PDA

View Full Version : OC 2XX series

Snow Crash
10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
I have been out of this for a while and have so many questions to help my GTX 295 (old school 2 card version) get the best PPD possible on an i7.

1. What is best 64 bit boinc client for GPU?
2. What is best driver version?
3. Are core/ shader/ memory are separate while trying to OC or are they somehow related? I was kinda hoping that because it really is only shaders that matter (that is still true for GPUGrid isn't it?) that if I turn down core and mem maybe I could get shaders just a bit higher?
Currently I am undervolting and under clocking to keep temps at bay but am slowly moving them back up. Previously I was up to 632/1554/1054 and with fans at 70% my temps were low 70s.
4. Would redoing TIM with something better (OCZ Freeze/ ICD 7) help?
5. Would buying the backplate help?
6. I downloaded EVGA voltage tuner and am hoping with a bit of luck (praying I have a good chip) when I bump v I can get a bit more shaders ... what has been other people's experience?
7. WHat's up with SLI ... never worked properly for GPUGrid but reading stuff that makes me think it may be in the works?
8. I expect this is more of how I would like BOINC to act ... wouldn;t it be nice if I could dedicate 6 WCG cores at high priority to WCG, leave 1 WCG core at low priority (in case I want to use the PC) and then have the last core high priority for GPUGrid ???

Chumbucket843
10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
3. Are core/ shader/ memory are separate while trying to OC or are they somehow related? I was kinda hoping that because it really is only shaders that matter (that is still true for GPUGrid isn't it?) that if I turn down core and mem maybe I could get shaders just a bit higher?
Currently I am undervolting and under clocking to keep temps at bay but am slowly moving them back up. Previously I was up to 632/1554/1054 and with fans at 70% my temps were low 70s.
get your memory and shader clocks as high as possible. they can be adjusted individually with rivatuner or evga precision. gpugrid doesnt get that hot. maybe you should reapply TIM.

8. I expect this is more of how I would like BOINC to act ... wouldn;t it be nice if I could dedicate 6 WCG cores at high priority to WCG, leave 1 WCG core at low priority (in case I want to use the PC) and then have the last core high priority for GPUGrid ???
gpugrid only uses 1-4% of your cpu. it shouldnt hurt your WCG that bad. unless 2 gpu's has a lot more overhead. if you want to do that you can just adjust boinc to use 6 cores. i dont know if there is another method to do that.