PDA

View Full Version : Single Staged Cooling - some questions..

neoNmaZteR
09-15-2009, 05:43 AM
What should I aspect for temperature on a Phenom II 955BE cpu ?
I have bought a SS unit from Little_Devil and it only gives me -15C idle at 1,35Vcore and stock speed and goes up to like +11C at load..
Little_Devil told me that the unit is tweaked for 250W..

What is a SS suposed to give a quad cpu for temperature?

I have checked the ss for leaks, remounted it, reisolated without any improvement at all!

Buckeye
09-15-2009, 06:31 AM
What should I aspect for temperature on a Phenom II 955BE cpu ?
I have bought a SS unit from Little_Devil and it only gives me -15C idle at 1,35Vcore and stock speed and goes up to like +11C at load..
Little_Devil told me that the unit is tweaked for 250W..

What is a SS suposed to give a quad cpu for temperature?

I have checked the ss for leaks, remounted it, reisolated without any improvement at all!

So many questions... I am sure Little_Devil can work things out for you as from I understand LD is a great builder.

Is this a new SS Phase or an older Chilly1 type ?

Have you taking the unit and not connected it to anything, turned it on and seeing what unloaded temps are ? I would think it should be in the range of -45c to -50c and the Evap should get all frosty.

If it was just shipped to you then it might have a leak caused by shipping it.

Photos would be real nice.

As far as just plain quad core CPUs and what temps to expect... we need to know what CPU you are running. Core I7 CPUs get a lot hotter than C2D types, or even AMD chips.

How are you reading temps ? maybe the temp probe slipped out of position...

We just need some more details and perhaps photos would be a big plus.

Foamy
09-15-2009, 06:32 AM
hey says hes running a phenom 965be :D

neoNmaZteR
09-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Iīm running a AMD 955BE..
The ss was brand new, atleast what LD told me!

Well, the evap is getting -38C witgout attached to something..
I will ship it back to him and buy one from another builder that knows whatīs he doin!

Riska
09-15-2009, 06:48 AM
to little amount gas in the unit sounds like a little leak

Buckeye
09-15-2009, 06:54 AM
hey says hes running a phenom 965be :D

gah to early in the morning, I completely missed that, sorry :)

Little_Devil does know what he is doing and a long time builder, I think it just got damaged in shipping which is not all that uncommon saddly.

neoNmaZteR
09-15-2009, 06:55 AM
But iīve allready leak tested it without any leakage at all..
Is there any way to test it further for leakage or something??

LittleDevil
09-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Send it back and everything is clear!! You didn't pay for it!!

Best Regards

LittleDevil
09-15-2009, 07:43 AM
If you don't want to replay on PM ok we will solve that in public, no problem for me!!

Here is the story.

neoNmaZteR PM me that he want to buy unit. I told him specs of that unit any everything, he said that he will take it. He also asked me if I can send quickly, because he need it. I said ok, but first you send me some kind of proof of money transfer. He send me screenshot of that transfer and I send him unit. (20.8.2009) Didn't look it detailed because I didn't have any probelems with any customer by now.

He got unit on 26.8.2009 and you done alot of benchmarks at 4500Mhz with the same CPU and publish them on hwbot. You didn't report any bad temp, also didn't replay on any PM more than 10 days! Now you change motherabord and you can reach only 4200Mhz like you told me, and now SS is leaking or not working??

You said that you send money twice and that bank was problem, but I don't think so! You send me fake screenshot of money transfer (I can show it here)!!

Now first send money to me and if unit leaking you can send it back to me, i will look it and repair, if enything needs to be repaired and send it back to you. I will cover shipping!

Splave
09-15-2009, 08:12 AM
this is getting ugly fast

neoNmaZteR
09-15-2009, 08:32 AM
If you don't want to replay on PM ok we will solve that in public, no problem for me!!

Here is the story.

neoNmaZteR PM me that he want to buy unit. I told him specs of that unit any everything, he said that he will take it. He also asked me if I can send quickly, because he need it. I said ok, but first you send me some kind of proof of money transfer. He send me screenshot of that transfer and I send him unit. (20.8.2009) Didn't look it detailed because I didn't have any probelems with any customer by now.

He got unit on 26.8.2009 and you done alot of benchmarks at 4500Mhz with the same CPU and publish them on hwbot. You didn't report any bad temp, also didn't replay on any PM more than 10 days! Now you change motherabord and you can reach only 4200Mhz like you told me, and now SS is leaking or not working??

You said that you send money twice and that bank was problem, but I don't think so! You send me fake screenshot of money transfer (I can show it here)!!

Now first send money to me and if unit leaking you can send it back to me, i will look it and repair, if enything needs to be repaired and send it back to you. I will cover shipping!

First of all, the screenshot ainīt fake, I can not be blamed for a bank transfer error!
All since Iīve got the ss it has showed -38C at the display on the front panel, I thought it was okey. Overclocked my cpu with my old motherboard that couldnīt show any temp in the bios or software, I reached 4,5GHz, nothing more than that. For 2 days ago Iīve got a new motherboard that has the capability of showing the cpu tempm, I discovered that it is -15C with only 1,35V at stock speed, started to do some research about ss units and discovered that it is something wrong with it.

As I said to u today I will ship it back to u so u can take a look at it!

And why should I Pm u, start threads here and so on if I was intending to fool u about the payment?? U can call my bank, give them the transactionumber and ask them uré self about the transfer that went wrong!

LittleDevil
09-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Did you compare your results with others:

Here is on link:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3980472&postcount=293

So did you resend money last week or not?

Here is what you send me:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3184/10305263.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/10305263.jpg/)

Best Regards

[XC] gomeler
09-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Looks like this belongs in customer/builder relations.

Praz
09-15-2009, 10:40 AM
neoNmaZteR

You come here out of nowhere posting this junk? Your post is disrespectful regardless who it would be directed at. You owe LittleDevil an apology and then maybe you can move forward on getting this resolved. Both the payment and the repair.

Snowman89
09-16-2009, 08:49 AM
To "quote" neoNmaZteR and translate what he wrote on a swedish forum:

"Its a homemade SS filled with ac gas "R134A". It stays at -40C load at 4.5ghz."

Heres also a pic that he posted on his gallery. He also removed the gallery when littledevil wrote in it asking about the payment.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3065/sdc12396.jpg

So first its able to hold -40 under load and then it "suddenly" doesnt... How do you explain this.. ?
Then you also put up FS on that unit that can be found ---> http://www.sweclockers.com/annons/?id=45594

tiborrr
09-17-2009, 02:27 AM
For 2 days ago Iīve got a new motherboard that has the capability of showing the cpu tempm, I discovered that it is -15C with only 1,35V at stock speed, started to do some research about ss units and discovered that it is something wrong with it.

Do you realize the core temperature shown by your motherboard isn't precise. With my cascade I got like -54°C (955 Black Edition) while evaporator was at -100°C. Your unit is working 100%, there is nothing wrong with the unit, rather with your way of thinking and your level of overclocking experiences and skills.

:shakes: :down:

thebanik
09-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Did you compare your results with others:

Here is on link:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3980472&postcount=293

So did you resend money last week or not?

Here is what you send me:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3184/10305263.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/10305263.jpg/)

Best Regards

why does it look like that the image has been edited with paint or some other crappy software.....A builder who sends a unit without even taking money shows his confidence in the unit and an amazing trustworthy nature, I hope the buyer keeps the trust for the sake of humanity.....

runmc
09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
neoNmaZteR-

Your story is falling apart quickly. You should try to work with LD instead of trying to humiliate him. Your sounding like PETE :rofl:

Snowman89
09-17-2009, 01:38 PM
neoNmaZteR-

Your story is falling apart quickly. You should try to work with LD instead of trying to humiliate him. Your sounding like PETE :rofl:

The "interesting" part is that hes active in the forum writing but he appears to have "forgotten" about this thread...

JAWS
09-18-2009, 05:57 PM
so let me get this straight....... neoNmaZteR is complaining about a SS (that actually looks very well made) that he never paid for? :shrug:

gosmeyer
09-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Dude Is so busted!

LittleDevil
09-19-2009, 11:40 PM
so let me get this straight....... neoNmaZteR is complaining about a SS (that actually looks very well made) that he never paid for? :shrug:

Exactly. Sill nothing new here, he didn't send it back. Money he ''sent'' last ween also didn't arrive...

Best Regards

tiborrr
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
I feel sorry for you, LittleDevil :(. I may suggest contacting the police and filing a fraud if the money will not show up sometime in the upcoming weeks.

thijs
09-21-2009, 01:23 AM
I agree, i suggest filling out a form. although getting angry in a forum isnt a way to solve anything, you look fairly calm over it. hope everything works out for you!

neoNmaZteR
09-23-2009, 12:03 AM
The ss is sent back to him, I canīt help that my bank is crap, It takes 10 days to send money, the first time the bank scruwed it up and the money was sent back to me. The second time was I just about to send it when the ss broke down, LD told me to send it back to him so he can take a look at it and that what I have done..

First of all, I wouldnīt register my name here that Iīm using everywhere, I would use a email adress that contains my full name and adress and such, I wouldnīt give him my right adress and phone number, I wouldnīt show my bank account number in the print...
So why would I scam him on the money for the ss?!

Everything is solved out..

LittleDevil
09-23-2009, 02:42 AM
The ss is sent back to him, I canīt help that my bank is crap, It takes 10 days to send money, the first time the bank scruwed it up and the money was sent back to me. The second time was I just about to send it when the ss broke down, LD told me to send it back to him so he can take a look at it and that what I have done..

First of all, I wouldnīt register my name here that Iīm using everywhere, I would use a email adress that contains my full name and adress and such, I wouldnīt give him my right adress and phone number, I wouldnīt show my bank account number in the print...
So why would I scam him on the money for the ss?!

Everything is solved out..

It is not solved at all!!!

We will see in what condition SS will arrive....

First proof of money transfer WAS edited!

Every bank can do international transfer! EU to EU is the easyest way because they only need IBAN and SWIFT!

The second time was I just about to send it when the ss broke down, LD told me to send it back to him so he can take a look at it and that what I have done..

I had that SS more than one month already in the box ready for shipping and you telling me that it suddenly died. If unit had leak you will get it uncharged and you couldn't reach 4500Mhz on first motherboard....

On secoond motherboard you couldn't reach the same speed and your pronunciation is that SS doesn't work! Funny!!

Best Regards

bubata
09-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Trust seems to be loosing its virtue this days :(. Shame on that guy.

LittleDevil
09-30-2009, 05:39 AM
neoNmaZteR!!! Take a look...

You didn't put anything on the bottom of the box, bottom of the unit is bent.

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/damage/3.jpg

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/damage/4.jpg

Unit is really dirty, stratches are all over the case...

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/damage/5.jpg

Broken temp display.

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/damage/7.jpg

Where are side pannels??? Isulation is also ''made by you''!!

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/damage/2.jpg

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/damage/1.jpg

Unit is completely out of gas, so probably suction line is broken, because you didn't pack it well.

You are going to pay for that unit!!!

LittleDevil
09-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Last replay when he saw that thread!

Not my problem now!! Bye Bye!

One_Hertz
09-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Last replay when he saw that thread!

It really sucks to see cases like these, but there isn't too much you can do about this :(

[XC] Oj101
09-30-2009, 06:46 AM
You obviously have his address, can't you take legal action? That's a lot of time and money for nothing otherwise :(

quintus
09-30-2009, 06:47 AM
By his respons he looks like a litle kid, sorry about this crappy situation!

Snowman89
09-30-2009, 07:20 AM
I can get you a bunch of phone numbers to him and some more nice info, if you want any of it throw me a pm.

yngndrw
09-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Wait what, he basically "borrowed" a unit, benched with it, broke it and sent it back - All without paying a thing other than the return shipping ?

I'm sorry to hear this LittleDevil. :( On the other hand, at least you have (Most of) the parts back so it's not all a loss.

LittleDevil
09-30-2009, 10:54 AM
It looks like that I will also get bill from shipping company...

JAWS
09-30-2009, 03:11 PM
It looks like that I will also get bill from shipping company...

let me put this lightly...................are you :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing kidding me???????

[XC] gomeler
09-30-2009, 07:23 PM
... I hope you can pursue legal action against this clown.

thijs
10-01-2009, 12:30 AM
no offense, but now you have the unit, why would you repair it , and send it back?
Just say he has to pay all outstanding bills first, then he gets it back.

If he try's any legal things, you have a story to tell aswell.

Community here is behind you, im sure there are people here that have had this before, and
can help you in the legal process. but why would you just repair it and send it back?

[XC] Oj101
10-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Make all his details public and we'll harrass him as a 100k+ member strong forum :ROTF:

LittleDevil
10-01-2009, 02:23 AM
I won't send anything back to him, because he didn't pay for anything.

Make pressure test with 23bar of nitrogen. Unit doesn't have any leak, he was playing with unit leave all gas from it and send it back to me....

Snowman89
10-01-2009, 02:25 AM
I won't send anything back to him, because he didn't pay for anything.

Make pressure test with 23bar of nitrogen. Unit doesn't have any leak, he was playing with unit leave all gas from it and send it back to me....

When i spoke to him he stated that you tuned it with R134A (Wich anyone with a little hvac skills knows that its impossible to the unit to keep -40 under load with r134a :P ) at first and then that it was poorly tuned. He then stated that he had recharged it with R107A ( or it was R105A he said, cant remember ) so now it held -50 at full load :rofl:

Good to hear that its atleast working properly, really a shame on such a nice unit though :( Hope you get it all solved out.

billdavis
10-01-2009, 10:02 PM
does he live near stuttgart germany?

if so talk through pm

ehh sweeden

tiborrr
10-02-2009, 04:34 PM
What a moron. I really hope this clown gets what he deserves on the court of law. Filling a fraud claim at the nearest police station is the easiest solution, just do it! :up:

Snowman89
10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
does he live near stuttgart germany?

if so talk through pm

ehh sweeden

Its really cheap to fly berlin->stockholm ;) Only 10euro back and forth with ryan air :)

How is it going LD, any news?

runmc
10-02-2009, 05:56 PM
this section isn't for all friends and family to come in and have a chit chat. :shakes: It's for builder and customer only!! :)

[XC] Oj101
10-04-2009, 03:30 AM
True, but the customer isn't around. It seems as if this thread was started as a "give me ideas please!" thread and that's what we're trying to do to help him:up:

LittleDevil
10-05-2009, 06:01 AM
He was also opened temp display and remowe original label.

I also got bill from shipping company 150€ without any insurance..!

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/damage/8.jpg

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/damage/9.jpg

http://ld-phasechange.com/images/damage/10.jpg

[XC] Hicks121
10-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Dude...I would send a letter to his parents explaining all very nicely to them. He sounds like a little kid. Hopefully his parents are more responsible.