PDA

View Full Version : Sshhh...Title inside!

TheNexxuvas
09-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Beta Testing Sprint's HTC Hero, the first Sprint Android Phone.

I will post results after I receive the unit this week on initial impressions and also a bi weekly review.

I will give final results at the end of the testing period.

Thanks

Asylum1
09-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Kool...Let us know.

Frank M
09-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Erm... cool, I guess.
I hope I won't burst your bubble by saying that there are dozens of reviews
already out since August, not to mention it was available for purchase at
some places already in August...

TheNexxuvas
09-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Burst what bubble Frank?

Not testing the GSM version, testing the Sprint CDMA version which is not purchasable, nor launched yet (Oct date so far). Yes the GSM version has been out since Aug.

All good though bro, I'm very aware of the differences. HTC Sense UI is already going to be preloaded on this version.

Frank M
09-18-2009, 03:28 AM
Not testing the GSM version, testing the Sprint CDMA version which is not purchasable, nor launched yet

Oh, so that's an entirely different version?
Then disregard my previous post :)

TheNexxuvas
09-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Small update, according to the email received the unit just shipped to all beta testers, should arrive monday.

TheNexxuvas
10-01-2009, 09:26 AM
First week out.

Impressions are very high. Despite being chinless the design is very very sleek and feels good in your hand.

Downloading apps becomes exciting and very addictive as you open up Sprint's 3G data network and begin multiple downloads. Phone can take a good punch in the gut in this catagory with no slow down whatsoever.

HTC Sense UI is very intuitive and very customizable. Pages move very fast and slick from one to the other...no UI slowdowns yet and I've been putting it through its paces.

There is absolutely no task manager, but there are very nice kill apps on the marketplace to DL and use instead, and they work great.

HTC's people widget is spot on, 2 versions, a 3x3 grid or a 1x3. Works beautfully and the scrunched up pic version look fine...I can actually tell thats a pic of my house, wife, or repair desk, without looking at the contact description.

Sync with EAS worked beautifully. Battery life stinks if you don't scale this back to at least 15-30 minute checking intervals, but then again, all batteries on PDA's suck except Blackberries.

So far have made a few calls per day on it. Like all HTC's the volume is set by default pretty low at even the highest volume. Probably a rom fix out there for this just like the Touch Pro's and others.

Twitter program Peep had some issues at first, but HTC follows each peep account and lets you know how far along the fix was. They even sent out the update it was completely fixed which was very nice. Not sure if that is a beta test thing or what, but very cool on their part.

Was a good first week so far in testing it. Will drop back by and do an update closer to launch. There is supposed to be a few more software updates and I have not been informed yet on what will be added.