PDA

View Full Version : Case modding for the noob. What materials do I need?

afireinside
12-02-2003, 03:46 PM
I have no case now. I have a complete rig with a Ti200 and an 1800+ with an SLK-800 for now untill I get a new pump. Since Chsirtmas is near and I want a PC I can move without taking apart I decided I want to get a case and some mod tools.
First the case:I want something that can fit a pro core at the top with the fan as an intake blow hole. I also want the case to look decent and have a good fan setup. The smaller the size the better. I'd like it to be around 60 dollars or less.

Next up the mod tool! A jigsaw is the best correct? Whats a good one and what kind of blades do I get? Links to where I can buy it would be nice as well :)

As for the stuff inside:
What is the brightest cathode I can get? Is 2 enough? I'm leaning towards blue BTW :)
Whats the best red LED fan I could get for my intakes and out takes?
What do I need to sleve a PSU?
Would a UV cathode and some UV IDE cables be a good idea or would it just make it harder to hide everything?

Well thanks in advance for the help :) I'll probley forget to check back here for a while :p:

kommando
12-03-2003, 03:04 AM
1) 2 Gives it a better look
2) I dno Vantec maybe
3) U need cable sleeving and some heatsrhink get about 5m of 6/11 and get maybe 3m of the other stuff
4) Cable Sleeving is uv reactive so if u want a uv setup fo for it

Oc2theSkY
12-04-2003, 09:41 AM
Don't put normal cathodes with uv cathodes however. The normal will completely drown out the uv.

Vitalizer
12-04-2003, 10:05 AM
do u gonna mod and get a case for max 60$? that aint much... cathode,fans and chipping is almost 60:) the most miditowers can fit the pro core in the roof.

afireinside
12-19-2003, 10:15 PM
Well I dont want to get a 100+ dollar case and screw up..... This is my first time. But if I get no regular cathodes and only UV than I have no none UV reactive lighting :( Or so UV cathodes glow a certain color?

faruquehabib
12-19-2003, 10:25 PM
get all uv cathodes and uv-reaction ide and floppy round cables...looks sweet. maybe some uv reacting fans??

levitate
12-19-2003, 10:39 PM
i wuld rather have pure color than UV materials, it really depends on what you like.

I think the UV crap is wayyyy to bright when it is UVafied :p lol I just dont like it at all, get either blue or red or both cathodes :)