PDA

View Full Version : Crossfire Flashing Question

vab206
10-24-2009, 04:45 PM
ive got a HIS 4870 running as my master card and a Sapphire 4870 running as my slave card, the HIS card has already been flashed to the ASUS top bios and i was wondering how i would go about flashing the slave card without making it the only card in the system (got a biostar tpower i45 so reconfiguring means i have to switch a bunch of jumpers) if anyone knows of a guide to this and would care to point me in the direction of it it would be much appreciated. thx

overclocking101
10-24-2009, 05:12 PM
atiwinflash gives you the option to chose which card, but make sure you are not overclocked, I have done it 4 times now successfully. but I only flash the slave card using that because i've had bad results flashing the master card using winflash

Utnorris
10-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I have used winflash before when I flashed my HD4850's and I did it with both installed on several occassions, but as stated already, do not do it while overclocked unless you are 100% positive of the stability of the system. If you decide to reflash the main card along with the second card, do the first card and then the second card, then reboot, don't reboot before falshing both cards.

overclocking101
10-26-2009, 08:22 AM
can you post the asus top bios file for me? i cant find it anywhere