PDA

View Full Version : 5870 green flickering

rmorse27
10-02-2009, 03:21 PM
I have the 5870 cards in xfire setup and when I try to run cod waw @1920x1080 I get green flickering throughout until I changed my resolution to something lower. I use a 40 inch lcd tv as my monitor and its 1080p. I hooked my other regular monitor and it works fine @1920x1080.Any help would be appreciated. I had no trouble with my 4890 at this res why should I have problem now.

jaredpace
10-02-2009, 03:54 PM
works fine on your 1920 x 1080 monitor, but not on your 1080 HDTV? check the news section there is a long thread about ati hdmi-out to HDTV 1080P at various HZ refresh rates. You have to Either scan -mode the tv, switch between interlaced/progressive, or add the hdtv refresh rates into CCC.

demonkevy666
10-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I had this problem once are they green flicker lines ? I've had that before.
I waited for better drivers, and went back to the older ones.
I couldn't play gta:IV with crossfire on.

nascasho
10-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Join the club, I can't play anything with Crossfire on either.

My issue is artifacting and I stress tested both cards. CFX off it works. On, it doesn't. I hope it's driver related because I would hate for it to be something else causing my issue.

rmorse27
10-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I just noticed if I turn xfire off the green flicker goes away,but once turned back on its back. The picture is there but its all green and flickers until I change to a lower res.

One_Hertz
10-03-2009, 06:19 AM
I would have to write a page with all the issues I've experienced with my 5870CF. This technology is basically worthless to me at this point in time due to the texture errors in nearly ALL games, microstuttering in certain games, my screen blinking from time to time, and my whole rig locking up once a day. No problems at all with anything when I disable CF.

rmorse27
10-03-2009, 06:29 AM
I removed the HDMI cable and installed a DVI to hdmi instead and everything works fine now I can play @1920 x 1080.

nascasho
10-03-2009, 09:34 AM
I would have to write a page with all the issues I've experienced with my 5870CF. This technology is basically worthless to me at this point in time due to the texture errors in nearly ALL games, microstuttering in certain games, my screen blinking from time to time, and my whole rig locking up once a day. No problems at all with anything when I disable CF.

Omg I thought I was the only one!

I even piggy-backed my PSU thinking it was going bad. I'm having texture issues too, especially in Vantage. The screen goes nuts.

I also stressed both of my cards cause I thought I had a bad one. Neither of them failed.

I'm tempted to get rid of it, all I play is AION and some Crysis from here to there, lol.

Particle
10-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Recent drivers have been a lot of trouble for crossfire by the looks of it. It doesn't work on my 4850s without flickering anymore either. My flickering is purple instead of green, but you get the idea. If I switch on vsync it goes away for about 20 seconds. Then it comes back and I turn off vsync. Goes away briefly again. Framerates are great when there's no flickering but seems to tank when there is. Maybe it's just a strobe effect causing the framrate perception, but meh...that's not the biggest problem.