PDA

View Full Version : Forza 3!

Reznik Akime
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I've recently had the chance to sit down and play this game for an extended period of time. The menu and how you enter races is totally different than what Forza 2 had. Took some getting used to, but now I kinda like it. This game is absolutely gorgeous. Anyone who liked 2 will love this game if you can look past the menu changes, which I hope you can! I doubt anyone will be completely dissatisfied with it.

YukonTrooper
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM
How would you compare it to Forza 2? I just started it playing it, but I'm not sure if I should just make the jump to 3.

Reznik Akime
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
How would you compare it to Forza 2? I just started it playing it, but I'm not sure if I should just make the jump to 3.

If you just started playing F2, you may not want to get all that into it since you can't import anything over from F2. At least from what I seen so far. The street date is the 23rd of this month. All in all, I say it's a good game that I like better than F2 and I didn't think it could get much better after that. Coming from a Gran Turismo veteran, I think F3 made me forget all about GT.

My only gripe is how you have to hear this British bloke telling you about the menus as you browse along for the first hour or so and the cars you chose to start out with. They're all a bunch of 5-door eggs and you also don't select a region like you did in F2. Once you sit down with it for about an hour or so, the voices stop and you're free to do whatever you want really. That's where it pulls you in.

Stealth42o
10-14-2009, 11:26 AM
I bought an Xbox just to play F2 Limited edition of F3 has been pre ordered for a while. Looks good.

RoadconeTuning
10-14-2009, 12:05 PM
F3 plays a LOT like Gran Turismo 4 in my opinion... I've got a PS3 and a XBox360, GT5:Prologue is a pita to play compared to the F3 demo... the Audi R8 is a riot to drive.

Reznik Akime
10-14-2009, 12:45 PM
I was kinda thinking that something was different in the way F3 drives, but I wasn't thinking it was like GT. I do believe I can't ever go back to GT for the simple fact that the configuration on the 360's controller just blows the PS3 out of the water. That is unless you're using a wheel, then I have no idea. I prefer controllers.

MTP04
10-15-2009, 06:10 PM
I am the same as Stealth42o. The only game I play these days is Forza. Ever since I tired it at a friends, way back on Xbox 1, I have been hooked. I've bought Xbox and Xbox 360 only because of Forza. Anyway I am really looking forward to version 3.:D

Reznik, can you say more about the "driving feel" of F3? I heard of a new feature in F3 that makes you aware of the back end kicking out, did you notice anything like that?

Dezmen
10-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Forza 3 looks way better than NFS: Shift tbh. NFS died after Most Wanted :(

Blkout
10-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Most Wanted wasn't anything special either, and in my eyes the NFS franchise wasn't anything special since Porsche Unleashed, HOWEVER, NFS Shift is fantastic and a big break away from the old NFS games.

That being said, you're not giving NFS it's proper dues, it looks absolutely stunning. Forza 3 looks good as well, but it's nothing like the difference you're making out. Both are top notch racing games, just different in execution.

Reznik Akime
10-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I am the same as Stealth42o. The only game I play these days is Forza. Ever since I tired it at a friends, way back on Xbox 1, I have been hooked. I've bought Xbox and Xbox 360 only because of Forza. Anyway I am really looking forward to version 3.:D

Reznik, can you say more about the "driving feel" of F3? I heard of a new feature in F3 that makes you aware of the back end kicking out, did you notice anything like that?

The game definitely feels like it drives better. Especially when you're in the :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit view. Things just seem to.. I dunno. It feels like it's driving like it should. It's like you can tell how the car is handling better unlike F2, so I'm assuming that's what you're referring to.

MTP04
10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
The game definitely feels like it drives better. Especially when you're in the :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit view. Things just seem to.. I dunno. It feels like it's driving like it should. It's like you can tell how the car is handling better unlike F2, so I'm assuming that's what you're referring to.

Okay, sounds good then. The feel of F2 was a bit numb compared to F1, so I hope they dialed in more "feel" to it.:D

mindwreck
10-19-2009, 10:18 PM
agreed. people didn't like how hard it was to play on the controller in F1. I hated the reason. F3 feels like some of that feel has returned. overall i think its a worthy successor to F2

Reznik Akime
10-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I'll say that if you go into Forza 3 expecting the same handling in Forza 2, you're going to run off the road a bit before you get re-used to the controls. I would like to think the sticks have more "range" when you're driving. Easier finer control.

Stealth42o
10-20-2009, 11:25 PM

Porsche unleashed was the best one IMO.

>HyperlogiK<
10-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Porsche unleashed was the best one IMO.

QFT!

Dainas
10-27-2009, 01:50 PM
I must say I'm very mixed about this game. I played Forza 2 to death and preordered the limited edition of Forza 3. Now that I have it, it leaves me pretty dissapointed in many areas.

First off its still 720p, so the graphical improvements over Forza 2 are mostly wasted, you cannot see the difference!!! Also the menus are annoying and it forces you to put even more effort into crappy econoboxes just to get a decent car at some point. IF THEY WANT US TO START FROM ROCK BOTTOM THEN WHY NOT LE MONS!!! grrrr, I f**king hate Toyota Yaris and Honda Fits. Also it seems you are now forced to smash your way from the back because you always are dead last at start and the tracks are annoyingly overpacked.

And audio is really really really scratchy for some reason, I know my speakers are perfect (just tested them) but it seriously is bad. I hope its fixed.

Otherwise still forza :) and I guess in time I'll get over the menus atleast. Cars sound better atleast even with the CB radio quality problems.

Dainas
10-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Most Wanted wasn't anything special either, and in my eyes the NFS franchise wasn't anything special since Porsche Unleashed, HOWEVER, NFS Shift is fantastic and a big break away from the old NFS games.

That being said, you're not giving NFS it's proper dues, it looks absolutely stunning. Forza 3 looks good as well, but it's nothing like the difference you're making out. Both are top notch racing games, just different in execution.

Forza 3 wins because it doesnt make you want to pull your hair out like Shift does. Shift has two driving settings, annoying slip-n-slide and annoying slip-n-slide with even more annoying driver assist. Graphically they do trade punches though, but forza wins there too. The cars in Shift are pretty undetailed (I've seen many in the pc version of Test Drive unlimited that look far more convincing) and the tracks are all cartoony next to their real life counterparts. Still this whole 720p on all xbox games is really getting on my nerves.

GTSRboy
10-27-2009, 05:41 PM
To those of you who have bought and played Forza 3 - is it a big upgrade from Forza 2? Worth getting? Forza 2 was a bit underwhelming for me because it seemed like a polished verison of Forza 1, not much new, so i didnt play it a much as i did Forza 1. If there is alot of new stuff then i think ill sell my GTX275 and get a used xbox and pick up forza 3. I abandonded the 360 a year ago for PS3, due to a long line of technical failures (including the 360 eating my forza 2 disk the day i got it), but i think i might get one just for Forza 3 (im a car nut). With the 360 graphics cant really go much farther so i was also getting bored with the visuals, GT5P looks so stunning. And i was also having big doubts about forza being a real 'simulator', forza 2 felt unrelisitc, cars went way faster than they should have and were way to easy to drive, but i hear F3 has driving physics fixed up a bit

Another thing to add - last semester of college i had my 32" HDTV and my roomate has a 42" next to it. PS3 was on the 32" running GT5P, and 360 was on the 42" running Forza 2, we used the same car, (white E90 M3), at the same track, Suzuka circuit, and all driving aids off in both games and Forza 2 was consistantly 3+ seconds faster laptime...so one of these games has the physics messed up. Also, when side by side it was clear how much GT5P was ahead in the graphical dept.

Dainas
10-27-2009, 06:21 PM
being brutally honest, no its not worth it.

I'm a big fan as well, just some things are getting on my nerves; Such as the in race audio problems and that on normal difficulty the ai no longer waits until the harder races to cheat.

Its great fun, as you could be driving a tank and the AI in a yugo could flick you off the race track from the slightest touch, if you slam into anyone your going off the track, while they magically stick on path and are not slowed in the least. Considering you always start at last and have to elbow to the front, this is a major problem with gameplay.

ferrari_freak
10-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I picked up the game earlier today (wasn't planning on getting it day one as I got ODST last month, but I somehow convinced myself into getting it anyway xD). Anyway, I haven't played the game yet as I've got a test tomorrow but even without playing it I don't think it'll be worth getting a 360 for. And this is coming from a person who's played Forza on and off for over 5 years (since Forza 1). I'll get back to you with my final opinion in a couple of days when I've played through it a bit.

Reznik Akime
10-28-2009, 09:16 AM

I'm a big fan as well, just some things are getting on my nerves; Such as the in race audio problems and that on normal difficulty the ai no longer waits until the harder races to cheat.

Its great fun, as you could be driving a tank and the AI in a yugo could flick you off the race track from the slightest touch, if you slam into anyone your going off the track, while they magically stick on path and are not slowed in the least. Considering you always start at last and have to elbow to the front, this is a major problem with gameplay.

I've never had these problems. Only the sound but recently I've not had that problem either. The only thing that does bug me is always starting out in last, but I do like the more combative AIs. I too hated the fact that you had to start out with some crappy hatchback, but you get better cars real quick or cash to get a better one. For under 10k you can get a pretty slick racing machine for starting out.

Blkout
10-29-2009, 02:40 PM

After reading your previous post about NFS Shift and this post about FM3, I've come to the conclusion that you just aren't cut out for racing games. It's apparent that you simply aren't any good at them and yet you blame the games for your lack of skill in these types of games. I don't know why. I like fighting games but I'll plainly admit that I'm just no good at them.

dinos22
10-29-2009, 02:54 PM

you mean after Porsche Unleashed :p: (best car game ever made) :D

will this Forza 3 end up on a PC as well??

[edit] lol looks like there are a lot more ppl that think Porsche U. was THE game heh

Blkout
10-30-2009, 11:32 AM

After spending plenty of time with FM3, I can certainly say it does not look better than NFS Shift, however it's still a great game. The interior models in FM3 are not even in the same league as NFS Shift. FM3 has alot of aliasing problems as well. I would have gladly given up a locked 60fps for 4xaa to run at a locked 30fps. FM3's exterior car models look wonderful though in photo mode and that screensaver like mode when you're sitting idle in the menu.

That being said, I'm enjoying FM3 just like I did NFS Shift. They play differently but I can appreciate both styles as they both do what they do very well.

Blkout
10-30-2009, 11:34 AM
you mean after Porsche Unleashed :p: (best car game ever made) :D

will this Forza 3 end up on a PC as well??

[edit] lol looks like there are a lot more ppl that think Porsche U. was THE game heh

Forza 3 is Xbox 360 exclusive which is a real shame because some of the issues I have with the 360 version, such as aliasing would be solved with a PC version.

I would LOVE to have FM3 on the PC. You hear me Microsoft? ;)

Tim1
10-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I've recently had the chance to sit down and play this game for an extended period of time. The menu and how you enter races is totally different than what Forza 2 had. Took some getting used to, but now I kinda like it. This game is absolutely gorgeous. Anyone who liked 2 will love this game if you can look past the menu changes, which I hope you can! I doubt anyone will be completely dissatisfied with it.

the game is great. much better than forza 2 in my opinion. The whole layout and everything. The menus do need some time to get used to but for me i got over them quick. and for some reason it seems so much easier to make money.

Whats your xbox live thingy? we should have an XS race clan or something

eknny
11-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Three annoying points that put me off the game:

- No more system link/ LAN option. Reason I played so much back in Forza 2 was to build up a great garage to race against friends at a Forza LAN Race Day (Yes that's what we called them :P)

- No offline drifting, could not find any sort of drift mode in the menus, heard it was available only in the online lobby.

- No R35 GTR, the biggest car out of Japan.....is not in the game??!

Tim1
11-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Three annoying points that put me off the game:
- No offline drifting, could not find any sort of drift mode in the menus, heard it was available only in the online lobby.

- No R35 GTR, the biggest car out of Japan.....is not in the game??!

Im hoping in the next update we will get the r35 and the drift races in single player mode. Or probably it will be add on content.

RAW-Raptor22
11-01-2009, 12:17 PM
If you just started playing F2, you may not want to get all that into it since you can't import anything over from F2. At least from what I seen so far. The street date is the 23rd of this month. All in all, I say it's a good game that I like better than F2 and I didn't think it could get much better after that. Coming from a Gran Turismo veteran, I think F3 made me forget all about GT.

My only gripe is how you have to hear this British bloke telling you about the menus as you browse along for the first hour or so and the cars you chose to start out with. They're all a bunch of 5-door eggs and you also don't select a region like you did in F2. Once you sit down with it for about an hour or so, the voices stop and you're free to do whatever you want really. That's where it pulls you in.

I agree. I own all of the Gran Turismo games (1-4) and Forza II was incredible. I will have to pick this one up. Too many good games coming out.... :p:

GTSRboy
11-01-2009, 01:15 PM
I was debating whether to get this game or not - but to hear it doesnt have a Nissan GTR? Thats pretty bad. Not so sure about it now...no LAN?? seriously?

Reznik Akime
11-01-2009, 03:59 PM
the game is great. much better than forza 2 in my opinion. The whole layout and everything. The menus do need some time to get used to but for me i got over them quick. and for some reason it seems so much easier to make money.

Whats your xbox live thingy? we should have an XS race clan or something

Akime R E

I don't get online that often anymore and if I do I'm playing Borderlands or something else with my friends back home.

ferrari_freak
11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
The Nissan GT-R's HUD was designed by Polyphony (GT guys), so of course there wasn't that high of a chance of it making it into Forza 3. However, from what I've read, they're still trying to get in in as DLC.

Blkout
11-02-2009, 03:29 AM
The Nissan GT-R's HUD was designed by Polyphony (GT guys), so of course there wasn't that high of a chance of it making it into Forza 3. However, from what I've read, they're still trying to get in in as DLC.

Correct. A lot of people don't know that Polyphony Digital had some design insight on the Nissan GT-R's in-dash information center so it's really no surprise that PD was going to try to keep this car exclusive to the Gran Turismo series. I think it's a safe bet that after GT5 is released, we'll see the GT-R shortly after in FM3.

GTSRboy
11-02-2009, 12:09 PM
oooh ok, i knew there must be a reason. Its cool that there is a Veyron and a Viper ACR in Forza 3

Reznik Akime
11-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I don't care for the Veyron. I do like the cars Lotus has. I especially like how I can put the Evora's engine into the Exige Cup. After fully upgrading that engine, it's like having a gokart with 700+ hp. It's a damned blast to drive.

GTSRboy
11-02-2009, 02:05 PM
do you just not like veyrons or do you not like the interpretation in the game? im dying to drive a accurate veyorn in a racing game. i hear GT5 is getting one so i can hold off

Reznik Akime
11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I just don't like Veyrons. I would say it drives just like it does in real life though. Car can book. I just have my handling preferences and the Veyron isn't one of the cars that has it.

Origin_Unknown
11-04-2009, 01:35 AM
i bought a 360 and steering wheel just for this game as i'm fed up with the constant delays in regards to GT5.

i quite like forza and to be hoenst im going to get rid of my ps3

Blkout
11-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I just don't like Veyrons. I would say it drives just like it does in real life though. Car can book. I just have my handling preferences and the Veyron isn't one of the cars that has it.

You would say it drives like it does in real life? Based on your own personal experience? LOL.;)

Blkout
11-04-2009, 07:33 PM
do you just not like veyrons or do you not like the interpretation in the game? im dying to drive a accurate veyorn in a racing game. i hear GT5 is getting one so i can hold off

Well, it's no secret that the Veyron is amazing in a straight line, but certainly doesn't handle as well as a high end Ferrari. You don't drive a Veyron to take corners at 120mph, you drive a Veyron to do 220+mph and 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.

Reznik Akime
11-04-2009, 07:51 PM
You would say it drives like it does in real life? Based on your own personal experience? LOL.;)

I can say that the handling makes more sense? Like you can see the car gripping the road. And with the vibrations the controller makes, it just feels more real. Like the controller really is the steering wheel and you can feel everything that you would feel if you were holding it. I get frustrated to no end on what the different detail with the handling is, but it just seems easier to understand the car and how it's negotiating the road.

And the Veyron actually does nicely around corners. Just not as nice as I like. You can have a car that can run 210+ at the drop of a hat, but I can think of about fifteen cars that can set faster laps. Those are the cars I prefer.

bigKr33
11-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Fm3 is a great title. They really out did themselves this time with the tire physics upgrade. However I can tell though that they had to compromise certain things to get the game out on time. Engine sounds don't change in relation to exhaust upgrades which made my stomach drop, I seriously died a little inside. Forza is great as a racing game, but not as a modding game (not anymore). They should of done away with the modding. Sounds in my opinion are half the experience, and when you cut corners you're better off not doing it at all. I'm a huge racing fan and when you leave important things out it really defeats the purpose. Thats really the only complaint I have about the game. Other than that though the game is fantastic, I do highly recommend getting it. My $.02

Jimmer411
11-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Correct. A lot of people don't know that Polyphony Digital had some design insight on the Nissan GT-R's in-dash information center so it's really no surprise that PD was going to try to keep this car exclusive to the Gran Turismo series. I think it's a safe bet that after GT5 is released, we'll see the GT-R shortly after in FM3.

IF GT5 ever comes out. Im glad I didnt pick up a PS3 at launch like I intended to for that game. Im STILL waiting for GT5 to come out before I decide to buy a PS3.

In the meantime I just picked up a like new copy of forza 1 off ebay for under $10... Never played it before, but I hear alot of good things about it. This might sway me to buy a 360 just to play some halo and forza 3 if things work out.

I don't care for the Veyron. I do like the cars Lotus has. I especially like how I can put the Evora's engine into the Exige Cup. After fully upgrading that engine, it's like having a gokart with 700+ hp. It's a damned blast to drive.

You can swap engines between vehicles?! I think Im in love :shocked:

I do have one question tho, does Forza make you go thru the whole license test BS or anything similar? That was cool in GT1...but damn 3 games later and I STILL hate it.

Origin_Unknown
11-06-2009, 02:01 PM
You can swap engines between vehicles?! I think Im in love :shocked:

I do have one question tho, does Forza make you go thru the whole license test BS or anything similar? That was cool in GT1...but damn 3 games later and I STILL hate it.

yep, engine swaps are win

no licences ;)

Jimmer411
11-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Im in heaven :) Thanks

Are there limitations between the swaps? Like if I wanted to swap a honda engine into a toyota?

RAW-Raptor22
11-06-2009, 02:08 PM
yep, engine swaps are win

no licences ;)

:up:

ownage
11-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I loved the license system in GT2

Reznik Akime
11-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Im in heaven :) Thanks

Are there limitations between the swaps? Like if I wanted to swap a honda engine into a toyota?

It has to be under the same house. Like you could pop a Lexus made engine into a Toyota, but you can't go cross manufacturer.

RAW-Raptor22
11-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I loved the license system in GT2

By far my favorite GT game. GT3 sucked compared to GT2 and GT4 only redeemed themselves...

GTSRboy
11-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Ok you all, i caved and sold my GTX 275 and bought a used 360 so i can play Forza 3. I got a really good price on it

Now i need to find a used copy of F3 and a wireless controller and im in

ps - dont let the folding section know i sold my 275...bye bye 9k PPD production.

Blkout
11-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I can say that the handling makes more sense? Like you can see the car gripping the road. And with the vibrations the controller makes, it just feels more real. Like the controller really is the steering wheel and you can feel everything that you would feel if you were holding it. I get frustrated to no end on what the different detail with the handling is, but it just seems easier to understand the car and how it's negotiating the road.

And the Veyron actually does nicely around corners. Just not as nice as I like. You can have a car that can run 210+ at the drop of a hat, but I can think of about fifteen cars that can set faster laps. Those are the cars I prefer.

I know man, I was just poking fun at you. :p:

GTSRboy
11-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Well like is said i broke down and bought this game. So far im loving it. I dont think its as realistic as GT5P at the moment, i took a spin in a Viper GTS with no aids on, and it was way to easy to drive for someone who was mashing the throttle and swerving all over the place. But the game is great, this picture sums it up.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2056/vey3.jpg

Jowy Atreides
11-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Well like is said i broke down and bought this game. So far im loving it. I dont think its as realistic as GT5P at the moment, i took a spin in a Viper GTS with no aids on, and it was way to easy to drive for someone who was mashing the throttle and swerving all over the place. But the game is great, this picture sums it up.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2056/vey3.jpg

Playstation 1 quality textures?
Totally, F3 has some pretty terrible graphics

GTSRboy
11-18-2009, 12:25 AM
I was spinning around my alfa in paint mode, and the frame rate was consistently low. Like, the box was pulling maybe ~15fps just rendering the car by itself.

The graphics could be better but that pic i posted above is still epic, i want a big poster of that and put on my wall

skugpezz
11-29-2009, 08:42 PM
I played this game today. It is in a class by it self. It is so smooth and life like.