiful. You will need a really strong pc as I am now starting to bog down a little.

There's not too many screen resolutions to choice from maybe 5 or 6 and not my usual 1152x864 which fits my monitor without any stretching.

And the game is tuff I've been stuck on a track for 2 days now getting really ticked off that I can't advance to the next track, even on easy.

TheDude
12-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Sounds like the game for me. I have played most of them and this one sounds like the best yet. I have the rig for it...Chaintech64 and XT9800. :D

Nookie420
12-04-2003, 03:13 PM
i hate imports, i really do. But this game is fun :-)

great graphics, runs good.

Techmasta
12-04-2003, 03:37 PM
It's a good game but pretty challenging.

cowpuppy
12-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Here is a pic of the car I'm driving. I'll try and get a in game shot, if I can take my hands off the wheel long enouf to get a snap shot.

TheDude
12-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Just installed Underground on my everyday rig....great game, the best NFS yet! Can't wait to try it on my best rig. :D

cowpuppy
12-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by TheDude
Just installed Underground on my everyday rig....great game, the best NFS yet! Can't wait to try it on my best rig. :D

Let me know If this bogs your fps down on the A64-9800xt rig. I never had a game yet that boged my pc down like this. It's like the video when AMD was promoting thier A64 and the dude ends up dieing because of the fps went to *hit

Tedinde
12-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Need for Speed Underground

Made me dig out the Racing wheel and pedals out the closet. Just picked it up at Costo last night, went up there just for the game, i remember seeing .

Not too much into imports, but the game rocks.

TheDude
12-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Let me know If this bogs your fps down on the A64-9800xt rig.

Will do, that rig is torn down right now, but will be up in a few days. NFS is running in my NF7-S with a 2500 barton and an ATI 7000 video card at the moment....not the best setup for it, but it runs.;)

Holst
12-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Its running good for me.

Im at 2.5gig (aircooled) and the 9800 pro is at 490/365.

This is (as allways) all settings turned up to max balanced D3d quality.

Here is a pic of my mazda MX5, im getting pretty close to finishing the game now but im stuck on circuit race 103.
Ive finished most of the races on hard difficulty but this one is tough on easy, I just cant do 7 laps without crashing.

cowpuppy
12-07-2003, 06:34 PM
I just finished the game. Last few races I had to do on easy as it really became tuff.

Holst: Give the Nisson Skyline a try I think it's the fastest car

What was everyones highest drift? I remember seeing mid 18,000's a couple of times.

Holst
12-08-2003, 03:33 PM
I managed it with the golf in the end.

The trick is to stay with the leader but dont pull ahead then use your nitro to bash him off on the last lap.. not exactly the conventional method of pure speed but it worked.

I think ive had much higher in drift than 18000, try the MX5 its the best drift car.

Dont try and use the MX5 for drag though, ive blown the engine several times by drafting opponents and using nitro into the redline :P

sky
12-11-2003, 02:55 PM
well 18k in drift.. peanuts... later with the all maxxed out cars +25k shouldn't be much of a problem. i've had better overall drift runs than this, but that score is the highest individual drift i got today - that's in quickrace mode btw.. in case anybody wonders about a 10 lap drifter :D

http://www.abi02.de/deepblue2k2/pixx/drift_65ak.jpg

hm and besides that i've finished the game 2 times now. first time with the peugeot 206 - tho i had to trade it for the acura rsx for certain drag races. starting with the one where you hit the highway the first time with that mucho traffic. later on i changed it for the rx-7. and that is definitely my favorite drifter!... see above :) 45k is easily done on the right track :)

second time around i did it all with the mx-5. never ever changed for another car during that 112 races and again all races on hard (yeah baby, bring 'em on :D ) - but hard isn't real hard in most races.

btw - i really hate race #95. took me the longest - both times around.
oh another btw. never ever get the widebody kits since you can't change those back - at least not on your winning car. my mx-5 now looks like §§§§ (got to chose between real ugly and not so ugly widebody.. doh next time around i select "cancel"... pfff)

Soulburner
12-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Nookie420
i hate imports, i really do. But this game is fun :-)

great graphics, runs good.
Yeah me too, thats the only thing I dislike about it...

But it is a fun game.

I've done 25k drifts before, the Skyline is definitely my car for that. All maxed including unique tires and that car handles very nicely.

My main thing is going online and racing my S2000. I pull 20s all the time and my best is 19.93...but I doubt I will ever do that again.

I race with the Skyline, and drag with the S2000.

wimpie007
12-14-2003, 03:15 AM
I ordered the game too, should be under the tree ;)
I liked the demo, looking really forward to it...