PDA

View Full Version : I need a case for my rig...

TheWeaseL
12-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Ok, so I have my wc rig, and the case I have for it is all chopped up and somewhat of a ghettofied. So I want something I can mod once and make work for my wc setup.

I have a couple ideas, and one of them is to take like the standard chieftec Dragon series cases and then get a pair of quick disconnects, and then either buy another really small case, or build one, and kinda of do something like the Corsair Hydrocool setup, and then I can put the heatcores and pump and res in the extra case and then when I move it around I can use the quick disconnects and disconnect the two without having to drain the system.

My other idea was to put the two heatcores on the top of the case, laying down, and having two blow holes in the top of the case so they would vent the warm air out of the case. But I haven't found a case yet that either has enough depth or width to accomidate 2 heatcores on top without running into problems like having one almost completely over the psu or cd rom drives, which I am trying to avoid.

I have seen some of those double wide cases, but the only couple I have ever found where already pre cut with a ton of fan holes, but if I could find something like that without all the pre cut fan holes, just a spot for a psu, etc. like a standard case, I would for sure get that.

So to sum all that up, I need a case. Can you guys help me out? :) :D:banana:

TheWeaseL
12-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Wow, this got pushed to page 3 in a hurry...

sandman
12-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Well, with the Lian Li-70 series, you can have one right over teh psu with no bad effects.

Check out Blimp0555's case in the case mod gallery in the Computer cases section.

You could do something like that.

TheWeaseL
12-01-2003, 10:27 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=274786#post274786

That appears to be the one right? If that is the Lian Li 70, I'll def. try and get that one? Do you know, does newegg carry it?

Techmasta
12-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by TheWeaseL

That appears to be the one right? If that is the Lian Li 70, I'll def. try and get that one? Do you know, does newegg carry it?
A good way to find out if they carry it is to search newegg.com :rolleyes:

(yes they do carry it, $165 + $15 shipping)

TheWeaseL
12-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Ya, I did find it after I posted...Suppose I could have edited that one huh...165, offda. Better throw that on the list of things I want for x-mas and pray for the best right now...

Techmasta
12-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Good luck.

solo
12-02-2003, 04:49 PM
a huge full-tower chieftec case would do the trick

i picked mine up from directron

Vitalizer
12-06-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by TheWeaseL
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=274786#post274786

That is a lian-li pc65 with a prometia mach2 case under.

kommando
12-07-2003, 05:06 AM
Aopen HQ08 is fine, i got one its huggee!!!

esoteradactyl
12-15-2003, 07:09 PM
one of the best cases is the liteon case that swiftech uses for its systems. it can be found here (http://www.outsideloop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=olcomp&Category_Code=liteon) it has 3 120mm fans. 2 in the back and 1 up front :)

Vitalizer
12-17-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by esoteradactyl
one of the best cases is the liteon case that swiftech uses for its systems. it can be found here (http://www.outsideloop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=olcomp&Category_Code=liteon) it has 3 120mm fans. 2 in the back and 1 up front :)

UGLY!

Marvin
01-01-2004, 06:07 AM
pick a Lite on. great case

DeBastaard
01-01-2004, 09:27 AM
I Wouldnt go with the AOpen HQ08, i have had one myself, and it really sucks when it comes to cabling and air flow within the case.

I'd take either a PC70, or one of the Yeong-Yang cubes (I've got such a cube myself). I Can easily dispose of all my WC gear in that cube, it's huge. Besides, you don't see a cube as often as a let's say Chieftec or LianLi :)