PDA

View Full Version : I have to say the 9.10 drivers worked a miracle for me!!!

GenTarkin
10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Ever since I bought my 4850, I had issues with hitching in games, (not RAM or HDD related) that should not have been there. It was really apparent in farcry 2 and also really noticeable in various parts of the 3dm Vantage massive ship benchmark. It happened specifically in the same areas in that test, was not really random. There was no HDD thrashing when I watched it during the test, it just happened. I went all the way from like the 9.1 drivers on up to the 9.7 and thats the last one I installed, just cuz I gave up on the problem as it only happened with certain games / benchmarks that seemed to utilize a certain specific part of the GPU...while in other games like TF2 and all HL2 based games I had NO problem with this. So, finally for the heck of it since 9.7 I decided to upgrade to the 9.10's and in doing this....EVERYTHING IS SMOOTH!!! all hitching is gone!

I run Vista x32 w/ 3GB of RAM and a 4ghz i7 920. I couldnt believe it was doing that on this hardware, but now Im so happy to find it was indeed a software / driver issue, that seems to have been randomly fixed! Go ATi! and I wanna suggest that to those, if any that had these same issues....give the 9.10's a whirl!

-comments welcome =)

mR Yellow
10-29-2009, 05:29 AM
Ja, they are good drivers. :D

ownage
10-29-2009, 05:30 AM
How about Anno 1404, anyone?

mR Yellow
10-29-2009, 05:32 AM
How about Anno 1404, anyone?

Beta 9.11 worked perfect. Apparently there is a patch that sorts out the problem.