PDA

View Full Version : BSOD Xbox 360

dylskee
09-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Got a phone call from my nephew yesterday and told me his Xbox shows nothing but a blue screen now. He has full audio and everything else is working, just no video. Of course this is out of warranty now so I was wondering if anyone had any tips or fixes for this problem other than sending it back to Micro$oft? I searched google for bit last night but really didn't find any definitive answers.

I'm just wondering if the damage is already done, I was thinking of cracking it open and putting a better fan on it but if it's dead I don't want to waste the time or $$. I see some people saying it's the GPU over heating and others saying it's the PSU.

Jowy Atreides
09-11-2009, 05:29 AM
Tried new cables?
Tried the 360 on a different tv?

First ports of call.

dylskee
09-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Yeah, tried all that first. Tried resetting all video settings to default just to make sure he didn't screw with the settings but I get the same thing. I tried it on two different tvs with the same results.

dylskee
09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Anyone?........

zanzabar
09-11-2009, 06:52 PM
the video output most likely died, it happened to one of my friends. we could fix it by starting it with no video cable in the back of the system then when it was on plugging it in but then it died affter a month of that

Chumbucket843
09-12-2009, 09:18 AM
you would have rrod if it overheated. there is a switch on the cable to go from hdtv to sdtv. make sure it is in the right position.