PDA

View Full Version : trinitron getting blurry

zanzabar
09-11-2009, 01:40 PM
my trinitron is getting blurry randomly when in use, how do i fix it?

it had started a few weeks ago and it would get blurry about once a week but then recently it was happening multiple times a day and now today its done it 4 times in about an hour. is this a sign that its dieing or do i need a new part

and i know that its the monitor and not the input since the trinitron lines get blurred

[XC] Hicks121
09-11-2009, 01:55 PM
It's on it's way out bro.

zanzabar
09-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Hicks121;4008629']It's on it's way out bro.

do u know how long they go affter this starts, and is it the electronics or the picture tube.

it figures that before something usable like OLED or some 100hrz lcd my trusty crt would die

Sparky
09-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Shoot. Some CRTs get a little blurry as they age, and that can be corrected (there are focusing adjustments inside) but if it blurs on you then corrects itself, then blurs again, that points to something worse than just needing adjustment :(

Honestly though, I don't miss my old CRT too much. Yeah, there is a little input lag on my LCD, but they space and weight savings are worth it! That, and the LCD is easier on the eyes.

RAW-Raptor22
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Shoot. Some CRTs get a little blurry as they age, and that can be corrected (there are focusing adjustments inside) but if it blurs on you then corrects itself, then blurs again, that points to something worse than just needing adjustment :(

Honestly though, I don't miss my old CRT too much. Yeah, there is a little input lag on my LCD, but they space and weight savings are worth it! That, and the LCD is easier on the eyes.

Im still using my old 1600x1200 CRT but an LCD would fit sooo much better on my desk... :(

SoulsCollective
09-16-2009, 08:39 PM
The only thing I miss about my old FW900 is that people tended to drool over it, and gave you space when carting things in from the car to the LAN - and from what I've heard it's considered one of the better CRTs ever made. If refresh rate really bothers you that much, there's always the Samsung 2233RZ.

zanzabar
09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
that samsung is to low of a resolution and those arnt actually 120hrz they can alternate 60hrz for 3d mode

and for space i have a corner desk purchased specifically to be used with a giant crt, and what its doing is sometimes it will blur then i have to turn it off then restart and its good, then it will ether look perfect like its new or it will look like an lcd then blur again and the chain repeats until it has this amazeing picture then it wont do it again for a few days