PDA

View Full Version : 4870x2 boot

nutter00
09-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Got a problem with this card, had an xspc block fitted card run fine changed block to ek and card will post but when green loading bar in vista finnishes screen goes blank.Have tried different drivers but same happens.all light seem normal.If I remove drivers system will boot as normal have refitted block carefully twice need help?

nutter00
09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Any suggestions guys arma 2 does my head in safe mode might play solitare lol.

Sleepyzone
09-19-2009, 05:08 AM
If its not a hardware problem, maybe your Vista driver got messed up swapping the card in and out. Try and run Driver Clean or what ever they call it in safe mode. I just got over a strange problem with my 4870x2 myself. To make the story short I was trying to get my xspc block I got to even post before it overheated, after 4 trys of bleading my darn loop and jacking around with the block I put the stock block on and all was well again. Later computer was doing a Vista update and my card died.. or at least I thought. Found out that my DVI port in my monitor died after using the VGA port on it. Ordered a Heatkiller block For it and I have had no problems for the last two months. (except for my dead DVI port on my monitor). Hope you get it fixed I know the feeling.

nutter00
09-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks sleepyzone ,I have tried this card on the same system but with 2 different hard drives but am going to try it on a completly different system tomorrow will let u know.