PDA

View Full Version : Welcome coo-coo-clocker!

Otis11
10-19-2009, 06:07 AM
:welcome:

Just noticed that you joined the force! Coming over from F@H or in addition?

Either way, it's great to have you! Thanks for the help!:up:

INFRNL
10-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Wasn't Coo Coo already a member here? Or it just seems that he has already been a member :ROTF:

Welcome to the team :clap: :up:

shadowwind
10-19-2009, 11:52 AM
:welcome:coo coo to the team :up:

PoppaGeek
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
He has a GTX 260 that was giving him problems on F@H. Sounded pretty much like the probs I had with the 192 core card. So he is probably trying it here.

Otis11
10-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Oh, so it sounds like i need to OC my card some more to keep my spot... (and find out how to get the flippin time bonus!)

shadowwind
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
otis if he likes what we are doing on the gpugrid maybe he might put a few more gpu"s to work on the grid im hoping he like the grid so start ocing,:D

PoppaGeek
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh, so it sounds like i need to OC my card some more to keep my spot... (and find out how to get the flippin time bonus!)

Have you tried Resetting the project or detaching and reattaching since the update? I went back to 2 WU per card when they did that update. Try "No New Task" until queue empty, Detach and then Attach. Might be worth a try.:shrug:

DAK1640
10-19-2009, 03:23 PM
:welcome:coo-coo-clocker!

coo-coo-clocker
10-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Awwwwwww shucks
I feel right at home - thanks for the warm welcome you guys.

Naja002
10-19-2009, 04:38 PM

Otis11
10-19-2009, 07:20 PM
otis if he likes what we are doing on the gpugrid maybe he might put a few more gpu"s to work on the grid im hoping he like the grid so start ocing,:D

Something tells me if that happens one GPU won't be enough. :sofa:

How long till christmas? :wasntme:

Have you tried Resetting the project or detaching and reattaching since the update? I went back to 2 WU per card when they did that update. Try "No New Task" until queue empty, Detach and then Attach. Might be worth a try.:shrug:

I'll give it a try once i get a head on it...

coo-coo-clocker
10-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I gotta learn how to read this thing.
I was looking at the "messages" and seeing

Message from server: No work sent
Message from server: (reached limit of 2 GPU tasks in progress)

So I figured "this thing ain't workin" and canceled my project.

:am:

Then I discovered the "tasks" tab...
What a dork! :ROTF:

PoppaGeek
10-20-2009, 04:44 PM
I gotta learn how to read this thing.
I was looking at the "messages" and seeing

Message from server: No work sent
Message from server: (reached limit of 2 GPU tasks in progress)

So I figured "this thing ain't workin" and canceled my project.

:am:

Then I discovered the "tasks" tab...
What a dork! :ROTF:

Even when you have WUs it will connect with server and if you do not need anymore you will get that. They are in my log several times a day. Also sometimes when first setting it up I have gotten that and hit Update and got WUs.

coo-coo-clocker
10-22-2009, 03:35 PM
ok, starting to OC this thing a little - see if I can step it up some. Is there an equivalent to FAHMon for this thing? I'd like to see some benchmarks.

Chumbucket843
10-22-2009, 05:07 PM
make sure your OC is rock solid. from what i have noticed memory clocks help out a lot. boinc should have everything you need. it has its own benchmark but i dont think there is one for gpu's yet. one of the things nice about gpugrid is you dont have to babysit like f@h so you dont need to look at logs or anything.

INFRNL
10-22-2009, 06:45 PM
^^^ I haven't seen any bebefit from mem clocks being raised. Only shaders

Otis11
10-22-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm going to have to agree with INFRNL... Shaders have the biggest impact. IDK about mem and core, haven't looked into it enough, but if it does, it's not nearly as big an impact as shaders!

Good luck!

(let us know your stable clocks!)

coo-coo-clocker
11-07-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm torn.
I've been trying to hold down the fort on our F@H team (not points wise - we have some killer PPD-makers there), but more moral support if you know what I mean.

But I'm getting really sick of baby-sitting the clients. Grid seems to run much more stable, and you guys need some extra horsepower....

Groan - what to do :shrug:

shadowwind
11-07-2009, 12:35 PM
its up to you my friend we really cant tell ya what to do, and you do a good job
supporting f@h its a hard choice to make it took me 3 weeks to make my mind up on what to do,:up:

Otis11
11-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Most definately hold down the fort at F@H... that's the only way I stand a chance of holding you off. :rofl:

But seriously, they're both great projects, just choose which one works for you. Some people can babysit their rigs, others can't. I personally would love to run F@H, but since my cruncher is headless, that made my decision for me. It's all up to you, and the best part is you can't go wrong!