PDA

View Full Version : Chilly1 Discussion

chilly1
10-12-2009, 01:52 AM
fgfrg

C3
10-12-2009, 02:04 AM
pay your debts instead focusing on new projects...just my 2 cents...

runmc
10-12-2009, 02:29 AM

+1 ^^^^^ I agree totally

chilly1
10-12-2009, 02:31 AM
[gjgh

Foamy
10-12-2009, 02:48 AM

+1 ^^^^^ I agree totally

Because of offtopic posts like this and none of boths bussines, a great thread already has been closed, i'm refering to Fuggers cascade thread.

So please don't let this happen again, let the man take care of his own bussines.

chilly1
10-12-2009, 03:01 AM
fgfrg

tiborrr
10-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Sorry to hear that, Reggie, but you have to understand the people who feel they have been scammed. Although I'm sure this wasn't your intention it sadly came out as a fraud. Cannot comment on your admin rights being pulled nor your ownership of this site as I don't know jack about it.

I hope you overcome this eventually, my thoughts are with you.

Best Regards,
Niko :up:

[XC] Oj101
10-12-2009, 05:34 AM
It's good to see that you're still alive and kicking :)

Are you posting from a cellphone? Otherwise your way of typing has changed a lot!!

ultralo1
10-12-2009, 08:04 AM
saddled with debts from a bad marrage ...

BTDT. Hang in and keep plugging away one day ata time. 5 years down the road you will look back and laugh.

Expat GriZ
10-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Mr Reggie. While I can sympathize with your predicament it can't be ignored that here is where you plyed your wares and cost people a lot of money. If you want redemption, talk to God. ALL others pay CASH! If you are offended...think of the people who trusted you with THEIR hard earned cash. MAKE RESTITUTION!!! If this build (which I think everyone will admit is very enticing) is a way out for you and you start paying back the people you owe money to, fine. However, wiping the slate clean and no mention of your previous mismanagement, for what ever reason....is NOT ON.

Just my 2 bits

yngndrw
10-12-2009, 09:26 AM
A couple of questions:
1) How many people on these forums were involved ? (By that I mean people who actually lost something.)
2) How many people on these forums actually know everything about what happened ? (That also includes moderators and admins.)
3) How many people have been making uninformed judgements and comments about things in which they have no business ?

I'm not going to pretend that I know everything which has happened - In fact I probably know very little about it. I know what it feels like to lose something and not be able to do anything about it, but I also know what it's like to have everyone under the sun jumping on the hate train - It's not nice, especially when those people don't know what really happened.

I've always liked Reggie and the content and help which he has provided in the past. Obviously I don't know exactly how events played out but it's none of my business.

[XC] gomeler
10-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Gentlemen, is it necessary to kick Reggie in the stomach every time he posts? I understand he owes a large debt to the community but trashing every thread/post he creates isn't a civil way to handle this. If you have been personally wronged by Reggie we have a section for this. If you want to vent your frustration you could take it up in Builder/Customer relations and I suppose I can lump it all into one thread. I don't ask that you welcome him with open arms, just don't trash every thread he posts in.

Reggie I hope you can get back on your feet within a reasonable time frame. The economy is slowly crawling back to where we were a few years back, hopefully your business will pick up with it.

Praz
10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
[XC] gomeler,

I can kind of understand where you are coming from. However there is one fact that cannot be denied. Quite a lot of money was paid for builds and those builds never happened. What the money was used for or how it was used if really of no importance. The fact is it was not used for the purpose intended. This by itself is a prosecutable crime almost anywhere in the world. That the economy sucks, personal issues arose or whatever does not justify using customers money for any other purpose.

And then to make the following statement?

I will not post or do any builds until I get an apology

This is a slap in the face to all that are owed money. And quite honestly, does not sound like a response from a person who plans to ever make things right.

SoddemFX
10-12-2009, 10:02 AM

Well said.

Many people here have had problems in life, the difference is that they didn't decide to steal from and abuse the trust of the community in the process.

At first the community tried to help, dozens of us including myself contributed a lot of money to 'the Chilly1 fund' (the thread of which has been deleted) but soon after it became obvious that a very large scale con had taken place.

Over the next few years several posts were made by Chilly1 in which he stated his intentions to refund his many, many customers. The more cynical members may have viewed these posts as buying time in the hope that the out of pocket members would leave the community, the theft would be forgotten and "business" would return to normal.

The theft is of tens of thousands of dollars and the victims were members who paid in trust, many from xtremesystems.

Gentlemen, is it necessary to kick Reggie in the stomach every time he posts? I understand he owes a large debt to the community but trashing every thread/post he creates isn't a civil way to handle this.

Chilly1 showed no compassion for the people he stole from.

The fact is that the debt will not be repaid, many of the victims have already moved out of the community. I greatly doubt there is a record of the money owed let alone a mechanism of repaying it.

Bringing up the past might not be civil but it is very effective.

If there is no intention of repaying the debt, he should at least have the decency to disappear.

How many people on these forums actually know everything about what happened?

It started over 3 years ago and that's why it is important that those who remember don't let it go.

Tom

[XC] gomeler
10-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Changed the thread name and moved this to Builder/Customer Relations with a redirect left in the Phase Change section. If another mod/admin feels it necessary to close the thread or move it elsewhere feel free. This however does not belong in the Phase Change section.

[XC] Oj101
10-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Soddom, what if you were in his shoes? The entire internet wants to hate him yet hardly anyone of that group were affected in any way by what happened. Do you understand that this was not something he planned with malice? Think carefully about who the real victim(s) is/are ;)

What ever happened regarding the account PayPal cleared out?

Charles Wirth
10-12-2009, 02:17 PM
I believe Reggie can work out his debts here.

Picking at a wound never heals, rubbing salt into it surely helps.

sdumper
10-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Personally maybe its best if he just comes back as a different user other than Chilly1.

I think very highly of Reggie and would really like to see him back here sharing his knowledge!!

Ozzfest05
10-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Personally maybe its best if he just comes back as a different user other than Chilly1.

I think very highly of Reggie and would really like to see him back here sharing his knowledge!!

SD your so harsh to judge Nol about his situation but Reggie be spared?
I dont think so.

eBoy0
10-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Alright... I've sat idly by for a while now. I haven't posted much after all of this blew up with chilly1 and njkid32, getting conned by both of them. Maybe it was because I was young at the time, I don't really know, as it all began almost 5 years ago I was only 16 years old, so stupidity and inexperience had something to do with it.
The members here telling US (people who he owes money to) to put ourselves in his shoes, well they really have no idea what they're talking about. It's not like we all have 2000+ dollars lying around everyday.
Yea he's got debt, but don't we all? If he was really 400,000$ in debt he'd be living on the streets right about now... He's been singing the same tune for over 4 years now, I've got 400+ private messages to and from Reggie over the last 5 years PROVING THIS!
Seeing him post threads like this, stringing us along like he's actually going to pay us back, and then throw a tantrum because people bring up the situation just shows how serious he is about it.
NOT $1 has been reimbursed over the last 5 years.
Not only did he con people out of the money for the units, people who felt sorry for him, and tried to help him out, started the Chilly1 Fund, which was money to pay for shipping for units which were "COMPLETED", (to be honest, I don't even think he started any of the units he was CONTRACTED to build, except PhillyBoy, if I recall, who took time out of this life to help him in his situation) once again not one unit was shipped out with the amount in the fund, the money probably went to pay his electricity or something, I honestly don't know.
Every 6 months he pops in here, posts a thread about how in a month all will be better, and how he's got assistants helping him out, well he's been saying this for the past 4 years, always with some miracle going to happen in a month, to stay tuned!

This situation makes me sick. As someone has pointed out, a lot of the owed members have left the community.
Though I encourage those who are still around to stick by to see this unfold.

sdumper
10-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Good point I'll bug out :)

[XC] riptide
10-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Reggie hasnt done anything to me.

Well stay out of the thread then.

[XC] riptide
10-13-2009, 06:27 PM
By the way I havent seen one single tally stating what reggie owes and to whom so if he owes folks money or builds then why isnt it documented somewhere in a thread..

You changed your post....

but to answer your question. there is a chilly1 area on this forum for the affected members. And there are a lot of them. And a big :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing tally.

EDIT: I don't mean to be rude, BTW. Just got narked for a second. ;)

ruffus
10-13-2009, 07:47 PM
well guys i know that i really should just keep my mouth shut but i just can't for some resson today. i really don't think it is right for any one of us to be stealing from anyone as we are all sopposed to be friends here and with me being a builder i am the type of builder that trys to not take any money till the unit is done less it is for a cascade now just because i have had one guy not come back and it has put me back but not to the point where i could not build another if i needed to. so i think he should have never takin any money to start with.but the one thing i will not say is let him come back i know he can be a nice guy as we have talked a couple of time but nothing like me and chris or teyber as we have talked alot. now on to how much he owes people i really don't think that is really any ones bees wax. now as for nol we should just leave him out of all of this if there is something we should all know about nol then start a thread on it. now i am sorry if i said anything that up set any one but i just needed to put in my two cents. and if i said anything i should not have please remove my post

CyberDruid
10-13-2009, 08:48 PM
What is it about phase that makes smart people act crazy stupid? I can't think of any other category of builders that get people throwing huge sums of money at them even after they screw up...and weirder still they don't go away...and they behave in a haughty manner despite circumstances that you'd think would humble anyone. Very odd.

JAWS
10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
People like you Reggie make me sick! :mad: I swear to Christ himself, If I were to become instantly wealthy I would pay back the people you cheated before I would pay off my own debt.

Have $400,000 debt? You want people to feel sorry for you?:mad::mad: I feel sorry almost everyday for the people you stole money from!!!!!!!:mad:

ps also If I had $1 for every time I heard yo say "I am working 12 to 14 hrs a day 6 days a week" I would have enough to pay a single person his money back.

Praz
10-15-2009, 03:38 PM
^^^ :up: :clap: ^^^

Ashraf
10-15-2009, 07:47 PM
I feel exactly the same way as JAWS.

What I have to say is keep excuses to yourself, chilly1. You are not getting out of debt at anytime if you are not going to repay the people you owed first. The more you post about the blahs, the sooner I want to leave XtremeSystems. :(

I really can't believe how some people like chilly1 have the nerve to take and spend a client's money on something else for personal use or issues. :shakes:

lior307
10-28-2009, 06:28 AM
About Reggie:
I'm sorry for all the troubles that people had But ,
He is A GOOD MAN , and sometime bad things happens to Good People- and he is - a good man.

I beliive that he will solve all his issues with you guys .

I bought from him parts for Phase
He helped me a lot with everything i needed for - even before i bought.
he also gave me his Personal Number and we talked about 3-4 times
And he always share his knoledge .

I Will buy from him again , Glad he is coming back .
I live about 5000KM from him (Eu) , belive me i'm not bribed

EnJoY
11-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I Will buy from him again

In that case I should give you Justin Daves number, he has some graphics cards and cpu's he can sell you at a great price!

:shakes:

perkam
11-13-2009, 12:41 PM
pay your debts instead focusing on new projects...just my 2 cents...Allow me to educate you on some fundamental mathematics:

Let's say:

Paying You Guys = A
Focusing on New Projects = B

To Pay your Debts, Chilly1 needs money, lets call this C. So A = C.

Now to get money, he can do one of five things:

1. Find a money tree
2. Make money
3. Win the lottery
4. Find an oil pipeline
5. Get a job as a Web Programmer in war torn Iraq (Seriously, they pay you like 240K its crazy)

ANYWAY, the point is, the most realistic option from the above is option 2, so C = Make more money.

In order to make more money, he needs to build more units, and thus focus on more projects, so C = building more units and getting more projects, which also happens to be B :eek:

So C = B, and what do we have here? :eek: A = C also !!! :eek:

A = C
B = C

Then that means ?!?! :eek: A = B !!!!

So you see, him doing new projects = Paying your guys faster. :)

See there? Wasn't so difficult to understand was it :stick:

(Sidenote: The involvement of Mods and Admins in bashing Chilly will only encourage regular members to inflame the thread even further. It doesn't set a very good example)

Perkam

K404
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
This is all different kinds of nothing to do with me but im on the fence about your comment Perkam.

Given Reggies situation and current reputation, who would be willing to give him that much money that he has a decent profit margin in order to help pay back the money he owes?

I believe that his knowledge of HVAC/R will play a large part in any chance he has of paying off his debts, but not as an individual. As part of a company IMHO will be a better and more re-assuring way.... even if its not such easy money.

Im aware this has nothing to do with me. If mods feel this post is better off deleted, thats cool- you'll get no whining from me :)

JAWS
11-13-2009, 01:16 PM
(Sidenote: The involvement of Mods and Admins in bashing Chilly will only encourage regular members to inflame the thread even further. It doesn't set a very good example)

Sorry Perkam you know I love ya.....but

do you think I give a flying :banana::banana::banana::banana: about who flames reggie? It's an insult to XS that he even posted again. Tell me something?????? How can you work 12 to 14 hrs a day 6 days a week for 5 years and not have any money? :mad:

WHEN EVERY SINGLE MEMBER HAS GOTTEN THEIR MONEY BACK then you come to XS and post about your new whatever.

you know something else let's support someone that stole thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars from XS members that trusted him. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sorry just that way I have always felt about this horrible situation.

ps....and that's the nice version after re-reading your post.

[XC] riptide
11-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Allow me to educate you on some fundamental mathematics:

LOL. Here's more mathematics. He claims he's working all the days he can and he hasn't money to pay back anyone in how many years? Where the :banana::banana::banana::banana:, mathematically, is he going to pull the extra time to do these projects to generate tens of thousands of extra???

I love ya too Perkam BTW. :hug:

Ashraf
11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
perkam, you cannot be serious...

If he can afford to build units to make money, then where the heck do he get those materials from? Nothing is free. I would say he should repay his ex-customers instead of buying materials to build units. I do not think there would be the same amount of ex-customers to buy a new unit from him ever again. That means he would not be able to repay all his ex-customers.

perkam
11-14-2009, 10:08 PM
My main point with the sidenote was that no one ever got what they wanted faster by being angry about it. I do believe the best way moving forward is to figure out some sort of payment plan so that he can pay you guys X amount every month until the debt is paid.

Remember, that if every person who has been wronged by Chilly1 asks for their entire amount upfront, there is no way he will be able to pay back the rest of you. There are definitely more constructive ways of going about this problem, and this isnt one of them. Albiet, it does allow members to relieve some of their anger on the issue and if that is the purpose of the thread, then by all means continue :)

:hugs: All around :)

Perkam

[XC] Oj101
11-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok guys, I think that's enough. This thread has turned into a "bash Reggie without consequence thread" and as a fellow human being I think he does deserve a tiny bit of respect. You guys are behaving like pack animals! He's not a serial murderer or a rapist or something, at the very worst you can call him a common thief. I don't think that's enough to warrant the blood you guys want. Everytime there's a chilly1 thread maturity and compassion go out the window :down:

I think it's time to lock, delete or clean this thread. I highly doubt he's going to reply here after the way you guys have carried on so this is a dead thread.

Speederlander
11-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Ok guys, I think that's enough. This thread has turned into a "bash Reggie without consequence thread" and as a fellow human being I think he does deserve a tiny bit of respect. You guys are behaving like pack animals! He's not a serial murderer or a rapist or something, at the very worst you can call him a common thief. I don't think that's enough to warrant the blood you guys want. Everytime there's a chilly1 thread maturity and compassion go out the window :down:
Just curiously, what is expected to happen when you post in the same place as everyone you ripped off with no real plan to pay them back? I'm not part of this whole soap opera, but as a member of XS I'm at a loss to understand how he retains his membership and ability to post given everything that has gone down. I see no effort to return the money that was taken (correct me if I'm wrong), so saying he needs to be able to "communicate" with people seems a bit off. I recall a collection to help him "get back on his feet"? Where did that money go?

Aren't scammers banned? Or what's the policy? Not sure why this wound is allowed to have the scab picked over and over again. It's fairly obvious no one is getting their money back in this mess.

Make a sticky with the key info, lock it, encourage people to seek legal recourse (maybe reference existing case numbers and police phone numbers), don't allow further threads on the topic, and ban the person who did the scamming. :shrug:

[XC] Oj101
11-15-2009, 11:45 AM
As much as it would pain me to see someone with his knowledge and past legacy banned from these forums I have to say that I would prefer your idea to this senseless bashing. I don't know about the rest of you but if I were Reggie I'd be less than willing to post in this thread so it's really going nowhere. The rules should apply everywhere, about a year ago I bashed someone from another forum who isn't even registered here and my post was immediately removed, why should this be allowed to continue? If you can make an exception here, why not somewhere else? Where do you draw the line? No more chilly1 bashing please, it doesn't look good to non members and new members when they see the anarchy that rules in this thread. Equality for all or abolish the rules regarding personal attacks.

As an individual I can sympathise with your loss and feelings, but as a forum we have a degree of status to maintain. His contact details are out there, there are also people with direct contact with him. Rather communicate in private than put the forums in the public eye.

Speederlander
11-15-2009, 01:31 PM
As much as it would pain me to see someone with his knowledge and past legacy banned from these forums I have to say that I would prefer your idea to this senseless bashing. I don't know about the rest of you but if I were Reggie I'd be less than willing to post in this thread so it's really going nowhere. The rules should apply everywhere, about a year ago I bashed someone from another forum who isn't even registered here and my post was immediately removed, why should this be allowed to continue? If you can make an exception here, why not somewhere else? Where do you draw the line? No more chilly1 bashing please, it doesn't look good to non members and new members when they see the anarchy that rules in this thread. Equality for all or abolish the rules regarding personal attacks.

As an individual I can sympathise with your loss and feelings, but as a forum we have a degree of status to maintain. His contact details are out there, there are also people with direct contact with him. Rather communicate in private than put the forums in the public eye.

Don't get me wrong. I could care less if he gets bashed. Indeed, I say post his home address and phone number in the information sticky along with police case numbers and contact info. He stole thousands and thousands of dollars from a lot of people and then to add insult to injury, a collection was taken up on XS to help him "in his time of need". So, honestly, the entire community was pretty much spit on.

What I am saying is this stuff is all fairly pointless. He ripped everyone off, he appears to have gotten away with it, and urging people to legal recourse hasn't yielded much. So ban him, make a sticky with all the info, and close the door on this sorry chapter at XS.

eBoy0
11-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Technically its not bashing, this Builder/Customer Relations subforum was made for this very reason. To write about how you feel about the builder and his work...
Seeing as how ALOT of people have done business with reggie, everyone has an equal chance for an input on the matter... though as mentioned, its like putting salt in a wound, this is getting old...

Reznik Akime
11-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Is all this flaming really necessary? People have been banned for less and most for offenses I've seen in this thread. Why is he still able to post here? If the admins are getting in on it, then that should be the end of it all right there. I know what he did. I even considered buying a system from him waaayyy back when. I'm glad I didn't. What I don't understand is why he's able to stay around.

Don't get me wrong. I could care less if he gets bashed. Indeed, I say post his home address and phone number in the information sticky along with police case numbers and contact info. He stole thousands and thousands of dollars from a lot of people and then to add insult to injury, a collection was taken up on XS to help him "in his time of need". So, honestly, the entire community was pretty much spit on.

What I am saying is this stuff is all fairly pointless. He ripped everyone off, he appears to have gotten away with it, and urging people to legal recourse hasn't yielded much. So ban him, make a sticky with all the info, and close the door on this sorry chapter at XS.

This.

runmc
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Is all this flaming really necessary? People have been banned for less and most for offenses I've seen in this thread. Why is he still able to post here? If the admins are getting in on it, then that should be the end of it all right there. I know what he did. I even considered buying a system from him waaayyy back when. I'm glad I didn't. What I don't understand is why he's able to stay around.

This.

He's own almost half of XtremeSystems. ;)

Reznik Akime
11-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but do you mean own or owned? :confused:

He may be/has been an owner, but everyone still has so much malice for him. Even the staff. Either way I understand now. Shame. :shakes:

[XC] Oj101
11-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Owns. Reggie and Charles own the site together.

[XC] riptide
11-18-2009, 03:08 AM
He's own almost half of XtremeSystems. ;)

Ban vote for spelling and grammar. :sofa:

[XC] Oj101
11-18-2009, 03:28 AM
Watch out, as admin he can ban YOU :D

[XC] riptide
11-18-2009, 04:16 AM
Watch out, as admin he can ban YOU :D

Oh ya. Forgot that bit. Although if he does, I have an uncle in DeSoto I haven't visited since he moved there. :cool:

tiborrr
11-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Reggie should sell his share in XS to Charles and then Charles could repay the frauded customers. :shrug:

[XC] Oj101
11-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Assuming that

a) Reggie's shares are worth a hell of a lot of money, and
b) Charles has a hell of a lot of money to play with.

yngndrw
11-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Reggie should sell his share in XS to Charles and then Charles could repay the frauded customers. :shrug:
It's a website and forum ...

tiborrr
11-18-2009, 09:55 AM
It's a brand name, servers, etc. Should be worth some money.

Dualist
11-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Not forgetting the income from the ads either.

yngndrw
11-18-2009, 12:17 PM
A single server ? I'd bet that the money from the adverts doesn't come close to paying for the costs.

EnJoY
11-18-2009, 12:43 PM
A single server ? I'd bet that the money from the adverts doesn't come close to paying for the costs.

You'd be surprised how much proper advertising can net. Anandtech should give you an idea. Just a website and a forum, but he has a paid writing staff, a huge house, and lots of toys.

Dualist
11-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Totally agree and I for one don't wanna get swamped by ads every which way.

If Reggie is that far in the brown organic then he should just go bankrupt, it would clear his other crap up but then not claim the bankruptcy on the guys he owes here and offers a payment plan that way.

There is always a way round the situation, don't know what bankruptcy laws are like in the US but here in the UK things got a lot easier from when I did it, but you can select who you wipe debts off to.

runmc
11-18-2009, 01:19 PM
riptide;4115028']Ban vote for spelling and grammar. :sofa:

ooopps - how about "owns" :up:

ibby
12-04-2009, 02:37 PM
I wonder how much 50 % owner ship is worth?

C3
12-05-2009, 07:23 AM

yup,should be more than enough for a refund and a lil startup budget...

ibby
12-05-2009, 08:37 AM
How much chilly / reggie owe?

Dualist
12-06-2009, 09:20 AM

Fair bit advertising wise if this is to be believed...

http://bizinformation.org/us/www.xtremesystems.org

How's $2.31mill grab you.? :shrug:
But site would be unreadable with crap advertizing :(

b1lk1
12-07-2009, 08:47 AM
No human being in their right mind would buy this website for half that. Websites are only worth what someone would pay for it. Those guess-timates are just done to help them sell stuff.

ultralo1
12-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Assuming that

a) Reggie's shares are worth a hell of a lot of money, and

For those of you who have not been through a divorce.

If he started this site while married, She is entitled to half the proceeds from his share and possibly half the ownership of his shares.

Divorce has been the finacial ruin of many a Man. Not only do you have the attornies fees but you have the out come of the divorce. She gets half of everything plus spousal support if she qualifies. They can even take half of your retirement and social security. Not to mention requiring you to keep medical coverage on the ex spouse.

It takes a long while to recover from this.

I am not defending Chilly1, I dont have a stake in the game, I just wanted to put this out there for those who have not expireinced a divorce. When it comes to the money aspect it is easy to loose everything you have.

Standard disclaimer,I am not a lawer, just experienced.

sdumper
12-12-2009, 06:59 AM
For those of you who have not been through a divorce.

If he started this site while married, She is entitled to half the proceeds from his share and possibly half the ownership of his shares.

Divorce has been the finacial ruin of many a Man. Not only do you have the attornies fees but you have the out come of the divorce. She gets half of everything plus spousal support if she qualifies. They can even take half of your retirement and social security. Not to mention requiring you to keep medical coverage on the ex spouse.

It takes a long while to recover from this.

I am not defending Chilly1, I dont have a stake in the game, I just wanted to put this out there for those who have not expireinced a divorce. When it comes to the money aspect it is easy to loose everything you have.

Standard disclaimer,I am not a lawer, just experienced.

I am not defending Chilly1 in fact I dont even know the guy but Divorce can completely turn your life upside down.

Stewie007
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I've typed and re-typed..... meh, forget it.

Bottom line. I didn't even know this was really going on. But then again, I don't have a monstrous presence here either.

Regardless of life problems, it is wrong to take something that belongs to someone else and use it for your own ends. Regardless to what happened to the money, you can't just explain it away.

To the people that actually paid for something amounting to 2000 dollars up front. You're just whining because you were foolish enough to pay for something that was still just an "idea." It hadn't been built yet. 2000 dollars is a lot of money. You can't just go tossing it at whoever you think that you can trust. That is how you get burned. Its like paying your neighbor for a car that you haven't even seen. You saw that someone else bought a car from him before, and you just decided to give him 2000 dollars for the car. He didn't tell you that it didn't exist.

Still, you have a right to be angry. You trusted somebody with your money, and he turned out to be untrustworthy. Good man or not, what he did is still wrong. But again, that is why you can't just throw your money at somebody.

Live and learn. Welcome to the burnt club. :welcome:

Of course, not being a member of that particular burnt club, I guess I'm not the one who should be welcoming you.

K404
12-21-2009, 12:14 AM
In response to the valuation:

Harsh but feasible: Why has the site not been affected by the reality that it is 50% owned by a man who scams its users?

sdsdv10
12-21-2009, 01:14 PM
In response to the valuation:

Harsh but feasible: Why has the site not been affected by the reality that it is 50% owned by a man who scams its users?

I would surmise it has, but with this site having 100,000+ members (although I also assume many of these are no longer active), the percentage of users scammed is so low as to not even register. Even if he scammed 100 people (probably way more than actual number), that would be <0.1% of the total registered accounts, suggesting the vast majority of people are blissfully ignorant.

Marci
12-21-2009, 01:31 PM
If he started this site while married

He bought into it LONG after it started...

Stewie007
12-21-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm surprised that nobody has spoken to a lawyer...

teyber
04-19-2010, 01:50 PM
sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, and i really hope there is no more arguing by me doing so, but i figure that this is the best place to ask.

i am trying to get in contact with reggie(chilly1), does anybody have his phone #? i had it on my old phone that got destroyed and i lost all my contacts. if anyone does i would really
appreciate it if you could PM it to me.

cheers!

EDIT:

found his number, thanks everybody for the quick responses!

[XC] Oj101
04-20-2010, 11:53 AM
If anyone can help me get in touch with him it would also be appreciated, not telephonically as it would cost a fortune. I need to have a chat with him. Thanks.

10 Gauge
07-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Im putting my name in the hat.... FragTek, Reggie still owes me $2000.

proth
05-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Im putting my name in the hat.... FragTek, Reggie still owes me $2000.

Add me in. Ripped off from Chilly for $1560, going on close to 8 years now