PDA

View Full Version : Any music producers here?

In-Fluence
10-10-2009, 01:36 AM
I read a lot of threads here about users with your typical gaming and theatre audio setups, but I'm wondering if anyone here uses pro audio products like M-Audio, MOTU or E-Mu.

If so, what do you have hooked up to it?
Any studio pics?
What kind of music do you make?
What software do you use?
Can we have a listen? :D

As you can see in my sig, I use an M-Audio Delta 1010. I've had it for over 6 years now, and it's sound quality has been exemplary, has really delivered the goods and more than paid for itself (I got it 2nd hand too).

A as for what's hooked up to it, picture speaks a thousand words :):
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z182/in-fluence/Snapshots/DSCF3532.jpg

What you see running there is Renoise, a great bit of software which I use to write a variety of music with, although I lean towards D&B most of the time :D
If you would like a listen, do feel free to check http://www.in-fluence.com

Hope to hear from more of you :)

Jamesrt2004
10-10-2009, 06:07 AM
your mouse mats on the wrong side ;) :P:

what mixers that?

In-Fluence
10-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Hehe, I'm a lefty (one of the good ones) :p

The mixer is a Behringer MX2642A - pretty cheap and cheerful and is starting to show signs of ageing, but it has served me well for nearly 10 years now. I do think when the need to upgrade it arrives I'll probably go for a more reputable brand.

p.s. to the left of the picture, I have a pair of SL1210 MK5's and an Allen & Heath Xone 32. I also now have my trusty old 'towered' amiga setup so I can play al my old games and tunes :D

MattiasNYC
10-20-2009, 05:07 PM
I read a lot of threads here about users with your typical gaming and theatre audio setups, but I'm wondering if anyone here uses pro audio products like M-Audio, MOTU or E-Mu.

If so, what do you have hooked up to it?

Hi. Yep, I use my machine doing music and post-production.

It's a Lynx TWO-B PCI card that does audio in/out duties (2in/6out). It's an awesome card for the money. Great ADA conversion and low latency.

For monitoring I have :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty KRK Rokit 8's which I don't care for that much, but for critical listening I use my AKG 501 open back headphones. They're fed through a Grace m902 headphone amplifier. The sound is super clean and uncolored.

I've got an M-Audio Axiom 61 that I use occasionally, and the software I run is Nuendo 4.3 as the DAW with some Native Instruments stuff plus a couple of UAD cards, one "1" and a "2 Quad". I've got some Neve plugs and some other goodies.

At work I run a Mac (sorry) Pro dual quad with ProTools HD Accel 2 and a bunch of crap thrown into it. Genelec monitors and a bunch of outboard. But I suppose the home setup was more what you were looking for....

Any studio pics?
What kind of music do you make?
What software do you use?
Can we have a listen? :D

Don't have any pics right now. I'll see if I can dig up some tracks perhaps...

I mostly do my work in the studio on ProTools, but occasionally I dabble around at home as well. I do mostly post-production for a living, but my heart's in music - any music, as long as it's good.

As you can see in my sig, I use an M-Audio Delta 1010. I've had it for over 6 years now, and it's sound quality has been exemplary, has really delivered the goods and more than paid for itself (I got it 2nd hand too).

Good for you man! That's a very healthy way of looking at it. You seem happy with your workstation and you get stuff done on it - Great!