PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Bay buyer faces setbacks !!! LoL

soundood
09-18-2009, 12:39 PM
The sale of file-sharing site The Pirate Bay has been hit by a further setback after its potential buyer was served with a bankruptcy petition.

The document was filed with a Swedish court by a creditor of Global Gaming Factory (GGF), which outlined plans to buy the site in June.

The creditor - Advatar Systems - is claiming more than 1.3m kronor (£116,000) in unpaid debts.

It is the latest in a long series of hold-ups which have stalled the sale.

Trading in GGF's shares were suspended in August after an investigation was launched into financial irregularities.

The firm was also kicked off the Swedish Aktietorget exchange in September after regulators concluded that it had misled with its claims of buying The Pirate Bay.

Its shares are now traded on the smaller Mangold exchange.

In June this year, the firm announced that it would pay 60m kronor (£5.4m) to take over the site.

The Pirate Bay is the world's most high-profile file-sharing website and was set up in 2003 by anti-copyright organisation Piratbyran, but for the last five years it has been run by individuals.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8263471.stm

is this really surprising? the sooner TPB just dies the better, im all for file sharing site, and that is another debate really,

but the game was up long ago for the PB, give it up guys :rolleyes:

BrowncoatGR
09-18-2009, 01:25 PM
The deal was canceled weeks ago from what i heard.

soundood
09-18-2009, 01:43 PM
yeah i heard that too, and a ton of others, te point with this 'new' thread and new info is that its getting boring now ehh? TPB should just die and never return, they are desperatly trying to do a napster, but its never going to happen.

munim
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm just going to throw something out there, and maybe some will agree with me, and it's not meant to be a slight to the OP since this may be newsworthy to some. I can't even begin to care about The Pirate Bay or who's buying it or selling it.

Glow9
09-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Harvard Law should buy this so their students can practice defending against lawsuits.

Beefy22
09-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Harvard Law should buy this so their students can practice defending against lawsuits.

Yeah, because those Harvard guys have had amazing success...

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/07/o-tenenbaum-riaa-wins-675000-or-22500-per-song.ars

I typically loathe illegal file sharing, but when it comes to music I'm indifferent. Not saying I pirate music, I just don't give a flying :banana::banana::banana::banana:. I hope the industry dies, in it's current state it deserves no better... Oh and WTF is wrong with juries as of late? $22,500 per song?!?

-EDIT-

As for the OP article... The original buyer GGF has been struggling to remain solvent for some time, not really surprised by this(as was already stated the deal has been dead, ATM they're simply nailing down the coffin's lid).