PDA

View Full Version : stoopid

PoppaGeek
09-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Finally get new GTX 260 and put it with other one and all is working fine. No problems. Then, not thinking I made a change in the Nvidia Control Panel under 3d settings and 5 of the 6 WUs errored out. One which was working continued. The one on other GPU and the 4 in queue all "Computation Error". Does not make alot of sense that ones in queue would error but anyway it says I have reached daily limit and will not give me anymore. Detached, reset and still no more.

Whatever.:shakes:

INFRNL
09-13-2009, 01:20 AM
I tried that once, detaching makes no difference in getting new wu's. just have to wait it out. I will probably be in the same boat as you. I decided to reinstall and run sli. at first there was no downclocking, but seemed like it was still running slow. something happened and the driver stopped and errored out.

Now both cards are running in snail mode. I am currently @ approx 2 hrs in and only @ 10.5%. I should be about 30% or more already. looks like tomorrow I will revert back and lose a day of work as you will end up doing as well. I will now wait till they get this all figured out. I think it has something to do with driver/nvidia, but I could be wrong; maybe boince,grid hasnt figured something out yet

PoppaGeek
09-13-2009, 01:31 AM
I put all 3 260's on F@H, should get thru the ranks pretty nice. Will come back here when my "you been a bad boy" limit expires.

What makes no sense is why was 1 260 getting 6 at a time and 2 gets 6 for all day?

Oh well it's all worth it right? You know the fame and glory and hot chicks and gold necklaces. Right? :rofl:

INFRNL
09-13-2009, 08:48 AM
PG: since I wrote yesterday; I rebooted my machine, started precision and the restarted boinc. It went back to full speed on both cards :shrug: :yepp: :up:

I do not know what could have changed. Oh I forgot; I put core and mem to stock and left shaders @ 1620. So I am hoping this will continue to work. I think it may be ok as long as the drivers do not fail.

I stayed up too late last night so I did not see when they finished for total run time, but the new ones now say close to 8 hrs to complete; so keeping fingers crossed and hoping all is well now :shrug:

I will keep you posted. As far as wu's; it gives me 10 at a time for 2 cards, hope this does not effect my bonus, but I guess its not all about points.

Boinc says I have reacjed my limit of 12 tasks for grid, but It still gives me new wu's. I will keep you posted and will porbably post in one of the other threads that fits my situation better.

For future EXIT out of Boinc before you make any changes related

PoppaGeek
09-13-2009, 10:13 AM
I admire your tenacity. That down clocking probably would have driven me back to F@H or maybe take up fishing again. My 260 (192) is acting up now on other machine with F@H and 182,50 drivers. When it was on the 810 it did fine as long as it was 182.50 drivers but since I moved it to 9850 it is now crashing machine even on F@H. Guess I will try and RMA it. Really tired of fighting with it.

DAK1640
09-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I've always de-installed re-installed when daily limits of 8 reached...Works fine.:up:

INFRNL
09-13-2009, 02:55 PM
I admire your tenacity. That down clocking probably would have driven me back to F@H or maybe take up fishing again. My 260 (192) is acting up now on other machine with F@H and 182,50 drivers. When it was on the 810 it did fine as long as it was 182.50 drivers but since I moved it to 9850 it is now crashing machine even on F@H. Guess I will try and RMA it. Really tired of fighting with it.

When its crashing, is it driver related? I just cannot imagine there being something wrong with it, but never know. Have you run a gtx 260 on your 9850 rig before? more details please.

Do you wanna send it over here and I can test it for you :shrug: :yepp: :ROTF: Just making jokes, but I would be more than willing to try it on one of my rigs if need be.

There are a lot of guys having problems with gtx 260's. The only 260 I have ever owned was that 192 shader on for about a week till I traded up for a 275.

I wish I could be of more help. I guess you do not want me to tell you that Grid and SLI are still running like a champ. using 190.xx and boinc 6.10.4 :up: Also, so far I am @ stock core/mem and just oc'd the shaders. I think with the newer boinc's I get less clocks on mem/core and maintaining stability. When I was on older boinc and drivers, it was never an issue till I upgraded software :shrug:

If I revert software backwards, its almost like something stays in the registry :shrug:. Only solution I have found to work is to reinstall windows. maybe somekind of software (trace)cleaner

I will post back later once I get online for a longer period of time; thats when I have the most problems.

PoppaGeek
09-13-2009, 04:28 PM
I have had a 260 (216) that ran F@H, Grid and games fine with 190.62 on the 9850. The 260 (192) has only run 100% on the 810 only with 182.50. I moved it because the 810 is on a 4 PCIE slot MB in a HAF 932 case whcih has lots of air flow and a 750 PSU. The 9850 is a CM 690 case and the hot running 9850. Not as much air flow, hotter setup.

I am glad you are having some luck with your setup. So far the 2 GTX 260 (216)s are doing fine. It is just the 192.

INFRNL
09-13-2009, 09:30 PM
still running strong thank God! I do not know what is different from before when I had all those problems till now, maybe that I am on Win7 now :shrug:

I am also sorry that you are having problems with your 260-192, but I am glad your other 260's are doing well

PoppaGeek
09-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Since F@H generates more heat than most anything outside of programs like Furmark and OCCT GPU test you would think it works the card pretty hard. If a card can do 110+ F@H WUs without a single error and GPUGrid with no errors, using 182.50, and passes 1000s of loops of CUDA Mem Test how can it be defective. Does not make sense to me. In about 2 weeks I will have another PSU so may put the 192 on Linux and see how it does. Maybe it is a Windows issue.

The 192 crashed this a.m. while nothing was going on except F@H. I disabled PhysX and ran OCCT GPU test and all was ok. Has been folding all day.

Hopefully the 2 216s will be back on Grid in the a.m. and I can put some distance between me an Otis. Gotta keep an eye on that boy. :para:

:rofl:

Otis11
09-14-2009, 06:04 AM
You're just delaying the inevitable PG... I will catch you.

Maybe not in 21 days... maybe not even this year... but I'll get there. :yepp: