PDA

View Full Version : Do you really need CCC?

Think
09-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Just wondering if it's even necessary. I don't overclock by card at all but if I uninstall it...what am I really loosing other then Profiling option?

Temp wise I can use GPUZ when I need to.

Helloworld_98
09-27-2009, 11:12 AM
well, it helps in turning the fan speed down since rivatuner doesn't have that option for all cards.

illidan
09-27-2009, 11:55 AM
u can do that with ATi Tray Tools :)

okorop
09-27-2009, 12:20 PM
u can do that with ATi Tray Tools :)

I agree but ati tray tools is not working with all ati videocards :)

Think
09-27-2009, 02:57 PM
So that's it then? I don't use the fan controller since it's watercooled. :)

Chickenfeed
09-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I still install CCC for my LCD settings ( fixed aspect ratio gpu scaling and extedned desktop ) and also to quickly force AA for some older titles ( or something like Oblivion for HDR + AA )

Regardless I hate CCC (.net is bloated ) and wish that AMD would move on to something similar to Nvidia's CP as well as adding profiles (it is SO nice to be able to set different AA/AF and different SLI rendering methods as well as forcing Vsync from the CP as well as being able to add profiles to games which don't have them yet ). I would be more happy than anything they could deliver hardware wise if they'd do these simple things...

Performance wise I've been happy enough with ATIs drivers over the last few months but functionality wise they suck in my eyes.

jstutman
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I use it for my htpc, my desktop rig I do not

okorop
09-28-2009, 12:23 AM
So that's it then? I don't use the fan controller since it's watercooled. :)

It is usless for you then, but with multiple vga configuration ccc is the only way to enable crossfire until att is ready for the new gpus so I am going to install it too :)
of course when I will find the cards, in Italy it is a mess......no one has got it

Particle
09-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Regardless I hate CCC (.net is bloated )

There is nothing wrong with .NET. Version 2.0 is a 20 MB download and can be fully installed in about a minute. CCC is very bloated, however, and fails to run properly on a lot of systems.

---

No, you don't really need CCC. I've not had it work right most of the time, and I've even had it cause 5+ GB memory leaks, so I just skip it these days.

One_Hertz
09-28-2009, 08:39 AM
I only need it to force Vsync off in everything.