PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS

Kurupt
11-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Have any of you messed around with photoshop CS. I heard the color comparison for it is way better. Also are any of the new Features worth going out and getting it ?

Venomous
12-07-2003, 07:54 AM
on my computer it seems alot faster than photoshop 7, but other than that i can't really tell the difference, i notice the filters load faster also

sky
12-11-2003, 03:11 PM
yeah the filter are faster and the way you do filters changed.
before you went to the pulldown, chose the filter you'd want to do, fiddled around with it - got a small preview that you could zoom and move around.
cs gives you a biggie window for all of that. you start by selecting one filter in the pulldown, but then the windowfrenzy takes over :D.

bam.. one big window (palette/inspector, whatever you want to call it anyway) pops. and that one has a preview of the pic to the left - compared to v7 its way bigger - and full size, not just an excerpt at 100%. next to that you some kind of browser for all the other filters that you can move through with the cursor keys, instantly changing the preview of your pic according to the currently selected filter and its parameters. that really owns if you have a specific filter in mind, but can't remember its name - happens to me all the time. i usually fiddle around with 5-10 filters, but basically know what others are around, not 100% sure what they do, but that doesn't matter with cs anymore - browse thru and you'll find out in a flash...
ok and the rightmost part of that window is the param-settings. toying around with them gives you direct feedback in the preview - just like we're used to. oh and the layout of this 3fold is customizable. if you don't want the effects-previews - kill em, and you only have the pic-preview plus the param-settings...

besides that i haven't really toyed around with cs too much, yet.

will check on the toolbar later on. i just hope they didn't rearrange some of the tools again, as they did from v6 to v7...