PDA

View Full Version : Refrigeration controller unit..How to??

BigBadger
11-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Guys,
Apologies if this has been asked many times before:

Is there a how to guide on building a controller for my home made refrigeration cooling system?

My rig gets used by my wife and kids (when I'm not around to keep them off it) so I need a system that’s easy to use...like press one button and it all looks after itself.
I'm thinking along the lines of the button firing up the compressor but the PC being held in standby using the re-set switch until a pre-set temp is reached...Probably a simple enough circuit for someone who (unlike me) knows electronics.

water_cooler 20
11-29-2003, 08:49 AM
u might beable to use this delay timer
http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DTK&Category_Code=Electric
i guess if it can turn on a pump and tec psu it should beable to turn on a compressor

BigBadger
11-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Nice link...Idealy I'd like it temp controlled but the timer would do the trick.
If anyone has a DIY circuit diagram I'd still be interested

herefishy
11-29-2003, 11:47 AM
You could likely purchase a Carel controller to perform the function you require...

www.carel.com

NVentiv uses the IR32 series (in the MachI). You can get after-market controllers

Cheers!

BigBadger
11-30-2003, 05:57 AM
Thanks...Carel have an outlet in the UK so I think I'll look into this option.......I don't suppose anyone has a wiring diagram for the Prometeia?

chilly1
12-02-2003, 12:04 AM
A temperature control attached to the evaporator (Ranco A12 Series open on rise) set at -10 or -20 and build a momentary relay set to switch on and off the computer........ or break the processor voltage......

herefishy
12-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Forget about getting a wiring diagram (unless the units come with one) I had called NVentiv to obtain a wiring diagram. , Apparently they consider the wiring scheme to be proprietary. :p: