PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 - 3D mode always on?

Gak
10-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Hi!

Till recently i've been using Xp, had a brief experience with Vista, but that was it. Recently i've settled down with 7 and still getting acquainted with it.

So i've decided to ramp things up to the clocks i was using on Xp. Processor & ram were no problems. But with the graphic card things are a bit different. I've tried Rivatuner, EVGA Precision, Atitool and they all show the same behaviour. On Xp i could set different clocks for 2D and 3D (using Rivatuner or Atitool) modes but on 7 that is just possible on the core. As soon as i overclock the memory on the 3D mode it also goes up on 2D mode.

Is this a normal behaviour to be expected? Won't it be stressing the memory unnecessarily? Is Aero the culprit?

:confused:

ViRuS2k
10-20-2009, 12:46 PM
dont be worryed.

even though your upping the clocks on the 2d and 3d memory the memory always runs at its 3d voltages no matter what so its perfectly fine and shouldnt cause issues.

Otis11
10-20-2009, 06:50 PM
In GPUGrid, I'm running my 260 24/7 at OCed settings and haven't had a problem, so I wouldn't worry about it to much. (GPUGrid keeps it perminately in 3D settings for me)

rusty
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
it's a driver issue it was fixed in 191.07 driver "Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application. "

nebj00la
10-21-2009, 03:40 AM
Is Aero the culprit?
:confused:

I doubt Aero is causing the issue.

Gak
10-21-2009, 05:22 PM
it's a driver issue it was fixed in 191.07 driver "Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application. "

I'm using 191.07. So i guess it has nothing to do with drivers.

:cool:

Thank's for the answers.

Here is a pic.

http://i34.tinypic.com/24zysg9.jpg

I've decided to settle with it, as Virus2k said. Although i imagine that even the memory working at its default voltage, the increase in frequency should produce some "significant" heat. Or am i wrong?

Jakethesnake011
10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
opera for PC, hmm i have to look into that I like it for Blackberry...